Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Holy Yum Award!

I stayed up late last night and managed to post the picture’s that were giving me such a hard time because I knew I didn’t have to go into work early. I set my alarm for an extra 20 minutes of glorious sleep with a smile on my face and went to sleep. Move ahead a few hours to 6:15am….not the time I set my alarm for….and BOTH kids are wide eyed and bushy tailed and the 3 cats are up from their lair, meowing in tandem for some food. Trust me; they are not starving as they are free fed. It’s just the idea of food that sets them off. So up I was, earlier, hence more tired, than I planned for. Isn’t that life for ya? Rebellious as I can be, I savored an extra long shower. HA! :)

Here’s my “breaking the fast” meal;

-1 cup water
-1/4 cup Quaker oats
-1/4 cup oat bran
-cinnamon
-a few raisins
-a drizzle of cinnamon bun coffee creamer


Morning snack….


Are you getting sick of the tea/medjool date pictures? I am, so this is the last one you will see!

Work was much more bettah today!! I cleaned up all the paperwork that accumulated on my desk over the past 3 days so now I can see desk top! Before I forget, I need to post about my dinner last night. I whipped up a quick stir fry using mixed veggies, cooked chicken breast and some pomegranate chutney. Uber delicious and I threw it together in about 10 minutes!

My sweet end was a lemon cheese cake cup...


I was sure to make extra for lunch seeing as the food supply is steadily dwindling so instead of loading basically the same picture twice, I decided to give you all a peek at what I see while running on the treadmill and part of the actual (old) treadmill!


I did a panoramic view of what I see when I’m on the treadmill. To my left are 2 great big windows which can be a wonderful distraction depending on what’s happening outside. In front of me is the TV which is ALWAYS on while I run. The room is a bit messy because the boys were playing PS3 last night, but I didn’t tidy it up because I figure this is real life, right?


Here is the display on my treadmill. No bells and whistles…just get on and go. My hubby bought this for me for Christmas of 2004. When I first started using it, I could barely last 20 minutes just walking at a fast pace. Then I would hop off and eat because I figured I’d burned all these calories. Boy, have times changed for the better since then!

Here are my stats for today;

Time: 30:12
AVG HR: 162
MAX HR: 174
Calories Burned:276


I did nosh on a piece of WW bread with some Sabra Pappadew hummus on it after I finished my run. It was 1:30pm at this point and my oat power had finally diminished!

On to some exciting news…well, exciting for me, for sure! The lovely Megan of Megan’s Munchies honored me with her Holy Yum Award! Check out this post to see what I did to win! I was totally shocked when I went to her blog and saw my dish there! THANKS, MEGAN!! WAHOO!

DS starts skating lessons tonight at 5:30. I have a quickie dinner planned for beforehand, and since the rink is right beside a grocery store, I think I’ll get some food back in the house! That’ll make for a later evening so I think I’ll reveal dinner in tomorrow’s post. As I finish this post up, I’m munching on a juicy Gala apple that I bought at a VERY quick trip to the store this morning before work.


I hope this post was more enjoyable than the past few! Work life has returned to normal and I’m feeling more like myself. **SIGH of relief!!** Be sure to check back over the next few days as I plan to have a very special guest blogger featured on kristaskravings!

Bye for now!!

11 comments:

  1. Skating lessons get my seal of approval - not that I'm biased or anything ;)

    And I'm excited to see your guest blogger! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally forgot to congrats you on your award. DUH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries!! I love your the tea/medjool date pictures :-D

    HELL YES for the "holy yum" award - I was so psyched to see Megan's post about your win!!

    Can't wait to see the guest post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS ON THE AWARD!! That picture and dish DEFINITELY deserve it :)

    Woohoo for guest bloggers - such a mystery, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok i LOVE the fact that you have the Rock Band drums in the picture :) Congrats on the award and happy almost Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for holy yum award! fantastic to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely deserved the award! Your oatmeal sounds so good with cinnamon bun creamer. YUM! All your food looks delicious as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on that award! That dish really does look amazing!!!!

    I love the idea of that lemon cheesecake cup. A fun mini dessert!

    Sorry you didn't get the extra sleep you were hoping for. At least tomorrow is Friday - hooray

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on your holy yum award!
    have a great night :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen the lowfat lemon cheesecake. Looks delicious. Where can I find it?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats to the award! when I saw that pic, I instantly claimed: Holy Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!