Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Monday

I had a wonderful sleep last night and even got to sleep in a tad because this is my week to start at 8:30. I much prefer morning’s where I don’t feel like I have to rush around! I enjoyed a leisurely bowl of oats in a warm ray of sunshine…so enjoyable and relaxing! I whipped up some gingerbread oats and topped them with a sprinkle of Enjoy Life Foods Trail Mix.



I doubled up the spices and molasses in this batch and it was terrific! I also used Bob’s Red Mill 5 Grain cereal. DELISH!!

While I was snapping photos of my breakfast, I decided to snap one of DD’s new Starbuck’s tumbler as it was right in front of me…

It’s just a tiny one holding maybe ¾ of a cup of liquid. In other words, the perfect size for her!

The morning went by relatively smooth at work. It was basically spent catching up on some stuff from yesterday. I’m late lunch this week…12:30….so I snacked on 3 medjool dates around noon to tide me through my work out.
I had planned to do my elliptical/stair climber/bike workout today but when I got to the gym somebody was on the elliptical so I switched it up and did 35 minutes on the treadmill (3.58 miles, 315 calories) and 15 minutes on the stair climber (154 calories). Still a great workout!!

Time: 50 minutes
Avg HR: 162
Max HR: 174
Calories Burned: 469

I’m really enjoying the mix up of equipment that I’ve been doing the last few weeks. It’s really helped to keep boredom at bay!

Before I get on to lunch, I’m please to say that Michelle at Lucky Taste Buds gave me a Kreativ Blogger award!! YAY!! Thank you, thank you!!

I’m passing the award on to the following 5 bloggers because I think they’re just great!!

Sarah @ Mom on the Run
Marianne @ From French Fries to Flax Seeds
Cory @ Zesty Cooks
Jenn @ Eating Bender
Kristie @ Lighter Portions

On to lunch!! I brought another lovely serving of vegan chili from the freezer. I realized this morning that while I made lunches for the kids, I neglected to make one for myself! I almost grabbed a Lean Cuisine Panini, but knew that the chili was a much healthier choice. That, and I love it!

I also noshed on some pepper strips and Sabra jalapeno hummus. I stirred a bit of the hummus into the chili, too! Gave it a nice kick!
The afternoon went much quicker than the morning. My hubby called to tell me that he was told at work that he will be going on afternoon shift to avoid being laid off. Now, afternoons really SUCKS but I'll certainly take it over the alternative! He'll be working 3-11pm so I've be taking over all night duties. The only thing I'm trying to figure out is how I can still get to Pilates for 5 on Monday's when DD has to be at dance for that time....and what to do with DS while we're at our classes? I'm gonna have to put my thinking cap on. On the positive side, he will be home to take the kids to school every morning which will save me some time.

Speaking of "duties", tonight was hockey/swim night for DS so DD and I had dinner on our own. I made chicken tortellini soup for the fam. Mine had no tortellini, but I kept the little noodles that were in there and I added some peas and sweet potato to my bowl. On the side I had a WW bagel with a smear of butter, roasted asparagus and some sweet potato fries. The fam also ate tempura fish sticks.

No sweet end for me tonight....this meal made me pretty full. I do have a snack ready for munching on while I watch The Biggest Loser later on, though...
Strawberries and a pear. Looks pretty tasty, doesn't it??

I feel like today was a long day now that I'm sitting here cozy at home. I'm looking forward to watching some tube and then hitting the sack! On the bright side, tomorrow is hump day and one day closer to Friday! YIPEE! Well, sweet dreams to all...I'm turning this baby off for the night!!

Bye for now!!

12 comments:

  1. Thank you Krista for the great award! It is my first and congrats on yours :)

    Your meals look great as always! I really want your strawberries and pears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove Enjoy Life products.

    Congratulations on the well-deserved award!!

    Today WAS long - have a glorious evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hey! How are you? Hope you are having a great start to the week! Lunch looks great- love freezing up soups/chili for use during the week! Your sweet ending looks like my idea of perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute tumbler!! Your lunch looks fabulous - I may need to check into a recipe like that ;)

    Enjoy your night of relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow trailmix oats sound amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, love your eats. And the tumbler is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, thanks for the award! Good thing I'm catching up on all my blog reading, otherwise I wouldn't know about it :)

    Too bad about the husband going on afternoons, but it could be worse. I'm sure you'll sort out some arrangement for you and the family so you can all get to your activities :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on the award!
    cute tumble! is that a Valentine's theme tumble?
    oh... that ginger bread oat looks amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your award and thank you so much for passing it on to me! That was really sweet and made my morning :o)

    Mm, doubled up molasses in those oats? Sounds heavenly! I love the V-day tumbler, too!

    The new job arrangement sounds a bit tricky - I hope that you can work everything out so that you can still fit everything in! Have a happy hump day, Krista!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Krista.... thanks for the reward! You are a busy gal - that is for sure.... your food looks amazing

    zesty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, This is my first time commenting and I just stopped by your blog. I love it!! Now I'm craving strawberries and pears!! Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great day of eats!!!
    Love strawberries and pears!

    Thank you for your recent support on my blog about my weight loss. You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!