Sunday, January 11, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Hello, everyone!

Before I forget...a few of you have been asking where I get the cheesecakes cups I've been eating. I buy them at Metro here in Canada. I know they're a hard item to find, but here's the link to the website if you want to check it out.

I was hardly home at all today! We left the house at 9, made a quick stop back around 2 and then took off again until 6! Yowers! I almost wasn't feeling the oats today but I wasn't feeling anything else enough to stray from my old stand by so oats it was!

-1/2 unsweetened chocolate almond breeze
-1/2 cup water
-1/2 cup Quaker oats
-1 Tbsp dried fruit

After I ate and showered, we drove out to the farm for a quick visit. My MIL had a small Biggest Loser cookbook in which I found a simple black bean soup recipe. Keep an eye out for that sometime this week. While there, I ate a few clementine's while everybody had cheesecake for my hubby's birthday. I wasn't being a party pooper or anything, I was just still content from my oats.

From there, we went straight to DS's hockey game. That was 12:30-1:30. A girl that I know was there so we chatted it up the whole time. I love catching up with people! DD informed us that we were "gossiping". HEHE! She'll get it soon enough! Just before the game was over my belly started to rumble so I pulled out my handy Cinnamon Roll Lara bar....

I ate the apple on the drive home. This is still my favourite flavour of Lara bars.

We got to the house by 1:45, had quick washroom breaks, my stinky boy freshened up and changed, I switched a load of laundry, ate a handful of beer nuts (don't ask) and we were off to a Storm game for 3pm. It was a televised game so it lasted a good half hour longer than usual due to commercial breaks and such. Unfortunately, we got clobbered 6-1. Blah! I think the boys will have some tough practices coming their way this week!

Once home (at 6pm), I reheated some lasagna for everyone, but not me. You don't need to hit me over the head with a brick twice! I was still feeling last night's meal well after midnight! I opted for some steamed asparagus, a small sweet potato, steamed as well and a piece of grilled cod.

I also gnawed away at a small piece of homemade bread while cooking, but it was camera shy! This meal was MUCH lighter than yesterday's and suited my tummy just fine. I didn't have an issue with scarfing back a slice of cheesecake, though!

This cheesecake is pretty light so it doesn't take much to get it down! There's actually no cream cheese in it. I can't post the recipe because it's from my Looneyspoons cookbook, but I will say that it has 2 cups light sour cream and 1 cup 1% cottage cheese. Those are the 2 main ingredients.

I read a great article in Prevention magazine about knowing when the food in your fridge and freezer is past it's prime. Check out this link for the scoop! There's some really good information there on whether to "eat it or toss it".

I'm off to organize for the morning and then I plan to chill out with a nice cup of Stash ginger peach tea. Mmmmmm.....

Bye for now!!

8 comments:

  1. Larabar!! Cheesecake!!

    Love Prevention magazine :-)

    Good luck organizing and enjoy your night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried that flavor larabar but want to! Maybe I will pick one up next week at WFs! What a busy day you had! The cheesecake looks so good! Enjoy your tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my!
    the cheesecake looks delicious!!!
    i'm "new" blogger and i hope we could become friends in this wonderful blogging world!

    btw i LOVE cinnnamon roll larabar. although it can't beat apple pie;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a crazy busy day! YUM...love the cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting on the cheesecake! Cinnamon roll larabar is one of my favorites as well (Apple Pie is numbero uno though)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...I *should* check out that link, but then it would probably tell me to toss a bunch of stuff! I figure if it still tastes okay and doesn't smell/look weird, I'm gonna eat it. So far this has done me well! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting cheese cake. I've made one with some cream cheese and some Greek Yogurt, but never with cottage cheese. Although, we do make one with ricotta cheese in my family, but there is nothing healthy in that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. really miss almond breeze oatmeal!!!!
    And that cheesecake again!!! so tempting!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!