Friday, January 23, 2009

Fab Friday

My hubby was off work today so I had the most difficult time getting out of bed with him still snuggled in. I actually got a tad cranky at the unfairness of it all! Immature, I know. DS cheered me up with a great big hug, though! I just love my kiddie hugs! And then breakfast made me over the top happy! I had some random fruit lying around so I just dumped it all in the pot!


-1 cup water
-1/2 cup flax seed porridge
-1/4 cup crushed pineapple
-1/2 mashed banana
-handful blueberries
-dash of coconut extract
-cinnamon

This turned out to be one honking big bowl of oats! I loved all the fruit in it, too. Extra healthy. After I posted last night I made my self a snack of yogurt, pineapple, wheat berries and granola. Hit the spot!

I had a few things to take care of at work today that made the morning whiz by. I snacked on 2 clementine’s closer to lunch time.




They were both very juicy. I find it very annoying when I peel a fruit (which I find to be a bother) only to find that it’s all shriveled up and dry. I also had a small piece of a PB bar that a co-worker brought in.

This was SO tasty! It was all I could do to stay away from the rest of the plate!

I pulled my Wii out today for some Outdoor Adventure fun over the lunch hour. Man, that game is fun! I highly recommend it! I never fail to have sore muscles the next day so I know it’s a great workout!! My obligatory stats;

Time:38:10
Time in Zone: 36:33
Avg HR: 150
Max HR: 180
Calories Burned: 306

If you remember, I did intervals for 35 minutes on the treadmill yesterday and burned 310 calories. I’d say this game is comparable to my interval session!

Lunch was a mish mosh of leftovers today. Gotta use them up! In here you will see edamame, carrots, turkey and wheat berries….

I read a very interesting article today called “Will the recession make you fat?” It talks abut how as people struggle to make ends meet in the current economy, essentials like food end up suffering. As per the article it seems that McDonald’s, with their dollar menu, knows how to stay ahead of the game. Unfortunately, their food is less than nutritious for the most part. It’s no wonder that kids these days are overweight….for a lot of struggling parents who work more than one job, Mickey D’s is fast and cheap. This article certainly was an eye opener for me as I never even considered that many dinner tables across the continent will suffer due to rough times. Very sad, indeed. I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts on the article, so please send me a comment, or you can email me at kristaskravings@gmail.com if you want to keep it personal.

On a much brighter note, check out Meghann's blog, Graduate Meghann because she is putting herself out there and running a marathon to raise money to help fight Leukemia. There are many ways to help her out on this fabulous journey she’s taken on. I hear there will be an upcoming bake sale, as well! Way to go, Meghann!!

Before I left work I ate some sweet blackberries;

Don’t they look beautiful?!

My hubby went over to Costco today and brought home some beautiful haddock fillets for supper. I sprinkled them with steakhouse salmon seasoning and popped them in the oven at 350* for a total of 13 minutes. I also made some polenta with fresh dill and steamed veggies as sides. Very tasty dinner, indeed.

Darn camera took another sideways pic! UGH! Moving along, my sweet end was a Weetabix biscuit with cinnamon raisin PB&C spread over it.

I think this is my new favourite treat.....Weetabix with some sort of PB on it! And again, I ate many a cinnamon heart throughout the day! :~)

Soon enough we will be off to a hockey game. It's suppose to get real chilly again later on tonight so I must remember to bundle up! It will be so nice to wake up on my own tomorrow! Ahhhh...I don't have much to do but house work, so we'll see what the day brings. For now, I'm just glad it's finally Friday. Seems like it took a long time in coming! Enjoy the evening, all!!!

Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. That PB bar is so colorful!! Fun :-)

    Beautiful blackberries, for sure!!

    Enjoy the game!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw - I'd be made if I was the only one going off to work too! Glad to hear you son made it all better though :)

    That fruit thing (shriveled) bugs me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting lunch combo, but I bet it tasted good :)

    I've read a few articles on the recession and poor eating habits. I think alot of it comes down to choices though - I would think that spending on your health and well being should take precedent over maybe more frivolous things. Not all healthy food is expensive, nor does it take a long time to prepare. I think if something is important and you make it a priority, you make it work somehow, regardless of the conditions you are facing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the great fruit you had today. The sales on berries are making me feel like its spring already!

    I am def feeling the pinch at the food store. I try to keep our grocery total under a certain number each week. Lately this is becoming harder and harder. Luckily, I am eating less meat and taking in different forms of protein (mostly beans) which also happen to be much cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that same pet-peeve about fruit. Especially when they're particularly hard-to-peel tangelos or something, then I bite into it and it sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband was off this morning too and I had the same mini-tantrum. It really isn't fair. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krista! I just got the Jillian Michaels workout for my Wii, i think it's the bootcamp one?? Is this the one you have? I could only play it for a few minutes, it was so boring and unlike the Wii fit, i couldn't get into it. Did you have this experience at all, I am so sad! Have a great weekend though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg it's 11 at night and i still really crave your oats....and that pb on the wheatbix? :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loading up a bowl of oats with a bunch of different fruit is always a good way to go. I've gotta try some crushed pineapple in it one of these days.

    And a special shoutout to the Weetabix, I just love it. I had some this morning. Great way to start off the day. I always mush it up and eat it cereal form though, never tried it just in biscuit form and spread with pb. Sounds like it'd make a pretty darn awesome snack!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!