Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Feline Friends

Good day everybody!! Hope everyone’s day has gone smoothly so far! I started out my day with another fabulous bowl of oats this morning.


-1/2 cup oat milk
-1/2 cup water
-1/2 cup Quaker oats
-1/2 mashed banana
-2 Tbsp wheat berries
-1 Tbsp pecan pieces

I forgot the cinnamon but this bowl was awesome none the less. It reminded me of banana bread batter. Because I haven’t been using bananas much lately, I forgot how much volume they add to a ½ cup of oats! This was a whole lotta food!

When I started the van up this morning, it immediately started dinging at me and the oil light was on. I don’t have far to go so I drove it anyways and emailed my hubby when I got to work. He told me not to drive it home at lunch and stopped by on his way home from work to check it out. Long story short, he ended up driving it to the mechanic because he thinks the oil pump is fubar. How excited am I to see that repair bill?! UGH....

The morning moved along at a good clip. I’ll spare you all another picture, but I did eat a pineapple oat bran muffin around 11:30. I ended up taking a ½ hour lunch break around 12:30 to hop over to the office gym. They’re in the process of putting everything back together and invited me to put my 2 cents in seeing as I’m there 5 days a week. A company will be coming in on Friday to clean and place all the machines and part of Monday will involve a little elbow grease to clean it up. If luck stays on our side, it will be open for next Wednesday! I can not wait!

Lunch was basically the same as last night’s dinner minus the protein. Bad me, I know. I really need to try much harder at getting more protein in my diet. Too bad I just don’t like smoothies or that would be an easy fix. Anyways, here’s a photo of my asparagus, butternut squash fries and kale…..

Pretty exciting, eh??? I should fess up to eating my fair share of cinnamon hearts throughout the day. Damn, but they are addicting!! :~)

So, I’m looking for some suggestions/advice on hand cream. My hands are so dry that they’re white! UGH! Nothing I’ve tried thus far has worked. Glysomed, Curel, Vaseline hand lotion, Olay Quench….nothing. Anybody out there have a tried and true potion that works??? I’d sure appreciate hearing about it! THANKS! :)

I ate this delicious bowl of fruit salad this afternoon when our payrolls were done running.

Unfortunately, none of it is local, but I don’t know of many fruits that grow in this winter climate!! I’m just grateful for the sweetness of it! The kids each got a fruit salad in their lunch, too. They love the stuff!

Seeing as I've posted a few photos of Pepper, I figured it was time to stop playing favourites and post some pic's of the other 2 felines in my life!

This is Octavius. He's my grumpy almost 13 year old monster.

And Charlie, my 6 year old snuggle bug. I'm sure you can tell how impressed they are with "the baby" by looking at these photos! :) Well, I can't NOT post the little one! He's so cute!!!

Ahhh...Pepper!

I found some turkey sausage in the freezer so that's what we had for dinner. I can only get away with my hubby eating turkey sausage every now and again because he thinks sausage should be pork. So behind the times that poor man is! I also took another whirl at the Israeli couscous. This time I went for a more Mediterranean feel...

-1/2 cup chicken stock
-1/4 cup Israeli couscous
-6 black olives
-a strip of roasted red pepper
-1 Tbsp pecan pieces
-oregano, pepper, hot pepper flakes

*bring stock, olives, peppers and spices to a boil
*add couscous and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
*cover and remove from heat until all liquid is absorbed, about 5 more minutes
*fluff with fork and serve

This was really good! Much tastier than the last time I made it. As I was eating it I realized that it would also be pretty good cold. To round out my plate I had some steamed veggies.

Super satisfying! My sweet end was a weetabix biscuit coated in some dark chocolate PB&C peanut butter.

Need I say more?? :)

Well, I'm off to the pool for an hour of relaxing reading while DD does her swimming lesson. Then I think I'll swing by 7-11 to grab a blueberry latte. I hope they still have that flavour!!

Bye for now!!

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR FURBABIES!!!

    Oh, and I haven't heard the term "fubar" in a LONG time...must put it back into rotation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, your cats are too cute! Love them!
    And I really need to try wheatberries! But I can't seem to find them in the bulk isle, or on the shelves... Hum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek, hang in there with the repair bill!!

    GORGEOUS VEGETABLES AND CATS!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm exhausted, a latte sounds so wonderful! What about adding some chickpeas/beans to your lunch for some added protein?? I am terrible with protein too. Love all the pics of the cats! Sorry about the car :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the kitties :D My old cat at home, Ebony, is 13 this year. Poor ol' kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the felines are beautiful! Oatmeal that tastes like banana bread batter. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the fruits and veggies :)

    Sorry about the car but I just have to say I think it's great that your work has a gym in it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cats are cute. We have 2 black cats, Maestro is 14 and a little cranky and Mini who is almost 4 and a bit of wild woman. You should try Neutrogena Hand Cream. It's the best thing I've found, you can even wash your hands and it doesn't wash off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your sweet babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute kitties!

    I use philosophy hand lotion. I like it because it really gets into the skin and doesn't make it oily, ya know? They have great smells, too!

    http://www.philosophy.com/web/store/cat_bath-handandfoottreatments____26551_23504?cm_re=navigation-_-leftnav-_-bath-bath-handandfoottreatments

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS- Josh actually introduced me to brussels! I hadn't had them before I met him :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!