Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fibre Gourmet....But Is It???

Hey everybody! I woke up to a dull and dreary morning, but it’s still warm so I’m OK with that! I did decide that a taste of the tropics was in order, though.

-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Quaker oats
-cinnamon, coconut extract, salt
-cup thawed mango chunks

Whirl away with immersion blender....then add;

-unsweetened coconut
-chia seeds
-splash of Silk
Mmmm, the Islands in my bowl! It's pretty sad that I had to use the flash outside.

I left you all hanging with my dessert last night so let's get that out of the way. I felt like a parfait-type deal so I broke up a banana rhubarb muffin and layered it with stewed rhubarb. That got topped off with Cool Whip Free;
Oh, yum!

A work project kept me busy for the morning so it went by at a pretty good clip. Before going to the gym I ate some (more) stewed rhubarb;

I saved just enough for my oats tomorrow. Gotta make sure to think ahead sometimes, ya know!

Before I get into my gym shenanigan’s I wanted to brag a bit about placing second in Angela’s Bikini Body Boot Camp!!! Yay, me! Now, you won’t be seeing me in a bikini anytime soon unless they find a miracle cure for stretch marks, but I’m happy with my (small) results none the less. The challenge was fun and Ange did a stellar job in posting new, fun and tough exercises for us each day. My vote is in for a summer BBBC!

On to the gym. Yesterday’s hot, stuffy run had me feeling “off” until bedtime so I was way happy to see the elliptical free today. It was still hot as sin, but being able to hold on to the “handles” and close my eyes makes all the difference (to me).

Time: 50 minutes
Avg Hr: 162
Max Hr: 180
Calories Burned: 457
Distance: 5 miles

I enjoyed another beautiful salad today. I really like to eat salads for lunch in the summer time so I try to switch up the contents so it doesn’t get boring for me or you guys!
Today’s combo consisted of a romaine heart, broccoli florets, a salmon fillet from last night’s dinner and 2 egg whites that I cooled overnight and chopped up.

I also tried a new dressing today…Renee’s Pomegranate Blueberry Acai.
This stuff rocked and is only 5 calories per tbsp. Hell ya….pour it on! PLUS, its sugar free and has a great ingredient list. Click on the above link to check that out.

I needed a little pick me up this afternoon so I made myself a mocha in a Halloween mug;

Hit the spot on a damp day.

I made pasta for dinner tonight mostly because I wanted to try the Fibre Gourmet that I bought last week (the fam got regular pasta). For the sauce I used ground chicken, mashed up lentils, onion, garlic, can diced tomatoes, a can of tomato sauce, roasted red pepper pesto and some spicy curry tapenaude. I sprinkled my dish with some of the raw cow’s milk Swiss I bought at Whole Foods….
Here are my thoughts on the Pasta, keeping in mind that I am NOT a pasta lover by any means! ***I LOVED IT!*** It tasted exactly like regular pasta but didn't leave me with that nasty full, repeat-on-me-all-night feeling that I usually get. It's a little on the pricey side so it won't be a norm in my pantry, but I would buy it again for sure. I must say that this meal was the perfect choice for tonight because it started pouring around 2pm and hasn’t let up since. A hearty meals seems like a requirement on a crappy day, no?

My sweet end was a bowl of sliced strawberries and raspberries with Cool Whip Free;
I’m off to the pool now for the kid’s last swimming lesson until September. I don’t put them in summer lesson because it’s just too busy a time. Ball hockey will be done this Saturday so that leaves us with only soccer on Monday’s until Aug 10. Breathing time! Back on track here....when we get back from the pool SYTYCD is on and you can be sure that I will be watching it! Take care...

Bye for now!






13 comments:

  1. ah! Congrats on the bootcamp challenge! That is so exciting!! Your dessert from last night sounds awesome! What a fun mix

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coconut in oats, delicious!

    Congrats on the BBBC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats my dear :) and the only thing that's "small" is you! when you think of the time, it's darn impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the 411 on the pasta!! Love the parfait snack :)

    Your Halloween mug is way too cute - one of my favorite holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on the boot camp challenege :) I'm totally eyeing up that stewed rhubarb. What can I say, I like rhubarb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! You're so funny regarding the stretch marks. I never thought I would get them, but I already have them at age 26!

    The salad looks delicious. Also, I'm such a fan of Cool Whip free (so take this advice in the best way possible)...don't each too much at once because it has hydrogenated oil (aka, trans fat!). I used to eat it by the spoonful, then I noticed the hydrogenated oil, EVIL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the BBBC! I love fiber gourmet, too! I think it tastes just like pasta :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo hoo! Congrats girl! You do work out pretty hard so I'm not shocked :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like a pasta worth trying! Do you feel extra fiber in them? I tried once a pasta with more fiber than usual and it was liking eating raw fibers.
    breakfast and desserts look delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. all of your rhubarb tasties make me want to go buy some!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on the bootcamp!! 2nd place is amazing!

    all your rhubarb is making me wish i had instant access to my mom's garden. she has loads of it growing, but she's four states away :-(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything tastes better in a holiday mug! I eat ice cream out of an Easter one. I don't know what it is . . .

    http://Ohlivin.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loove Fiber Gourmet products! Have you tried their mac and cheese yet? I just did 2 days ago and I already ordered more boxes! So good and creamy--I bet your kids would love it too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!