Monday, September 15, 2008

Frost?!

I was surprised at how awake I felt this morning after my late night! Not to say I couldn't have slept longer, but I was feeling pretty good! I made breakfast after I dropped my daughter off at cross country practice. I whipped up the oats in the microwave to save some time and they turned out great! I use to make them this way all the time, but I do like the longer cooking method in the pot better. Here’s my bowl…

- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Flax Seed Porridge
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Date & Nut spread
- 2 Tbsp wheat berries



The spread was spectacular mixed in with the oats. I was afraid the flavor would get lost, but the sweetness blended right in so I could taste it in every bite. I’ll have to go back to the orchard for another jar!

It’s pay week around here so the morning just flew right on by. Mind you, I usually find that Monday’s go pretty quick. It felt really good to get back on my treadmill at lunch. I haven’t been on it since last Thursday! Eeek! Because I’m still not 100%, I kept the speed a smidge slower than usual, but I did the whole 30 minute run. Yeah for me! :)

I packed a President’s Choice oat bagel with cream cheese and cinnamon sprinkles for lunch. Mmm, mmm, good! I also ate a humongous Ginger gold apple. Oh my, how I love those babies!



I tried these pita chips by Stacy’s that were given to me by the kind vending machine guy. The flavor was Parmesan Garlic & Herb.



I’ve never had these before and was pleasantly surprised! They were extremely crunchy. I think they would be divine paired up with a thick soup or stew. And only 190 calories for the bag! I ate half the baggie around 2:30pm...more or less just because I was curious to try them! I also snacked on the last of the melon that was in the fridge.





Tonight is my daughter’s dance night so dinner is quick and easy seeing as it’s only my husband and I (the kids go to Mom’s after school and eat dinner there). We usually just fend for ourselves. I had a sauteed onion turkey sausage with a side of mashed butternut squash that I flavored with a bit of butter, a tablespoon of sugar free maple syrup and lots of cinnamon and some sauteed zucchini with steak spice and salt & pepper.



Such a good dinner for a quickie! For dessert, I had a blueberry Vita Muffin. Thanks to Christie's camera tips, I finally took a clear shot of my treat!



Christie over at sportsnutritionliving was inquiring about the nutritional stats on the Pumpkin Spice coffee mix I used in my oats yesterday, so I took a look at the tin....not so good! I'm sad to say that sugar was #1 on the list, followed by a bunch of words I can not even pronounce. Good thing I don't use this stuff everyday! For those of you who missed the picture (and for those of your who tried to make it out through the blurriness!), here you go...



Here's a link to the website in case anyone is interested...General Foods International

After supper we made another trip to Costco so my hubby could return an item he bought there on the weekend. I took advantage of the trip and bought myself a large (737g) jar of MaraNatha Almond Butter. I've never had it before (I'm not a huge fan of peanut butter), but I see it used all over blog land so I took a chance. I plan on having a bit on an English muffin for a snack and tomorrow I plan to incorporate it into my breakfast. As for now, I'm going to go enjoy this cup of java...



while I watch a bit of TV. And I plan on an early nana time for sure! Oh yeah....they're calling for a low of 3 degrees Celsius tonight AND there's a very good chance of frost. Pray I don't have to scrape the windows in the morning!

Bye for now!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!