Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Next Hockey Star!

I usually take the opportunity on Sundays to lounge around in bed for as long as I dare but for some reason this morning I was wide awake at 7am. Rather than putter around I decided to make the family this waffle recipe. If you remember from a previous post, I don't have a waffle iron, but this sandwich maker thingy I have does the trick. My daughter asked if I could add peanut butter chips to the batter so Peanut Butter Waffles they were.



I actually wasn't feeling like waffles at all so there are leftovers for the kid's breakfast this week. They can just be popped into the toaster to re-heat. I made myself a yummy bowl of oats like usual.

-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Flax Seed Porridge
-1/2 a banana, mashed
-1 Tsp almond butter
-lots of cinnamon



I didn't realize how much I missed the banana flavor in my oats until I took my first bite this morning! What an amazing natural sweetener that adds bulk to the meal at the same time!

I snacked on a bowl of stewed pears topped with a scoop of vanilla yogurt for a snack last night. The pears turned out great!



My son was on the ice at 10:30 this morning so I made sure to dress warmly because I knew the rink would be cold. I grabbed a big bottle of water to sip on but once I was there I wished I had made a big hot tea! BRR!! Here's a shot of the next great hockey star!



By the time we got home it was lunch. What a fast morning! There seemed to be hundreds of leftover containers in the fridge so we decided to eat as much of them as possible. I had the other half of my tilapia/vegetable ragu dinner with some steamed cauliflower from last night. There was also an open container of Weight Watchers vanilla yogurt so I ate that up with a tablespoon of wheat berries. Not shown is a piece of Weight Watchers whole wheat bread with a tablespoon of date & nut spread. This all made for a very satisfying meal!



My daughter had a play date from 1-3 and since we missed our trip to the farm this morning we headed on out there after we dropped her off. All the leaves out there are turning such beautiful colors! I'm torn between the beauty of it and the knowledge that summer has passed us by yet again. Before we picked the girly up we stopped at our favorite country market, Knapp's, for a pie. This week we chose a pumpkin pie. It was still warm when we bought it!



The pie's getting some down time in the sun!

Once she was safely belted in, we drove over to Sam's Club to more or less wander around. Here are the few items I picked up...



Sweet potato fries, broccoli, turkey cutlets and wild blueberries. I'm so excited to have blueberries again! They will definitely be making an appearance in my breakfast this week!

Supper tonight was steak, broccoli and roasted sweet potato fries...



I spiced up the sweet potato fries with some olive oil from my mister, salt & pepper, steak spice and cumin then popped them in the oven for 25 minutes @ 450 deg.

And for dessert a small piece of pumpkin pie. YUM-O!



The rest of the night will be spent making lunches and watching some TV. There is a good chance that i will snack on another bowl of stewed pears for a snack. :)

Bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. Peanut butter waffles (love the recipes on the Fatfree Vegan Kitchen blog you linked to, by the way) + oatmeal + sweet potato fries + broccoli + pumpkin pie = TOO MUCH DELICIOUSNESS!!! Yum :0)

    Your son is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fun breakfast! That pumpkin pie looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your eats looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!