Saturday, June 5, 2010

David’s Tea

I didn’t actually get home last night until after 9pm! HA! I picked DD up right after work to go for hair appointments then it was straight to ball hockey, then the mall. It was great! DD took a picture of my hair while I was driving:IMG_1928

My hair is naturally curly, but no one can make that curl come out like my hairdresser!

Breakfast yesterday was some scrumptious French toast.IMG_1919

I soaked 2 pieces of whole grain bread in some egg beaters, USVAB and chai tea powder (yum!). As it was just about to come out of the pan I tossed in a handful of fresh blueberries and let them go until they popped. These topped off the toast as well as a drizzle of maple syrup.IMG_1918

I was SO tired yesterday at work. I could’ve put my head down and fallen asleep on my paperwork at any given moment. The gym was the last place I wanted to go but I knew that it may help perk me up some. I ate a berry almond Luna bar before going in hopes of a boost!IMG_1920

Each step in my 45 minute walk was forced…and I even out the incline down to 5% from 8. But I’m still glad I went because it woke me up a little.

  • Time: 45 minutes
  • Avg Hr: 134
  • Max Hr: 147
  • Calories Torched: 326
  • Distance: 3 miles

I was quite hungry by the time I got back to my desk with my heated lunch! Like, almost ready to pass out hungry! Sheesh! I was happy to have a nice helping of Asparagus Barley Risotto to eat!IMG_1923

And because sugar always seems to go with being tired, I ate 3 mini cookies from the staff kitchen, too.IMG_1924

An orange also made an appearance,IMG_1925

I thought about inhaling this pb/chocolate treat, but ended up bringing it home for DD instead.IMG_1926

She enjoyed it….I would’ve regretted it! Hehe! We left the salon just as DS’s ball hockey game was starting so we made a pit stop at the grocery store for some portable dinner. DD had some taters and veggies with dip, I bought brown rice sushi:IMG_1931

And an apple from home.IMG_1927

The game was done by 7pm and we really didn’t feel like sitting around at home. DD had a few gift cert’s from her b-day to burn up so off to the mall we went. I found some great artwork for the bathroom walls (once my hubby gets them hung I’ll post the long overdue pictures!), the newest edition of Clean Eating magazine:IMG_1933

And some tea from a new tea shop that opened recently called David’s Tea.

IMG_1945

My stylist told me about this place and that I HAD to try a tea called “Read My Lips” which is chocolate peppermint with a hint of chilli! And when she tells me something is great, I listen! IMG_1947

How’s that for a description??? Believe it or not, but this has actual mini chocolate chips and cinnamon lips in it! See for yourself…

IMG_1949

How does it taste? AMAZING! It makes my tongue tingle…in a good way! I bought a fruity one for my hubby called “Bear Trap”. IMG_1948

I’m loving their descriptions! What a great find! And I can never leave the mall without stopping at Starbuck’s seeing as I only treat myself when we’re there. I went with a tall 1/2 sweet, decaf, dark cherry mocha!

IMG_1932

I was just about to fall asleep last night when a wicked thunderstorm hit. It was LOUD! I was surprised neither of the kids flew down to our room and assumed they were asleep but they both told me this morning that it woke them up too. I did end up sleeping well, though. IMG_1935

  • 1.25 cups water
  • 3/4 cup Mothers oats
  • cinnamon
  • Enjoy Life Foods mountain mambo trial mix

IMG_1934

Great start to the day and just the fuel I needed to power me through a few hours worth of serious, catch up housework. Ball hockey tied us up last weekend and not much got done. The rain held off so I put a few loads of laundry out on the clothesline. Love that! Before I knew it, it was time for lunch. I made a big salad with spring mix, cucumber, goat cheese, cashews, hemp seeds and Japanese ginger dressing:IMG_1936

