Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Holy Smoke!!

Literally!! This is what I woke up to this morning....



I took this picture from my deck. At first I thought it was just a smoke stack (I was half asleep!) until my husband called to tell me that one of the main roads was closed due to a fire. Luckily it was an abandoned building so there were no injuries. My son had an early morning doctor’s appointment and the sight of all the smoke got him out of bed pretty quick! That was good for me because he’s usually pretty hard to wake up. That boy likes his sleep!

I made my breakfast last night in anticipation of my early morning. I ended up taking it to work with me. Today’s bowl was an oldie but a goody!

-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Quaker Oats
-1/2 banana
-2 Tbsp wheat berries
-dash cinnamon



I love bananas in my oats but I haven’t had any ripe enough around the house lately. This bowl tasted wonderful….touch of sweet from the banana, chewy from the wheat berries. MMmm! I’ve read on a lot of blogs lately where people are making their oats savory with the addition of eggs. Not sure how I feel about that, but I do know I’m too chicken to try it! Kudos to all you brave folks out there!

I ate a quick snack last night around 8:30. I've been keeping my promise to myself by making sure that my night time snacks are healthy. I mixed 1/2 cup plain fat free yogurt with a squirt of agave and blueberries.



I was starving by 10:30 this morning! It was probably because I was up earlier than normal. I tried sucking on a mint, but that didn’t work so I ate my blueberry Vita Muffin...so fast I forgot to get a photo! Then I drank a cup of green tea. My hunger was satisfied after that. Thank God! I don’t like having “hungry” days because I find it really hard to control my snacking.

My lunch run was a good one again today! I think it may have something to do with the cooler temperature outside. I’ve been opening the window right by my treadmill and a nice, cool breeze blows over me as I run. I haven’t been feeling the higher body temp or sweat until I get off. The gym at work should be re-opening in a month. I’ll be able to spend a little more time on the treadmill and will start lifting some weights again, too.

My lunch was the rest of the chicken from last night. It was even better today! The flavors really blended well overnight. I paired it up with 2 pieces of (un-photographed) Weight Watchers whole wheat bread to sop up the juices.



Phew! I had a busy afternoon at work. I did so much keypunching that I think I’m gonna have claw hands tonight. “Claw Hands” is the term I use when I wake up in the middle of the night with cramps in my hands. I find this usually happens when I’ve done a lot of keying at work. Does anybody else out there get this?

I ate the last of the berries that were in the fridge for a snack around 4pm.



I'm not much of an apple/orange/pear girl so it will definitely be sad to see the end of fresh berries! :(

Supper tonight was a sauteed onion turkey sausage on an English muffin with a side of grilled zucchini.



The sausages are more like a smoked sausage so they are plump and juicy. I've never had one dry out on me. Next time I go to Costco I'll have to see if I can find them so I can let you all know the brand.

For dessert I had a 1/2 cup of fat free plain yogurt with a drizzle of Agave, a tablespoon on homemade (not by me) strawberry rhubarb jam and a tablespoon of wheat berries for chew.



After dinner I jumped on the treadmill for an hour walk while my daughter and I watched videos. It's a fast hour when there's good tunes playing! Then there was laundry to fold. Now I'm off to watch some tube before I hit the sack!

Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. Though there is smoke, you have a lovely view from your deck!

    That yogurt looks lovely, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Krista, I just found your blog today - it looks great! Your dinner looks delicious. Those sausages look so yummy, as do the grilled zucchini! Your dessert looks wonderful, too. I must try wheatberries one day!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!