Thursday, September 4, 2008

Another Rough Night

I think I must be battling some unknown anxiety this week. It was 2:30am before I fell asleep again last night! I had no reason to be awake, I just could not settle! I'll have to try to make it an early night again tonight. As a side note...I did eat a Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Peanut Butter granola bar around 9pm...



Wonder if this innocent looking snack is the culprit??

Breakfast today had a little extra protein added in. I figured it would help to fuel me through the morning on very little sleep!

The combo:

-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Old Wessex 5-Grain cereal
-3 Tbsp egg whites
-1/2 cup blueberries
-cinnamon/sugar sprinkles



I find the egg whites make the oats really creamy and thick. YUMMY!

I had a meeting today from 11am to 1pm and lunch was not supplied which is OK with me! I'd always rather pack a lunch than be faced with unhealthy options. I decided on a ham & cheese wrap, which I cut in half, and a bunch of carrot sticks. I ate half the wrap before the meeting and the other half with the carrots after the meeting.





There was also a bowl of fruit provided by one of the ladies in attendance. I had a big, beautiful sprig of crunchy, juicy, sweet green grapes. I'm judging that I ate a good 2 cups worth....they were BIG grapes! Sorry, no photo! I didn't take the camera into the meeting...that's no place for a camera!

Supper needed to be quick tonight because my husband had a 6pm appointment to pick up the siding for the shed so I ended up making 2 fast, easy dinners. I had a container of pasta sauce in the freezer from the last batch I made and a package of cheese tortellini so those two items got paired up. Again, I have nothing against pasta, it just sits too heavy for me! Here's my daughter's plate....



Looks yummy, doesn't it?

For myself, I made what I'm calling "Leftover Soup". Basically all the odds and ends from the fridge went into a pot. Here's the combo:

-2 cups chicken stock
-1/2 cup fire roasted diced tomatoes
-the last of the pumpkin puree, maybe a 1/3 cup
-1 cup chickpeas
-1 mango chili sausage
-1/2 cup mix veggies

I basically threw everything into a pot and brought it to a boil. I served it with a handful of pretzels (which I forgot to photograph) and 1 Tbsp of Parmesan cheese.



This made about 3 cups of soup. It was fantastic! The sausage gave it some spice and the pumpkin puree smoothed it out. The chickpeas added texture and the fire roasted tomatoes tons of flavour! Too bad these ingredients may never all be in the fridge at the same time again! I ate half the pot and packed the other half for lunch tomorrow.


On the weekend I bought a big box of Land O Lakes hot chocolate at Costco. It's got 6 different flavors in it and it's something I buy there once a year. There's Dark Chocolate, original, mint, raspberry , french vanilla and caramel flavors and I love them all! This box will last me almost the whole year!



For dessert I had a mug of the dark chocolate kind....



OOoohhhh...so good!

After dinner I hit the grocery store so I have one less thing to do tomorrow after work. And I had some quality time with my Chatelaine magazine that arrived in the mail today. For a snack I had a half cup of Kellogg's Guardian cereal topped off with a half cup of unsweetened Original Almond Breeze. It was the perfect size to calm the "gotta have a snack" demon that lives within me!



It's 9pm now and I must go make lunches for tomorrow and get school bags set to go. The more I do at night, the less hassle I have to deal with in the morning!

Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Do you cook your oats/hot cereal in a crockpot? If so, what are the instructions for that--how long does it take? Thanks! -lainb

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!