Then I had a double chocolate biscotti. IMG_1937

DS had another ball hockey game at 2 so we went to watch that. There won’t be another game for 2 weeks now. Afterwards we dropped the boys off and went back to the mall because DD had bought a pair of shoes last night and then decided she didn’t care for them. I tried on a cute dress that I thought would be nice for a wedding we’re going to at the end of the month and it looked GREAT on me, but I didn’t feel 100% comfortable in it so I passed. I suggested DD try it on and she loved it so SHE bought it for the wedding! HA! How’s that for weird? It looks great on her, too…just in a different way. We stopped at Starbuck’s again on our way out. *blush* I had a tall NF 1/2 sweet iced green tea latte:IMG_1939

DD had a frap called “the Oreo”. Not sure what’s in it, but it was one of the employees featured fave’s and it was really, really good! IMG_1938

Can you decipher that?? I only let her drink half and the rest is in the fridge for tomorrow. We scooped the boys up on the way by the house and made our way to our friend’s place for a very causal dinner. Their baby boy will be one in a few weeks and we haven’t seen them since Christmas so a visit was long overdue! They had all the fixing prepared for subs which was just perfect. I topped my fresh WW bun with cheddar, turkey, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pickles and honey mustard.IMG_1943

Such a simple, yet satisfying meal! My hubby went over to DQ and bought a cookie dough ice cream cake for dessert. Here’s my piece.IMG_1944

Their little boy was ALL over this! And so was I!! :) We’re back home now and about to watch Werewolf. Not sure what that’s all about, but apparently I’m going to like it. We’ll see. Have a great rest of the weekend!

Bye for now!!

15 comments:

  1. mmm that icecream cake looks delish! I usually get one for my birthday!! :)

    your eats look delish as usual...you are a very busy lady! i would be tired too, if I were you lol... But you somehow manage to always do it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually love summer thunderstorms, but I always sleep through them. I'm such a heavy sleeper haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exhausting day! It sounds like you got a lot done. I am having that "liable-to-fall-asleep-at-any-moment" feeling at this very moment... zzz....

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your hair curly. My hair is pretty wavy naturally too. I love scrunching it up- its such an easy do and go. That trail mix is seriously delicious looking. And you're making me want to run out to starbucks now for a special treat. Ow ice cream cake- its been too long ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love your curly hair! i only wish i could ever make my hair look like that; nice big loose curls!

    and those drinks and dessert look AWESOME!! so great for hotter weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cookie dough ice cream cake sounds soooo good! I've had so much cake in the past 2 days, how can I even think about it? LOL

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh, that french toast looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bouncy/curly look on ya! Isn't it amazing what hairdressers can do, but we "everyday" people can't..haha! I just got the newest Clean Eating too, lots of good recipes in there! I am going to try and make the tropical couscous salad soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, snap. I've got a new dessert item I need to try. DQ never ceases to amaze me with their yummy concoctions that make my knees weak.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness absolutely love your hair curly!!! You have me wanting to go to Starbucks right now and get a yummy treat!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. single handedly the best description on a product ever! haha.

    I LOVE UR HAIR CURLY LIKE THAT!

    and u always have the best treats! even if theyre bought, i mean- seriously! they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hair is so pretty, Krista! I've always wanted curly hair. :)

    That tea sounds incredibly delicious! I'm going to see if I can buy it online! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. *Sigh* look at that gorgeous curly hair!! *SO* jealous! lol!! My hair is pin straight! Such is life I guess.. ;)

    All your eats look SOOO good! That "Enjoy Life" granola stuff looks delicious! Going to have to check it out and see if I can eat it! lol!

    Last time I was at SB's I had a Strawberry Lemonde.. was delicious! Have you tried those yet? If not, definitely worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Check out that ice cream cake. Love me some DQ ice cream cake. We sometimes got them at work for birthdays. Alas, I haven't had any in far too long.

    How cute is that tea with the cinnamon lips in it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Oreo is a "double chocolate chip frappuccino" with white mocha instead of regular mocha (I'm guessing since your drink isn't dark). It is cream-based therefore there is no caffeine.

    I used to personally make a "vanilla bean frappuccino" with extra chocolate chips since im not fond of their mocha syrup.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!