Friday, September 19, 2008

Shopping, Panera, More Shopping!

Hello all! It's late so I have to make this post quick, yet informative! Here I go!

Snack last night...



Was a delicious blend of 1/2 a cup of fat free plain yogurt, a tablespoon of wheat berries and a good size tablespoon of date and nut spread. So good!

I got up early this morning and decided on a smaller portion of oats because prior experience reminded me that I get hungry sooner while traveling! In the microwave a heated 2/3 cup water, 1/3 cup Flax Seed Porridge and lots of cinnamon. I finished it off with a drizzle of agave. A little bland compared to what I'm used to, but still good.



Mom and I were on the road by 7:45am. Thankfully the drive was mostly uneventful. We only hit traffic once and it wasn't too bad at that. Around 9:30 I split my Pecan Pie Lara bar with Mom. Very, very good! We both really enjoyed it. I like the texture of these bars. Sorry, no picture! Mom opened it and tore the wrapper to shreds :). In 2 hours we were at Boulevard Mall and ready to shop! I got some cute red flats, some (fake) Ugg's, a few shirts and a couple of Christmas presents. Nothing like starting early!! We hit Panera for lunch. I love this place and found out today that they're opening a few stores in the Toronto area which is an hour closer to me than Buffalo! HOORAY! My plan was to order a half a tomato/mozzarella panini and half an order of harvest orchard salad. Wouldn't you know that they didn't have the panini today! :( I stuck with the salad and order a half a Mediterranean vegetable sandwich. I was not disappointed! The salad was wonderful and the sandwich was a little spicy which was a pleasant surprise!



After Panera, we hit Target. I found everything on my list that I wanted there including these...




Christie had these on her blog the other day and I decided then and there that I had to have them! I'm sure I ate at least 10 throughout the day! I saw candy corn ones as well, but I'm not a big fan of that flavor so I didn't get any.

After Target we drove over to Wegman's where I found my favorite foods that I can't get here in Canada. Well, that I know of, anyways.




Do you see all that Fage?? O.M.G, I am in heaven! I also found the 2 Kashi cereal's that I was looking for, the new Campbell's select harvest soups, unsweetened chocolate almond Breeze, a Kashi frozen meal and Kashi bars, Weight Watcher's cream cheese pods & yogurt, fire roasted tomato's, smoked Gouda with sun dried tomato's, Flatout wraps, trail mix, pro biotic granola bars in peanut butter, Old Wessex 5-Grain cereal, some delicious looking pumpkin butter, 100 calories English muffins and a cashew cookie Lara Bar. I think I'm set for a while!

On the way to the outlet malls I ate my apple for a snack.



I did a bit more Christmas shopping and window shopping (I was pretty low on funds at this point!) before we decided to call it a day. We were on the go shopping from 10am to 6:45pm! Phew! I needed something for supper that I could eat while driving and choose Subway. I got the 6" ham & turkey this time because I really hadn't had any protein up to that point. I also got some pepper jack cheese.



I was sad to see the end of this sandwich. It was very good! For dessert , I ate my cinnamon roll Lara Bar.



De-li-cious! This bar was soamazing! It tasted like an actual cinnamon roll!

We rolled into the driveway at 8:45pm and was I ever glad to be home! We had a fantastic day, but I'm beat! While typing this post, I munched on a Honey Almond Flax Kashi bar.



Didn't really need it and wasn't very hungry, but I wanted to taste it! I need to hit the sack before I eat something else! AND my son's hockey orientation starts at 8am so that means an early morning for me!

Bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun filled day! I love the cinnamon roll larabars too.

    Panera rocks!

    I posted an ideas for pumpkin spice fudge on my blog the other day! I love them, but they are addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great day!!

    Did you see the recipe on Megan's Munchies to make fudge out of those kisses! O.M.G.

    I loaded up on Fage yesterday too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LARABARS!!!!!!! I eat them everyday, and looove them :0)

    Good luck with the orientation!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!