Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Two Days of Stuff

Hola, bloggies! It’s a wet one in my neck of the woods today. The only plus I can see to all this rain is that I haven’t had to water my garden since I planted it! HA! The past 2 days have been real low key which I’ve needed. It’s been a busy few weeks! Unfortunately, low key doesn’t make for an interesting blog post! LOL! I’ll just get on with it, here!

Tuesday’s breakfast:IMG_1992
-2/3 cup water
-1/3 cup Quaker oats
-cinnamon
-blueberries
-Bare Naked granola sprinkled on topIMG_1991
Morning snack-a-roo was a piece of whole grain bread with some honey pecan spread on it;IMG_1993
This just it the spot. I was sad to pop the last bite in my mouth!

I finally got first dibs on the elliptical yesterday. It’s been in use the last few times I’ve wanted to hop on. It helps that my 11:30 lunch start gets me in there before everyone else! *wink*

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 149
Max Hr: 171
Calories Torched: 404
Distance: 4.7 miles

Lunch was a simple salad of spring mix, cucumber and blue cheese crumbles with raspberry walnut dressing:IMG_1994
I really like blue cheese. It’s strong so you don’t need to use a lot and I find that it brings so much depth to any dish its part of. It’s expensive so I don’t buy it often, but I had a coupon for a buck off so I went for it. Do you like blue cheese? If not, what kind do you enjoy and why? Cheese is a big hit at my house so I’m always looking for new ones to try!

My afternoon snack was the rest of my carrot sticks from Monday.IMG_1995
How exciting, right? HA!

Dinner was on the early side again last night because DD had to be back to rehearsals for 6pm. We had burgers….quick and easy! Mine was a SOL spicy black bean burger with all the fixings and an ear of corn:IMG_1996
I love corn on the cob. DS does not. I don’t know many kids that don’t like to eat corn on the cob if even just for the mess of it!

I dropped DD off and had some time before I had to go to Pilate’s so I made a pit stop at the health food store. I scored some Greek yogurt (with a bonus dollar off coupon), a box of ginger chews and a carob brown rice crisp square:IMG_1997
And the best buy, IMO, was this Camino 65% dark chocolate coconut bar!

IMG_1998
I had some on my way home from Pilates and can I just say that it tasted EXACTLY like a macaroon? Love, love, love! A friend of mine who has a daughter in the same recital as DD was kind enough to drop my girl off so I didn’t even have to go back out. We vegged out in front of the TV watching America’s Got Talent. This is something I’ve never seen before and was good for a few laughs. I like Howie Mandel, but I don’t believe it will become a regular Tuesday night show.

I made some overnight oats before hitting the sack last night which included 2/3 cup USVAB, 1/3 cup Quaker oats, cinnamon, Greek yogurt, chia seeds, carob powder, raspberries and blueberries.IMG_1999
Not sure what is was about this bowl, but I just wasn’t digging it. Maybe because I would’ve preferred something warm on a cold, rainy morning? Not sure, but I couldn’t finish this and probably won’t make it again for some time.

I was, however, most excited about my morning snack! I brought the carob brown rice crisp square that I bought last night which I’ve seen Jessica eat many times.IMG_2000
Boy, was this GOOD! It’s probably not a good thing that I know where these are sold now! HA!!

I was happy to get in the gym for a power walk today because the office was chilly and I knew I’d get warm fast in there. I was the only one, too so I cranked Rachael and went to town!

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 160
Max Hr: 223 (I think not!)
Calories Torched: 454
Distance: 3.2 miles

I’m gonna have to shake up this walk of mine because I think my body is getting used to it. When I first started with the 7-8% incline I was burning over 500 calories and now it’s been averaging 450. Not that this is a problem of any sorts….I just take it to indicate that I need to shake it up some.

Lunch was a sad spectacle. I laid in bed listening to the rain longer than I should’ve this morning and ran out of time to pack something more decent. I threw corn from the cob, some edamame and a chopped up SOL spicy black bean burger into a container and called it lunch.IMG_2002
Humpf! I ate some almonds, too. IMG_2001

Later in the day a co worker made a coffee run and brought me back a 1/2 coffee, 1/2 hot chocolate:IMG_2003

This was perfect for a dreary day! I made myself a great stir fry for dinner tonight. I cooked some cubed tofu, mushrooms and broccoli until tender then hit the mixture with a 1/4 cup of Japanese Ginger dressing:IMG_2004

The final touch was some goat cheese dabbed on top.IMG_2005

Simple, yet jam packed with flavour! I finished the meal off with some Camino coconut dark chocolate,IMG_2006

After dinner we watched Dr. Oz then took the kids to swimming lessons. It was so warm there that I could’ve laid on the bench and fell asleep! HA! I just finished a small bowl of sliced peaches topped with a scoop of Greek yogurt and agave,IMG_2007

And that’s all for now! I hope you’ve had a good 2 days!

Bye for now!!

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're having some more low key days! You are always so crazy busy. Hmm whole wheat bread- so good! We actually GRILLED some of the bread I made yesterday tonight....it was so good. I wanted like 5 more pieces. The sliced peaches bowl looks delicious. I love the bowl itself too- so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Low key days are fine! and you've definitely needed them. Only two more days until another weekend, too! Oh, and I tried overnight oats one time also and didn't like them very much. I actually think I added way too much liquid- I ended up having to cook them anyway! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to try that carob bar when I saw it yesterday but it was $5 over here. I just couldn't do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it's peach/summer produce (stone fruit and berries) season again! -- melon as well. What a joy. Nice to see the prices come down, too. :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love new finds at the grocery store. I recently moved back home for the summer and I now have access to a Whole Foods! There are just so many new things to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really loved the coconut cocoa camino!! i was so excited when i first saw it come out! i used to think the mint was my fav but this one tops it i think!

    id love to try that carob crispy square so badly!!! totally just checked it out on jessica's blog too and BOY is that bar nice and thick! bet it was heavenly!

    thats cool that u were a little low key and took some Krista time. always important <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. As much as I love cheese, blue cheese is one I do not enjoy. I don't know what it is, but the flavour doesn't work for me. I'll eat any other cheese I can think of, but not the blue.

    I've had that Cocoa Camino bar once before, and I thought it wasn't coconutty enough. Perhaps mine was odd?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the coconut milk tastes like macroons! I'm definitely going to look for that...I'd like to make my oats with it! :)

    I love blue cheese too! My favorite is gorgonzola, which is like blue, but a little milder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The rain seems neverending here as well. Oo that dark chocolate coconut bar looks heavenly!And lucky you to find the carob squares, I always envy them on Jessica's blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow..if those days are lowkey for you...then I feel very lazy right now ;) LOL..

    I absolutely adore that coconut chocolate...I have some in my fridge right now ;);)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those squares are so good aren't they? The packaging doesn't make them very attractive..but once you figure out how good they are...it's hard to resist.
    Your first bowl of oats looks like pie filling YUM!
    We've watched random espisodes of America's got Talent for a few years. We miss 'the Hof' this year. haha...Howie's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went through a long period where I never had bread and butter. All of the sudden I've been craving it like a mad woman and of course I've given in. There's just something about bread with a nice spread on it. I can't believe I missed out on it for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never tried blue cheese but every time I seem to be around it or bring it up, whoever I'm mentioning it to cringes. Makes me afraid to give it a go! I'll try (almost) anything once though so next time it's staring me in the face I'll have to see how it goes :)

    I tried those Sol spicy burgers before and wasn't a huge fan sadly. I ate them up anyway though haha. That COCONUT chocolate, on the other hand, now that sounds like something I would definitely be a fan of.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!