Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Salads, My Garden & Pie

Is everybody ready to celebrate a few holiday’s??? I’m off work tomorrow for Canada Day and plan on spending it out at the park where the city puts on a HUGE party. Rides, games, music, contests and fireworks once dark it’s what I’m looking at. And being as Sunday is July 4, I think I’ll celebrate then, too! :)

Yesterday evening the sun was shining like nobody’s business, but it was chilly. Brrr! I curled up on the couch under a blanket and just felt so peaceful. I didn’t even touch the computer, or my cell, nada. I just went old school and watched some Food Network, Losing It with Jillian and America’s Got talent. So now I have yet again 2 days to talk about! HA!

I had some yummy oats fro breakfast. That’s always a good stat, right?IMG_2310
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Quaker Oats
-cinnamon
-Boathouse vanilla chai
-walnut & pecan piecesIMG_2309
I enjoyed the Boathouse chai MUCH better when mixed in with the oats. Like I mentioned, straight up is too sweet, even for me! I think I’m gonna try it in some coffee next.

Before heading over to the gym I ate a piece of my banana snack bread:IMG_2311
I took a nice walk on the treadmill to get the blood pumping. I needed to get warm! :)

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 159
Max Hr: 174
Calories Torched: 431
Distance: 3.2 miles

Lunch was a big green salad with romaine, peas and cucumbers. I topped it off with some Renee’s roasted red pepper dressing:IMG_2312
Looks kind of like Christmas, but tasted ALL summer! Here’s a shot of the dressing:IMG_2308
I’ve been a little obsessed with Renee’s lately. Such a wonderful product!

Later in the afternoon I inhaled a pint of raspberries and chomped on some almonds: IMG_2313 IMG_2314
I changed as soon as I got home from work and went down to my garden to take some photos and cut off a head of Boston lettuce. Here’s how things are looking right now!IMG_2318 IMG_2315 IMG_2316 IMG_2317
Dinner was another huge salad, streamed broccoli, a chili lime turkey sausage and one random hotdog:IMG_2319
There was a time were I adored hotdogs on the BBQ. Sadly, I now find them unbearably salty. Boo!!! For dessert I had a slice of apple pie from pit stop #1 with vanilla ice cream. Now that I’ve tried everything I bought from there I’ll put up a review! And something else I will be reviewing is the butterscotch sauce that I drizzled on top of said pie!IMG_2328
SO GOOD!!

The kids finished up school yesterday and what a treat it was to have no lunches to make or backpacks to prepare! I slept in a few minutes longer than usual, fussed over my appearance a wee bit more then settled down to EAT!IMG_2321
Here we have a bowl of Dorset cereal, sliced strawberries and USAB. I don’t know which blend this one is because I chucked the box, but it has humongous brazil nuts and whole hazelnuts in it! Awesome!

I enjoyed another favourite (to me) bar before the gym today…chocolate peppermint stick!IMG_2322
Sadly, it’s another case of “my last one”. No worries; another month and I’ll be able to restock while in Michigan! :)

I walked again today. I’ve been sticking to 4mph with a 7.5% incline.

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 157
Max Hr: 172
Calories Torched: 446
Distance: 3.2 miles

Lunch was salad again….surprise! Today’s version was Boston lettuce, carrots, cucumber, tofu, blue cheese crumbles and Renee’s Japanese Ginger dressing:IMG_2323
I just really can’t get enough of salads these days! My afternoon snack was a cut up orange and sliced strawberries.IMG_2324
Great combo!

Even though it was sunny again today, it was still cool. It’s been feeling more like late September this week! I had pulled chicken breasts out for dinner and decided to cook it on the stove top rather than BBQ it. I cut the breasts in half then sautéed them until pretty much cooked through. Next up was a topping of salsa and grated marble cheese. I let it all cook together for about 10 mins. I also made some brown rice and steamed broccoli;IMG_2325
I only ended up eating one piece of chicken. I wanted room for dessert which was the very same as last night! YUM! There’s not much on the docket for tonight. I do know that I will be watching SYTYCD in a bit! For all my Canadian readers out there, what are your plans for Canada Day tomorrow??

Bye for now!!

12 comments:

  1. That butterscotch sauce MAKES that dessert - can't wait for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your day off! How fun. I can't wait for our three day weekend. Your garden is looking fantastic. Nothing like a real true home grown salad. I need to make your nana bars. I've missed you- sorry I have been a bad commenter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh enjoy Canada Day!!!!!! :) Can't wait to see your recap.

    Your garden looks sooo wonderful and summery. Boo for salty hotdogs! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you and your fam jam have a wonderful day tomorrow!!!!! I am working in the evening (someone's got to work the bars lol) but we have a dream team working (aka my besties) and matching outfits planned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your garden, wow so awesome!

    and your banana bread..yum!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you grown your own lettuce, that's amazing!!!! :D
    I'm having one salad every day to, love it!~~~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love summer celebartions--hope you have fun celebrating Canada Day! And those Renee dressings do sound fab--wish I could find them here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bah - it's chilly here too and I don't like it one bit!! Hope you guys have a great Canada Day! Enjoy your time off :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i dont think its faitr for the weather to be super sunny yet it feels cold. im with u on that.. curl up on a couch like a kitty :)

    WE HAVE THE SAME DRESSING! the roast.red.ppr. is SO TASTY <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your garden is gorgeous! There's nothing better than fresh veggies straight from the garden. Happy Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your garden looks wonderful! Boston lettuce is so tender, I love it.
    HOpe you're having a fun day with the fam!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!