Sunday, January 18, 2009

What Happened to the Weekend?!

Mother Nature dumped another ton of snow on us over the past 24 hours! I swear, it never ends. Because of this, we left extra early for the Monster Truck show last night. Although it was slow going, there was never a point which we were at a complete stop so it took us about 45 minutes longer than usual, but we made it with plenty of time to spare. We had a GREAT time watching the trucks and demolition derby! There was a good smash....

We forgot to take ear plugs for DS so my hubby bought him these stylish ear muffs. They're monster truck tires!

I tried them on and they filtered the noise pretty darn good. DS has had ear problems in the past, so protection is a must for him. The rest of us were OK with the noise.

As I expected, we hit up Subway for dinner to go. I has a 6"turkey & swiss on honey oat bread with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, black olives and sweet onion sauce.

Bad photo, I know. I took as it we were driving down the highway. I also found this uber delicious healthy brownie that Subway now carries...
So.Good! They posted the stats which were as follows; 145 calories, 3.3g fat & 2g fibre. AND, it was a decent size! Totally took care of the chocolate craving I've had for the past few days! Again, I took the photo en route. Of course, there was a few handfuls of popcorn at the show...

And I ate this chocolate chip Clif bar on the way home (this woulda been midnight, so I was feeling snacky!)

I must admit, I think I like the Clif bars better than Lara bars. I felt like I was eating a really naughty chocolate chip cookie. Mmmm!!

I fell asleep around 1am and woke up feeling pretty good at 8:30. I had a plan to try something new in my oats so I hopped out of bed and went straight to the kitchen! As well as my free vanilla rooibos latte from 'buck's on Friday night. I also tried a free tall tazo tea fruit infusion in berry.

I don't like fruity drinks but DS does so I thought he may like it. WRONG! I stuck it in the fridge and while driving to T.O. I thought to use it as part of the liquid in my oats.

-1/2 cup Tazo tea berry
-1/2 cup water
-1/2 cup Quaker oats
-2 Tbsp wheat berries
-sprinkle of granola

I might not have liked the beverage, but it sure did taste yummy in my oats! I'm so glad that I tried it!

After my Hubby finished snow blowing the driveway, we went to the farm for our weekly visit. All the horses were up near the barn and I managed to get a good shot of her stallion, Prince;

Lunch was more leftovers today. I still had the last of the canned veggie soup from during the week so I warmed that up and served it with the rest of the pizza from Friday night.

My eyes must've been bigger than my stomach because I left a good 1/4 of the soup and DD ate a slice of the pizza.

Guess who was being a little pest while I was trying to do some blog reading this afternoon?

Pepper is most definitely feeling better today than he was yesterday! He likes to chase the cursor around the screen.

After lunch we hiked up to the mall. DD had a few books she wanted to buy with Christmas money and I needed batteries for my digital scale that I received at Christmas. I also used one of my Starbuck's gift certificate's to get this huge travel mug!

I had them fill it (at no cost) with a non fat chai tea latte. The tea ended up being a venti! WOW! The arena is just around the corner so we went right to DS's hockey game when we were done. That's were the mug picture was taken.

Dinner was born out of need tonight. I had 3 yellow peppers in the fridge that absolutely had to be used up as they were getting all wrinkly. I decided to incorporate them into a quick stir fry. I cooked them up with some grilled chicken breast and the rest of the roasted fennel from the other night. When it was all hot, I added a few tablespoons of roasted red pepper dressing and cooked it all until it was bubbling and hot.

Another bad photo, I know, but the plate looked pretty dull anyways. Too bad the peppers weren't red or green. Oh, well...the taste was there!!

On the agenda for tonight is some muffin making and getting at some work that I brought home with me. Fun stuff, but it has to get done because I can't stay late tomorrow! It's my first Pilate's lesson!! I'd better get a move on as the clock is ticking away! I didn't have much time for blog reading today, but I will catch up with everyone tomorrow!!

Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous time you had!!

    Cute stallion and Pepper :-)

    Have fun baking muffins!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a pretty good weekend!

    Those earphones are so cute!

    Hope you have a great Monday : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ear muffs! So cute!

    Thanks for sharing the pics of the adorable animals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pepper's so cute :) i don't know where the weekend went, either :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that piece of brownies and your bowl of oatmeal! both look amazing!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, my kitty used to do the same thing when she was a kitten. Too cute! Actually, so is the horse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you had fun at monster trucks. Those are the cutest ear muffs! That brownie from subway looks amazing! Its been forever since we've been there, I must got back! I love their veggie subs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you guys had a good time! Brownies from subway?! Looks great!

    I'm more of a Clif fan than Lara too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. DS's earmuffs are fantastic. That brownie seems like such a score at Subway! I think CLif bars are much better than Lara bars, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Earmuffs, Brownies, Prince and Pepper, Oh My!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!