Saturday, September 27, 2008

Whirlwind Saturday

I had planned to go to the market today but I woke up to a very dreary morning so plans changed pretty quick. Instead, I stayed home and got caught up on some housework. I wanted to keep breakfast a little lighter because I had plans to take my daughter out for lunch so I made a bowl of oats without many toppings.

-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Quaker oats
-1/3 cup blueberries
-cinnamon
-a splash of unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze



From 10:30am until 3:30pm I was on the go. My son had a birthday party from 11-1 so off I went to drop him off. Once he was settled, my daughter and I stopped at the store for a few things and them we went over to William's Pub for lunch. She ordered the bagel with egg, bacon & cheddar....check this sucker out!



My daughter has a very healthy appetite and didn't blink an eye to finish this. As a general rule, she can eat more in one sitting than me. I just hope that I've instilled enough good habits in her so that when I loose control of what she eats, she can make good choices most of the time. This lunch is certainly not typical of what she would normally dine on. I ordered a chipolte turkey panini that came with provolone, bacon & tomato...



Delish! I also had a wonderful chai tea latte with skim. I still say Williams makes the absolute BEST chai tea latte's ever.



After this very filling lunch we drove over to the Humane Society to drop off some cat food. While there we checked out the cat & dog viewing rooms. My goodness, there are some real cutie pies there! I would love another cat, but my husband refuses. He says I have to wait until one of my beautiful felines "kicks the bucket" (his words, not mine!) so I guess that's that. I have been working on him for a dog in the spring, though. I would love a jogging partner and the kids are old enough to do walks around the block. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! So from here, it was back to get my son and promptly take him to birthday party #2. I know...he's a very busy 6 year old! Got him settled once again and then over to Wal Mart we went to exchange a bathing suit I bought my daughter that was too small. It was bedlam in there because they are having an anniversary sale (which I did not know) and the parking lot was a mess! I can't believe how aggressive some people can be for a parking spot. Holy Cow! Anyways, our mission was accomplished rather swift and our last trip was to get the boy...and then home!

When we arrived my brother was over with his kids for a visit. Oh, how I love when my niece & nephew are here! They're such a pleasure and the kids all play together very well. I usually see them every other weekend when my brother has them for their overnight visit (they live 2 hours away).

I finally got supper started around 6pm. I tried a recipe that I saw on the last Biggest Loser episode. It's called Curried Turkey & Cauliflower Stew. The only substitution I made was broccoli for the cauliflower because that's what I had. Other than that, I followed the recipe word for word.



This turned out very, very good! I served mine with an English muffin for sopping up all the tasty sauce. As I was eating this, I was thinking that it would be great with some beans and corn added in. So I think I'll try that another time. I was too full for dessert, but if the munchies hit later on, I plan on enjoying a blueberry muffin.

I forgot to mention that we were up at 6am because my son was on the ice at 7am. I didn't go today, but it was still an early morning for all of us so I plan to spend the rest of the evening vegging out on the couch and watching TV or a movie. I'm beat, but everything has been done so tomorrow is housework/errand free! Phew!

Bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. What a day you had! That egg sandwich is QUITE large. The chai tea looks so warm and yummy! Great stew you made. Hope the rest of your evening is relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I wonder how they get the eggs to do that on that bagel, they looks so fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats great that your daughter loves to eat healthy... it must be because she has an inspiring mommy!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!