Monday, January 12, 2009

A Neat Quiz

Hello everybody! How did Monday treat everyone??

I’ve noticed some new reader comments the last few posts and wanted to welcome all my new “guests”!! I really enjoy hearing what everyone has to say and sourcing out new and exciting blogs to read!

As usual for Monday, getting out of bed was a chore! I always feel so much better once I’ve had my morning shower. I made the most scrumptious bowl of oats this morning! They helped wake me up, too!

-1/2 cup oat milk
-1/2 cup water
-1/2 cup Quaker oats
-cinnamon
-3 huge frozen strawberries, thawed and chopped up
-1 Tbsp crushed up pecan pieces

This was seriously like dessert. OMG! I was sad to see the end of it. This is the brand of oat milk that I used.

I found it at Wegman’s on my last State side trip. I only bought one carton because I wasn’t sure if I would like it or not. I regret that now! Maybe I’ll get lucky and find some around here.

Had a good lunch run today even though my calves are sore from my Friday night Wii adventure!

Time: 32:16
Time in Zone:31:06
AVG HR:161
MAX HR: 225 (yeah, right!)
Calories:283


Not sure about the spike in my heart rate, but I can assure you that it didn’t get that high! It beeped there for a second and then went back to about 171. Weird stuff! I’m excited to get back to my Wii Wednesday’s now that my schedule is back on track. I’ve missed doing it!

Lunch was a hodge podge of stuff. I started with a few blueberries before I went home to run…

When I came back, I ate the last bit of my Mango Shrimp Salad from Friday. I guess it was about a ½ cup. Still tasted really good! It left me wanting much more than what I had!

After a bit of a busy spell at work, I ate about a ½ cup of 1% cottage cheese with a tbsp of apricot preserves. I love jam in my cottage cheese! You can buy them with the fruit on the bottom already, but it’s more cost effective to buy the plain cottage cheese and mix your own favourites into it.

Yesterday I posted a link for whether to keep or toss foods from your fridge and freezer. Another article I found worthy of mentioning in the January 2009 issue of Prevention Magazine was called “healthy cabinets”. It has loads of info on what to keep and what to toss in cabinets such as the medicine cabinet (where, it turns out, you should NOT keep medication) to items in your garage cabinets. Check it out here. There's a cool "what do you know" type quiz to see what you would keep or throw away. Some things are common sense, like a dish sponge. Others threw me. Send me a comment to let me know what you think of the article!!

So, I pulled a real stunner today which means I can't download my dinner pictures. Seeing as I'm using old Bessy until my camera is back from repair, I also have to use this ancient USB "thingy" to transfer the photo's. During the week I always get my post started at work because the internet is much quicker there and the picture's load really fast. Well, today I followed my trend and forgot to unplug the USB "thingy" so it is still at my computer at work. DUH! For the record, I had grilled chicken breast with mango chutney, Israeli couscous and sauteed purple kale. I will post the pic's tomorrow and give a review of the couscous, too.

As for me, I'm going to spend some time blog reading, then I have some more laundry to get done. DD is preparing a speech for class and I promised to help her with that. Her topic is "cats". She actually dug up some pretty good facts!

Hope everyone enjoys their Monday evening!

Bye for now!!

12 comments:

  1. Interesting to hear about the oat milk. I know I've never seen it around here. But if it every crosses my path, I might just have to try it!

    And I should really get some cottage cheese again - sounds good mixed with a fruit spread :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cottage cheese is my addiction! Can't wait for your couscous review - I love me some cous ;)

    Good luck to your daughter with her speech!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use oatmilk all the time!! I posted about it back in July 2007 :-)

    Fun quiz!!

    Wishing DD loads of luck with the speech!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girly! How are you? Bummer about the pics! Its so easy to leave a USB in the computer! It just sort of blends in. Glad you got in a nice run today. I have seen a lot of blueberries as of late in blog world, I need to get some!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hrm, i wonder how oatmilk tastes! looks good!

    good luck to DD on her speech!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh i was wondering if oat milk was good-- i'll have to pick some up next time i'm at whole foods :D
    have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love oat milk!

    Mango shrimp salad..YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I eat cottage cheese everyday. It is such an odd food to be addicted to but I totally am! This summer I discovered mixing it with jams/preserves - it is delish! - it's nice to know somebody else does it too!

    Lately I have also been adding a little to my oatmeal which is also quite yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also really like oat milk, it has a pleasant sweet and creamy flavor. It isn't readily available to me either :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oat milk you say? I'll have to keep an eye out for that too. I've never tried it (or seen it for that matter)but I haven't really been looking. Sounds pretty darn good! And perfect in a bowl of OATS.

    As much as I love and frequently consume cottage cheese, I don't think I've ever tried it with jam. And therefore, that combo now gets added to my "To Eat" list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm back!! :-D


    **Just as a heads up: I will not be able to comment on blogs as often now, during this semester, due to work overload (I'm stressed already) - PLEASE know that I'm still loyally reading, but just won't have time to comment. I hope you understand!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks delicous. I love grilled chicken and I love grilling.If you want more recipes or if you want to take a look at the collection of tips I have for grilling you can visit www.cookingandgrillinoutdoors.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!