Friday, September 12, 2008

Shoulda Paid Attention!

In retrospect, I think my body was trying to tell me something yesterday with it's reluctance to do my run. I woke up half way through the night with a sore throat and stuffed up nose....ugh. Just in time for the weekend, too.

I'm going to warn you all right now.....my breakfast today looked....gross! I was drinking my green tea latte the other night and thought that the flavors would be just as good in my oats. So I made Green Tea Latte Oats! I did not anticipate the icky color it would turn out to be. This is my creation!

-3/4 cup water
-1/4 cup unsweetened Almond Breeze
-1 tsp each matcha powder & sugar free French vanilla coffee mate powder
-1/2 cup Old Wessex 5-Grain cereal
-2 Tbsp wheat berries
-cinnamon sprinkles



I know how it looks, but trust me.....it was super delicious!! :)

I made some bars last night after I posted. It was a blueberry bar recipe that I got from here. I made one major change.....they turned into peach bars! I had about 5 very sad looking peaches that were just begging to be turned into something before they had to be thrown out! The only other change I made was a 1/4 cup of water in the filling instead of juice as I had none. Other than that, I followed the recipe.

Fresh out of the oven:



On my plate ready to be devoured:



I have a confession to make now. I ate 2 more pieces after this. The texture of the oat "crust" was ridiculous and the peach filling was out of this world! My husband ate 3 pieces, too...although his were topped with a huge pillow of Cool whip! The recipe is a winner. I think my next version will be with pears!

I wasn't feeling any better at lunch so I didn't even bother having an argument with myself about the treadmill. Instead, I went to the grocery store and picked up some much needed bread and cheese. Then I went home and chilled with a magazine for a bit. I decided that it was a soup day for me. I opened a can of Progresso (another item I pick up in the States!) This one has 0 Weight Watcher points for 1 serving. The can ha 2 servings in it and I ate the whole thing. Still only 1 point!





It was okay as far as canned soups go. I don't think my taste buds are working properly today.

**SHED UPDATE!**

My husbands pride and joy is nearing completion! The shed just needs a few finishing touches. I'm trying to talk him into a flower box. Don't you think that would be cute? I'm envisioning some beautiful impatiens and ivy.....



The afternoon whittled itself away quick enough for a Friday, I suppose. I kept the chocolate monster at bay again with another cup of hot chocolate. I'd say the cup holds about 6oz. Just enough to get me my chocolate. I know myself well to know that if I open a chocolate bar, my good intentions to not finish the whole thing will be out the window with the first bite. I will buy one....just not yet! I figure if I wait until the campaign is almost over the chocolate supply will be almost gone so I won't be able to go back for more. How's that for tricking myself??

Dinner tonight was one of my go to foods when I'm not feeling 100%...eggs over easy on an English muffin sprinkled with some grated marble cheese. I also have them poached sometimes. I made a small side salad to accompany it and put some salsa on the side for dipping purposes.



I finished dinner off with 2 peach bars....



After dinner we went birthday present shopping. Both my kids have parties at some point tomorrow. I swear, they have a more active social life than me! We also went to a hockey game tonight. That's always a load of fun. Our team lost, though. :( But it was only a pre-season game so it doesn't count! :) I had a French vanilla cappuccino at the game to warm me up. I forgot over the summer how chilly those rinks can be!

As I'm typing I'm snacking on a bowl of fat free plain yogurt topped with strawberry rhubarb jam and wheat berries.



Cool bowl, eh? I just picked it up at Wal Mart this evening. I bought a cool plate, too! In about 5 minutes I'm going to take this stuffy head of mine and hit the sack...I'm beat!

Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you aren't feeling well, get well soon!

    The peach bars sound really good! And yes, a flower box would be very cute!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!