Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Inspired by a Vegetable

Last night while watching The Biggest Loser I ate the last 2 peach bars. The next batch I make I'll be doing with pears and maybe a few raisins! Anyways, I enjoyed these with a cup of joe.




So today’s breakfast was an original in that I didn’t read about the idea anywhere. That doesn’t mean that it hasn’t been done! (But I hope it hasn’t, I’d kinda like to be the first!) I’ve been craving zucchini bread but I’ve held off on making it until I eat all the Vita Muffins. But then I thought “Why not flavor my oats this way?” So I give you...(insert drum roll)...

Zucchini Bread Oatmeal

-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Quaker oats
-1/3 ish cup of grated zucchini
-2 Tbsp wheat berries
- a few raisins
- lots of cinnamon
- small scoop of almond butter

Everything went into the pot once the water was boiling except for the almond butter which I stirred in at the end.



I’m so thrilled that I thought to do this! Pat on the back for me! This bowl of heaven was marvelous! I bet it would be just as good with grated carrots...then you’d have carrot cake oatmeal. I think I need to try that, too! As for the fullness factor, I give the dish another A+. My hunger was satisfied until lunch rolled around at 1pm and even then I wasn’t starving!

I was watching music videos while on the treadmill at lunch and “When I Grow Up” by the Pussycat Dolls came on. I love running to this song! It just gives me an extra burst of energy. I’m watching these girls and thinking, “Man, I’d love a figure like that!” And then I thought some more and said to myself “and why exactly do you want a body like that?” Sure, flat abs, perky boobs and a tight ass would be like a dream, but where would I go looking like that? To work? To swimming lessons? Let’s face it, a body like that would be a waste on me! I don’t think I’ll have the opportunity anytime soon to dance on the hood of a vehicle in stilettos…..and even if I did it would most definitely result in a very painful trip to the emergency room! I concluded my run on this thought...although I’m a bit stretched and saggy, I have a healthy, fit body and that’s just fine by me. Gone are the days of wanting to look “skinny”. I’d much rather people look at me and say that I look healthy and fit. Oh…and my run felt great!! :)

We’re getting down to slim pickings in the fridge so lunch ended up being a Smart Ones frozen dinner. It was Pasta Primavera and I mixed it with about a half cup of leftover veggies from last night. It was pretty flavorful.





I also had a Ginger gold apple to go along with it...Like my fancy Kleenex?



Around 4:30 I decided to eat my (last) Vita muffin so that I wouldn't munch as I was preparing dinner.



This morning I put a turkey breast in the crock pot because I wouldn’t have had time to roast it after work. I just seasoned it with some salt and pepper and lots of Mrs. Dash garlic seasoning. I topped it with some cranberry chutney on top and brown rice and baby peas.



And the sweet end to my meal....a chocolate chip All Bran bar.



In about 45 minutes I'll be off on a 5km walk with my parents. It's a beautiful night and seeing as they're becoming few and far between, I decided to trade in the treadmill for some fresh air. I haven't got much planned for afterwards. Maybe I'll bake something...we'll see!

Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. Great job with the oatmeal! It looks amazing! I have never seen those All Bran bars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zucchini bread oatmeal! O.M.G.! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!