Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Pictureless Post

***EDITED TO ADD -- It's 11:30pm here and I thought I'd try one last time to get these picture's downloaded. BAM! It worked! I guess blogger worked out the kink. The picture's of my eats are now available for your viewing pleasure! :)***


This will be quite the boring post as blogger is giving me errors when I try to upload my pictures. Not sure what's been going on with the site the past few days, but I hope it gets sorted out soon. If I can get them downloaded later, I'll edit this post to show them.

I woke up this morning to another winter wonderland. The roads were crappy, but I can excuse this because everything looked so pretty with a fresh blanket of snow! Work was busy again, but it was to be expected! I’m going to make this another quick post because DD starts swimming lessons tonight at 7pm so my blogging time is limited! :)

Before I get on to my eats for the day, I should let everyone in on a little secret. I haven’t done an official grocery store trip in a month! With extras from the holiday meals around and stocked up food, I’ve been determined to save some money by avoiding a full fledged trip. The only items I’ve purchased have been the essentials…milk, eggs, bread, etc. Needless to say, the cupboards have gotten quite bare….to the point that DS has even noticed! I’ll fix this situation at the end of the week, but until then, please excuse my lackluster meals! OKAY! Here we go!

Breakfast:
I found some fruit!


-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Old Wessex 5-Grain cereal
-cinnamon
-dash of coconut extract
-2 Tbsp liquid egg whites (I needed to finish the carton!)
-a few blackberries and blueberries

Morning Snack:


-TAZO Earl Grey tea
-medjool dates

No run again….. :(

Lunch:


-2 slices Weight Watchers WW bread, almond butter, Cinnamon Plum Tea jam (Stonewall Kitchens)
-3 clementine’s…these guys were hard to peel. Sure sign they’re on their way out. Thankfully, there’s only a few left!

Afternoon Snack:


-0% Fage with agave nectar drizzled on top. This is my last single serve of Fage. Very sad for me as I don’t know when I will be back to the States to buy more….

I left work at 5:30 today which was MUCH earlier than expected. YIPEE! I'll wait until tomorrow to post my dinner seeing as the pictures just won't do their thing. Very disappointing.

Enjoy your evening and if you need to go out in crappy weather (freezing rain and snow) like I do, stay safe!!

Bye for now!!

9 comments:

  1. DARN BLOGGER!!!
    Well, good for you for not mega-shopping! I wish I could get along without a trip to the store, but we always need "just one" thing from the grocery store.

    I just typed "grocery stork" instead of store...that would be nice, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, Blogger - I have so many issues with uploading photos too :-(

    Enjoy your night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo to blogger!!

    Good for you for not going to the grocery store - that's a loooong time :)

    Stay safe in the crazy weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. uh oh! I hope blogger gets fixed! I haven't attempted a post yet! hope the swimming goes well! That is so awesome that you haven't fully grocery shopped in a month! yayy for saving money!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know that about clementines being hard to peel meaning they are almost bad. Is that true for oranges too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to go see Guelph Storm games all the time when I was younger!!! I love hockey :) Have fun atthe fund raiser!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will you give us a heads-up the next time you do go to the States? I'm a guelphite who would love to get my hands on some Fage... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo - pictures! I read your post last night, but was in such a rush that I didn't have time to comment then. Now there are pictures, which makes everything better.

    And good to know I'm not the only one with a serious citrus fruit pith issue. Stupid pith.

    Hope you don't have the same blogger issues tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. M...I will definitely give a heads up next time I travel across the border!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!