Saturday, September 13, 2008

Short & Sweet

Today was one of those days that just kind of plodded along. When I got up my head felt like it weighed about 500lbs! Don't you just hate colds? Seeing as my taste buds aren't in working order, I didn't flavor my oats up too much today.

-1 cup water
-1/2 cup flax seed porridge
-2 Tbsp wheat berries
-drizzle of agave



The variety of textures in this bowl more than made up for the fact that I really didn't taste much.

I spent the morning doing chores around the house. The place needed a real good scrub down. My son had a birthday party from 11-1:30 so that took care of one kid for awhile! By the time 1pm rolled around I still wasn't very hungry but I knew I had t eat something or I'd be nibbling all afternoon. I settled on a bagel with PB&J and a small bowl of melon.



I did actually taste some of this and it was good! My husband took my daughter to her birthday party. That one was from 1-3pm. Told you they had a good social life! I managed to get some "quiet time" for an hour before my brother stopped by with his two little munchkins for a visit. I love when my niece and nephew come over! Here's the four of them watching cartoons...



My two are on the left. Don't they make a precious picture? If only they stayed still like that longer than 2 minutes!

We ended up ordering Swiss Chalet for dinner. My nephew calls it the "chicken store". How cute! My order was a quarter chicken white with veggies and a multi grain roll.



Tasty, tasty! I also ate a few of my daughter's French fries and two mini pecan tarts for dessert which I neglected to photograph.

I know there's not much to this post today and I apologize for the blandness of it. I'm sure that I'll be up and at it with bells on tomorrow! I just really needed the day to chill out which unfortunately makes for a boring review! I'm off to drink a nice hot tea and watch a movie with my husband.

Bye for now!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!