Saturday, September 20, 2008

Day Filled With Fun

I was up early this morning to take my son to his hockey orientation for 8am. That went well. They have fun activities for the boys to do while the parents attend an information session. There will be 8 teams total and they play Saturday & Sunday's anywhere between the hours of 6:30am and 4pm. YIKES! Looks like my weekend schedule will be all over the place from now until March. Oh, well....he loves to play so I can roll with it!
I knew I needed a long lasting breakfast so I made a bowl with...

-1 cup water
-1/4 cup Quaker oats
-1/4 cup Oat bran
-1/4 cup vanilla hemp milk (the last bit I had!)
-1 Tsp of almond butter



I really shouldn't have finished the whole bowl because I was very full when it was done! Is was so good, though!

My daughter spent the night at my parents place and we had an hour to kill between hockey and picking her up so we went to Williams Pub for some treats. I ordered at Chai Latte with skim. It was wonderfully spice with lots of cinnamon in it. I'll go as far as to say that it was better than a Starbuck's latte!



I've never been to Williams before so when I was there today I felt like I have been missing out! That place has great food stuff!

After we grabbed the girly, we took her to her first of three cross country meets. She ran really well coming in 13th out of about 25 girls her age! She made a big improvement over last year when she came in near the end. No matter...she's moving and having fun!



That's her on the right running on by me! Go, Girl!

For lunch I made a "burrito". Here's what I did...

Three Bean Turkey Burrito with Smoked Gouda & Sundried Tomato

-sundried tomato Flatout wrap
-2 Tbsp 3 bean dip with jalpeno
-handful of shredded carrot
-about an ounce of turkey breast
-1 ounce of smoked gouda with sundried tomato



Once assembled I popped this in the microwave for a minute to heat it through and melt the cheese. This was another awesome combination of flavors! DELISH!



This little gem kept my tummy happy for 5 1/2 hours! Well, that and the one chocolate chip cookie that I ate...

After lunch my daughter and I went down to Celebs with some clothes for consignment. I'm hoping that everything will sell! Keep your fingers crossed! Then I took my son for a 45 minute bike ride. At this point I was unsure of what to do. It was beautiful out, but a little windy and I don't like running in the wind, but it was way too nice to stay inside on the treadmill! The bike ride gave me the perfect solution. My little guy loves to ride so we can go for a pretty decent distance. I would say we traveled at least 7km today. His only stipulation was that he didn't want to go on the trail "where he fell". Okey Dokey! Once back from that I sliced up about 10 cups of pears for a batch of stewed pears.



To this I added 2 Tbsp of agave, 1 Tbsp of cinnamon & 1 Tsp of vanilla extract. I popped them in the microwave loosly covered for 10 minutes. They got a good stir when they came out and now I have 8 cups of this...



We enjoy this over vanilla ice cream, stirred into yogurt, sprinkled with granola or just straight up. Sometimes I add raisins to the mix, as well.

The last trip of the day was to the mall to buy a few items. We stopped in LUSH to smell all the different soaps they have. Some smell good enough to eat!

Speaking of eating, I found these Buffalo style chicken sausages at Wegman's yesterday.



I had just read about a similar product in my Rachael Ray magazine! This brand was called Al Fresco. These sausages were fantastic! They had just enough heat that I wouldn't give them to the kids, but I certainly wasn't running for a drink. They were very tender for sausages...more like a hot dog consistency. When I make my next trip to Wegman's, I will be on the lookout for other flavors to try. I also made steamed cauliflower and a small spinach salad with cucumber and poppyseed dressing.



All in all it was a delicious meal. I finished it off with a Kraft peanut butter live active bar.



It was good but the blueberry almond is still my fave.

Mom and Dad just left and when I'm done here I'm going to watch some tube with my hubby! I have one more picture to leave you with. I bought a really cool pan yesterday at Target. One of those breast cancer fundraiser jobbies, so it's pink! My hubby thinks it's the weirdest thing but I love it!



I've never had a pink pan before!!

Bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun, enjoyable Saturday you've had!!


    Mmm, the stewed pears look delicious.

    Haha, love the pink pan! SO cute :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Chai Latte looks so foamy. Just the way I like it.

    I saw you mixed oat bran and oats. I love doing that because it gives the cereal more texture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chai latte looks so yummy!

    Hooray for the pink pan! I have a pink blender :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo those sausages are so good! i used them in many different recipes.

    that's awesome your daughter is a runner! way to instill healthy activities early! hopefully they will stick!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!