Friday, June 18, 2010

The Most Anticipated Day of the Week

It’s finally Friday! Yipee! Aside from Monday, this week seems to have gone by slow. Anybody else have a slow week?

I had a great bowl of oats planned for today with vanilla chai powder and strawberries. Too bad it blew over in the microwave when I lost track of it. Boo! By the time I had the mess cleaned I was out of time to start another bowl so went with cereal instead….same as yesterday, too.IMG_2097

Wildroots cereal, rice crispies and Bare Naked granola with USVAB. Did the trick!

Before the gym I gobbled up a caramel nut brownie Luna bar;IMG_2098

Um…..why have I only bought this flavour for DS before? Hello….it was amazing!!!!!

Mr. elliptical and I kicked it over the lunch hour.

  • Time: 45 minutes
  • Avg Hr: 154
  • Max Hr: 165
  • Calories Torched: 414
  • Distance: 4.7 miles

Lunch was another jammed packed, fabulous salad:IMG_2099

This one had garden fresh spring mix, red pepper, celery, mozzarella cheese, a spicy black bean SOL burger and sweet onion salad dressing. I ate it while working so it took a good hour to get it all eaten. HA! A little later I had a major chocolate craving, but no chocolate. I decided to go for a walk to stretch and distract myself. Wouldn’t you know that I came across a box of Timbits someone brought in to share? IMG_2100

x2 What can I say? They practically fell in my lap! :) Just before clocking out for the week I dug into a bowl of sweet watermelon.IMG_2101

One of my favourite summer treats for sure. My hubby was home on a vacation day today and didn’t think to get anything out for dinner so when it was time to get dinner going he hopped down to the store and bought some pizza’s for the oven. Mine was a spinach veggie number:IMG_2102

I paired it up with yet more salad. IMG_2104

This was pretty darn good pizza so I went back for round 2. After cleaning up I warmed an almond quinoa muffin just slightly in the microwave to eat as a sweet end:IMG_2105

Mmmm….melty chocolate, how I love thee!

The boys are off to ball hockey. DD isn’t feeling 100% today and I wanted her to stay home and rest so she’s up to par for our fundraising walk tomorrow. The weather is suppose to be sunny in the morning with a chance of storms in the afternoon, but we’ll be done by 11ish so I’m not too worried. After all, the last 2 years it rained so it wouldn’t be a first! We’re bringing KC, our neighbour dog, too. He’ll love it! There’s still time to donate to our team if you wish. Just click on the link provided in the top right corner of the blog. Any fun plans the weekend for you guys??

Bye for now!!

Bye for now!!

9 comments:

  1. I hope the weather stays nice! I've only been to one Relay for Life where it stayed warm the entire time. Other than that it has rained, or the temperature has suddenly dropped very low at night :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck tomorrow! Hope the weather holds out for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't agree with you more, the most expected day of the week!!! Have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck tomorrow! That pizza looks divine! enjoy your weekend!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. timbits are so hard to resist!! no matter where you work or where you go it always seems like someone is bringing in a box!! haha

    those chocolate ones are always the first to go huh!

    xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck tomorrow! i hope the weather holds up for you guys, and DD feels 100%!

    i totally felt you on the week just crawling..but now we're here! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. TIMBITS!!! I haven't had one of those in ages - so tasty! I hope the weather stays nice for you guys today. We had a wicked lightning show last night, it was crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, that Luna bar is one good bar! I would love to try that pizza too--looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thin crust pizza is the best, isn't it?

    I hope you guys enjoy the walk!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!