Friday, June 26, 2009

Amen for the Weekend!

It just didn’t seem fair this morning that I had to get up for work while everyone else slept. *POUT* Alas, I survived it! A great bowl of oats helped me out…
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Quaker oats
-pumpkin puree
-cinnamon, salt, vanilla
-PB2
-carob chips and a few peanuts
As I was enjoying this I was looking out my kitchen window and noticed that my Dad was in the backyard. What the heck….at 7:30am? He was already out for a walk (I’m pouting again) and stopped by to look at the siding my hubby put up on our shed last summer because he wants to do his the same. We had a nice little chat before I had to leave.

When I got to work I mixed up a packet of Amazing Grass super food in my huge Starbucks tumbler which I sipped on all morning,

I also snacked on some dried apricots;

Before leaving the mall last night I stopped in at Starbucks and grabbed a tall light blended mocha...
I was a little annoyed that the barista didn't even fill the cup and even more annoyed when I got to the bottom and found a disk of ice. Humpf! All aside, it tasted divine on a hot night!


Finally it was time for the gym! I admit that I had mixed feeling about going today with the kids at home so I called DD to see if they all wanted to meet me at the park, but my lazy bones were still in their jammies! That sealed the deal and off I went for a sweat sesh. I wanted to use the elliptical but someone was on it so I went for a run instead. I took it a bit easy because my right ankle is still not too happy with me.

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 161
Max Hr: 174
Calories Burned: 436
Distance: 4.5 miles


I had kind of a kooky lunch today. The fam had a big can of Bush’s honey baked beans as their side last night so I dumped the last 1/2 cup or so over top the last of the steamed veggies…
Weird, but tasty! I felt like a kid eating this! There was also a handful of mini Breaton crackers that played camera shy. Don’t know why; they were way cute! :) I also made my way through this container of blueberries and raspberries over the afternoon.
I chilled at home for a bit before I went to my last Pilates class. I decided not to sign up for the summer session as i like to be free to make plans for whenever I want. I'll be heading back in September for sure. Before I left I made a toasted chocolate PB2 sandwich to tie me over;
I got back home just before 7 and whipped up an egg white omlette stuffed with raw cow's milk Swiss and some Sabra hummus. On the side was some cottage cheese with a dollop of pear ginger jam...
Dessert was a chocolate chip z-bar that I accidentally deleted the picture of. Ooops! I'm currently out enjoying the nice weather again and resting up for a super fun trip into Toronto That I have planned for tomorrow with a fellow blogger. You'll have to come back tomorrow to see where I went and with who!!!


Bye for now!!

11 comments:

  1. When I have a Starbucks now I ask them to double blend it then you dont get the ice chips and its smooth and creamy yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those beans need are some wieners :D

    I wish I were the lucky fellow blogger who gets to go to T-Dot with you tomorrow. The only place I've ever been in Toronto is the airport. Crazy, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I never thought to put hummus in an omelet but that is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pear ginger jam? with cottage cheese? wow...that sounds so good!
    Question abt the oats...do you cook the PB2 WITH the oats?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pear ginger jam, sounds unusual, but tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a yummy bowl of breakfast really helps to get up and start the day! :)
    have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have so much fun in Toronto! Can't wait to hear about the trip. I love baked beans....they're filling and sweet mmm. I bet they tasted awesome with all those veggies mixed in. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your breakie looks soo much like dessert, I LOVE IT. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait, is a blended mocha the same as a Mocha Frappuccino?! It looks good, but I can't believe the barista didnt even fill it all the way up!

    Oh and Pear Ginger Jam sounds intriguing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness you just gave me another way to consume hummus!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love those light fraps, but I always ask for mine to be blended twice for that very reason. I hate getting to the bottom and only having ice!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!