Friday, January 30, 2009

Webkin Mania!

I can not believe Friday has come and (almost) gone again! It seems like just yesterday that I was thinking TGIF and here we are again. AND, it’s pretty much the end of January. Holy smokes is all I have to say to that! I slept in a wee bit this morning because my hubby is off today so the pressure to get myself and the kids ready to go wasn’t there. That’s nice for a change. Here’s my breakie;

-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Old Wessex 5 Grain cereal
-1/2 mashed banana
-wheat berries
-blueberries
-cinnamon

If you haven’t noticed, banana and blueberries seem to be my theme for the week where breakfast is concerned! I’m digging this combination.

After I posted last night I did end up making a mug of Camino dark hot chocolate.


I am in love. This stuff rocked my socks off! It reminded me of dark chocolate pudding…..creamy and s-m-o-o-t-h. I can’t believe I’ve gone almost 35 years without ever having this before. It will most definitely be a permanent item in my pantry! Now I really want to try one of the chocolate bars! On second thought, maybe I’d better not….

I ate the other half of my coconut cream pie lara bar before my run again today.

Half seems to be just what I need to power me through my run without feeling hungry. Speaking of my run….it was great! I bumped up the speed a bit today and left the incline at 5%. I plan to try out some of the programmed runs next week to shake things up a bit. Polar F4 stats….

Time: 45:00
Avg HR: 163
Max HR: 178
Calories Burned: 423
Miles: 4.62


I must say, fortunate as I was to live so close to home, I’m happy not to have to go there to run anymore! I feel that much better with the extra 10 minutes of run time that I’ve been getting!

Lunch was a Lean Cuisine Grilled Tuscan Style Chicken Panini…



This was a really good one! Right up there with the spinach and mushroom. I ended up eating the second half open faced to make it last longer! :~) I ate 2 Clementine’s along side the sandwich.

Somebody was selling neat looking chocolate bars as a fund raiser in the staff kitchen today. There was a choice of caramel, milk chocolate, no sugar dark chocolate and European mint. I grabbed a no sugar dark…

Cool packaging, eh? Can’t say that the ingredient list was stellar, but what’s $2.50 for a good cause? I had one strip as an afternoon pick-me-up.

Mmmm….chocolate! My favourite! I called the Geek Squad over at Best Buy today to check up on my camera and they told me that it should be back at the store in the next few days. YAY!! I can’t wait to have my camera back and put Old Bessy back in her case.

The boys had 5pm hair appointments and DD and I had to make a trip to the mall to buy the webkins for the party tomorrow. My hubby and DS decided to eat their dinner afterwards so I whipped up some Amy's California burgers and steamed edamame for DD and me. On my burger we have Sabra peppadew hummus, a Laughing Cow cheese wedge and lettuce....

Check out all these stuffed animals!

I think I'm just gonna let each child stick their hand in the bag and pull one out when it's time to go. I'm hoping that will discourage fighting.

I remembered to bring my tumbler to the mall so before we left I popped into Starbuck's and had them fill it with a vanilla rooibos latte.

This is hands down my new favourite drink to get there. Anyone else enjoy this latte? I've got some party prep to do tonight and them I want to finish reading a magazine that I started at the beginning of the week. Anybody have any exciting plans this weekend?

Bye for now!!

8 comments:

  1. YOU HAD THE LARABAR FLAVOR THAT'S FEATURED IN MY NEWEST RECIPE!!! Love it :-D

    Cute Webkins!!

    Enjoy your night and weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hot chocolate looks FANTASTIC!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg that hot chocolate sounds fabulous!

    cute webkins! i like the parrot the most!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with all the party prep! All of the Webkins are cute, the kids will be thrilled! That cocoa looks amazing. I need to get my hands on that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep hearing amazing things about the new starbucks tea lattes - I've got to try one :)

    Glad you got the webkinz! I think they'll be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi!! i love love love your eats! They all seem like what i love to eat on a typical day. :) Thanks for the great pics and reviews on those products. I'll keep my eyes peeled for that hot chocolate. (I'm a big fan of hot chocolate too!) P.s. i think all varieties Lean Cuisine panini's look strangely similar to one another. I think mine the other day looked JUST like yours...except it was spinach, mushroom and chicken! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am addicted to blueberries in my morning cereal (and sometimes bananas too!). Now I have to go searching for that hot chocolate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That hot chocolate almost looks like pudding too! Must check out those tea lattes one day, when I find myself out and in dire need of a hot drink (which frankly, doesn't happen that often).

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!