Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Girls Night Out

WOW! I don't know if it's the cooler temperatures or what, but I slept fantastic last night and I was wide awake and ready to go 1/2 an hour before my alarm was set to go off! Wahoo!

Before I get to breakfast I want to share my opinion on the blueberry muffins I made last night. They ROCKED!! Not only are they huge, but the addition of maple syrup was genius! Every bite had just a nice, subtle taste of its sweetness. Mine were jam packed with blueberries....I realized later that I have a container of wild blueberries which are much smaller. I probably should have only added 3/4 of a cup instead of the full cup. No matter, I love blueberries so it wasn't an issue. Everybody should make these! Go Hungry Girl!!



On to breakfast! This morning I made another Hungry Girl recipe containing blueberries....pancakes!



I traded agave for the splenda and plain yogurt for the cottage cheese. Once I slid it on to the plate I realized I should have used a bigger one! Oh, well....it's not like this baby spent a lot of time on the leaf, anyways!

I made a gigantic spinach salad for lunch today. I also added wheat berries, a mango, cucumber and some low fat Italian dressing.



Talk about tasty and filling, too! The only issue I had with it was that I had a grumbly stomach all afternoon. Too much fiber, I think. I also had an apple to munch on...no photo, though! I think I've taken enough apple picture's for now!

Somebody brought this treat in to the office today...



After 4 bites my brain got through to my mouth and I realized that I didn't really like it so I didn't eat anymore. I'm not a lemon-y kind of girl. This is an accomplishment for me because not so long ago I would have ignored my brain and ate it all anyways. I haven't perfected this particular listening technique yet, but I'm getting there so pat on the back for me!

Tonight was my girls night out. I have 2 friends that I use to work with over 4 years ago and we still get together for dinner every other month. None of us even work where we met anymore! I thoroughly enjoy our dinner's...it's so nice to catch up! We decided to eat at Boston Pizza tonight. I order an individual sized vegetarian. It was SO good!



Not one raised to leave food on my plate, I fulfilled my duty and gobbled up the whole pizza. Let's keep in mind that the whole pizza was probably the equivalent of 2 regular slices. I drank my whole big glass of water and skipped dessert...yeah me! That is definitely a break through
because they had some yummy looking chocolate choices! I did nibble on a cup of dry Kashi Honey Sunshine cereal before I left so I wouldn't be starving when I got there. Judging by my "no dessert" willpower, I think that little snack worked.

When dinner was over I stopped by Wal Mart to pick up 2 birthday presents for the parties my son is attending this weekend. Between the 2 kids, this will be the 5th party this month. YIKES! I hate to say no to these things, though!

After this is posted I will be preparing lunches and back packs for the morning and settling in to watch "The Workout".

Bye for now!

6 comments:

  1. Hooray for a great night's sleep, delicious muffins and pancakes, and for a girls' night!!

    Enjoy your evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, yummy! I love blueberries, too.

    I'll pat you on the back - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - that is a killer post... I am so hungry right now. I will be a regular here for sure with posts like that. Great work. Keep it up. I had to stumble that post :) More people need to see it.

    Thanks
    Zesty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Zesty Cook! I appreciate the praise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The muffins and pancake look delicious! I will have to try this. Love Hungry Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job for listening to your body!

    That pizza loks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!