Monday, January 19, 2009

All Stretched Out

Ooohhhh…my oats were ASTOUNDING today! Sometimes it’s the simple bowls that turn out to taste the most amazing!

-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Old Wessex 5 Grain cereal
-2 Tbsp wheat berries

-cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp SF maple syrup
-1 Tbsp pecan pieces

The taste of this reminded me of the Pecan Maple Danishes I used to eat from Tim Horton’s! Yum, yum, yum!

Back tracking a little, I totally slept in this morning. I had every intention of going to work for 8am seeing as the next 3 days will be busy, but I zonked back out for a half hour after my alarm went off! So, an 8:30 start time it was!

I spent the morning keypunching….let me tell you how fun that was! When I get bored I tend to feel hungry much sooner than usual. Such was the case today. I was ready for some grub by 11am. I’ll call this my pre-run snack!

Yellow bell pepper, carrots & Sabra hummus.

I did end up making a batch of muffins last night. They’re Pineapple Oat Bran and you can find the recipe right here. I love muffin recipes that are healthy, but still make a nice size muffin. I’m certainly not a mini muffin type of girl. Give me volume and I’m a happy camper! Check out the size of this baby!

I was thrilled to hop back on the treadmill today! I haven’t been on it since last Tuesday. I did run into a bit of an issue with shin splints today, though. To the point that my right foot fell asleep! Thankfully that didn’t happen until I was almost done. I realized later than I had put the incline up a wee bit and then forgot about it. I think a mixture of improper stretching and the incline ended up being the culprit. It was a good run regardless! Here’s my stats!

Time: 35:02
Time in Zone: 34:17
Avg HR: 164
Max HR: 184
Calories Burned: 349

I ate my favourite Lean Cuisine Panini for lunch today….

MmmHmm, good! I dipped the crust in some leftover hummus. That was tasty!

Thank goodness Valentine's Day is only once a year because I am 100% addicted to these cinnamon heart candies!

I actually have to portion control them or I'd eat the whole bag in no time! Anyone else have an obsession with these yearly treats?!


Tonight was my very first Pilate's class! YAY! I truly enjoyed the class. The teacher was very nice and explained the "poses" in a way that I understood. This is a beginners class as I've never done Pilate's before and I was reminded of yoga many times throughout the hour. After the class was over she told me that I seemed to "get it" so I told her that I've done yoga and she agreed that the idea is similar. I felt loose and limber after the hour was up and look forward to next week already!!!

From Pilate's, I went to pick DD up from dance class. The I finally got to eat some supper! I should mention that I ate 1/2 of my muffin before class and the other half afterwards. Seeing as everyone had already eaten, I threw together a sandwich made with a toasted Arnold Thin, a Laughing Cow cheese wedge and a 1/4 cup of Egg Beaters.

Then I ate some yogurt with apricot jam and wheat berries.

The things I shoved in my mouth that I didn't take picture's of were a tablespoon of dark chocolate PB and a handful of nuts and dried fruit. Then I thought it would be a very good idea to leave the kitchen! :)

It's already 8pm and I still have a few things to do before I can settle in for the night. The kids just hollered that we're out of milk so a trip to the store may be in my very near future. Grrr!! Anyways, off I go to finish everything up...and hopefully keep food out of my yapper. I'm still feeling snacky! Yikes!!

Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. Faaabulous oats and muffin!!


    **Don't eat any PB Cookie Larabars or Jamfrakas bars - they were recalled!!:

    https://www.larabar.com/secure/recall/LARABAR_JAMFRAKAS_FAQ.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any oatmeal that tastes like a danish must be amazing! Looks great! yayyy for sabra hummus- it is the best! I love those little hearts too! Valentines day candy is the absolute bestest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I know where to send any cinnamon hearts that end up in my possession! I really don't like them - not a cinnamon candy fan. Real cinnamon, yes, but not the candies.

    Love the muffins :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pecans are the greatest thing ever. I can't believe I've never added them to oats before! I must try!

    I like Valentine's hearts but I can only handle a few at a time, those babies have quite the little kick to them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a fabulous pre-run snack!

    Those darn cinnamon hearts - I could eat the entire bag in one sitting! Glad to hear pilates was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  6. delicious oatmeal and fabulous muffin! I want both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh...wheatberries! i tried making them once and burned them all..boo...but i shall triumph next time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Food looks great!

    I've been feeling very snacky lately myself :s

    ReplyDelete
  9. Food looks awesome! Those muffins look like they would be dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, sometimes the simplest recipes are the best.

    That muffin looks fab!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!