Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Night Off

I’m so glad to see so many fellow bloggers jumping on the oat bran band wagon lately! Oat bran is something that I’ve always kept in my cupboards, for breakfast and for baking! Here’s a link to one of my favourite muffin recipes that features oat bran. And yes, that is what I ate for breakfast this morning!

-1 cup water
-1/3 cup oat bran
-cinnamon
-frozen cranberries
-sprinkle of Enjoy Life Foods Mountain Mambo granola
-drizzle agave

The perfect start to my day!!! I've been meaning to post the link to the Enjoy Life Foods trial mix and I finally remembered! THIS is the one I've been eating....

I made myself a tasty little snack last night when I got off the computer. I had a bit of strained yogurt left so I mixed it with some strawberry jam and Nature’s Path sunflower agave plus granola.

This was incredibly delicious! I just know that if I’d had more yogurt, seconds would have been a sure thing!!

Work was s-l-o-w this morning! It probably felt slower than usual because we were so busy yesterday. Mid morning I broke into my apple bran flax muffin that I enjoyed with some Stash pumpkin spice tea.

Noon finally rolled around and off to the gym I went! I just did a regular ole run today, but I bumped the incline up some. Gotta make it challenging! :)

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 164
Max Hr: 176
Calories Burned: 426
Distance: 4.58 miles (7.38 km)


My right foot fell asleep again near the end of the run. Not sure why that happens, but it sure does feel weird!! Other than that, I felt fantastic! I had a super good lunch today, too! I whipped up a quick sandwich made with a WW bun, mayo, tofu, smoked cheddar and lettuce. On the side I had pepper strips that I put aside while chopping them for dinner last night and Sabra jalapeno hummus.

WOW WEE…so good! There were many more pepper strips than that and I also “dipped” the sandwich into the hummus. Stellar!

I whipped over to the library after work to return some books that were due today and to grab some new ones for DS. His reading has gotten so good lately! As long as I get him "boy" books, it's no problem to get him to read. I'd love to get him into an easy read series, but I've yet to find one!

I ate about a cup of cantaloupe when I got home. I was feeling really hungry and knew dinner was at least 45 minutes away at that point. This kept my hand out of the cookie jar!

I made my 30 minute in the microwave chicken for din din tonight. DD was suppose to have skating lessons tonight but they were canceled. I guess there must be a hockey tournament or something going on. Good news for me....I don't have to go out tonight! YEAH! Anyways, back to the chicken; I served mine with a humongous serving of steamed butternut squash fries and some BBQ sauce for dipping;

My sweet end was a heart shaped chocolate chip cookie. Then, I got the hell out of the kitchen!! :)

I may do some baking tonight. It'll depend on if I have all the ingredients I need. Tomorrow is grocery day and the cupboards are looking quite bare. Just making dinner I ran out of milk and butter (the fam enjoyed a package of Sidekick noodles and some Caesar salad with their chicken)I know the only fresh fruit in the fridge is grapes. Yikes! One thing I will be doing is reading the 3 magazine's that were in my mailbox when I got home! I'm such a magazine junkie!! Hope everyone has a slammin evening!!

Bye for now!!


12 comments:

  1. Definitely bake!! And have fun food-shopping tomorrow :-)

    Um no, I'M the magazine junkie - I subscribe to over 20 (yes, OVER 20!!) different publications!! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between the Bnut fries with BBQ sauce and that amazing lunch you've had a day full of fabulous eats!!

    Enjoy reading your magazines :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey :) How are you? Our cupboards are super bare too! I tried to get rid of a lot of stuff so we wouldn't have to move it! Baking is so relaxing! I hope you get some in tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered oat bran and it is my new favorite breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love oat bran, and thanks to your posts and Beadie's reminders today, I bought a GINORMOUS container! WOOHOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous breakfast combo! so beautiful and so yummy~~~
    great workout! Just can't get why your feet get asleep! weird :)

    have fun with magazines! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your food looks amazing today.

    I am also a magazine junkie. I was at the Pharmacy and picked up another one. I am such a sucker!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My cupboards aren't bare, but my fresh food in the fridge is seriously dwindling. Must hold out on grocery shopping until Saturday morning!

    Sabra makes a jalapeno hummus? We don't have that in our stores...I like jalapenos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where do you find those butternut squash fries? They look so good! I tried peelin a squash the other day, and let me tell you... it was quite the miserable experience. Tips?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurray for oat bran! I've made a promise that once I finish all of my old-fashioned oat canisters, I am going to try it! Seeing all the possibilities around the blogosphere lately (including yours, YUM) has convinced me!

    Of all the Sabra hummus I've tried, I still haven't tried jalapeno - must get on that!

    Love the heart-shaped cookie - and I'm a total magazine junkie, too! I love getting several in the mail on one day :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kristin,

    For your morning breakfast try www.mixmygranola.com -- custom-made granola anyway YOU like it.

    Cheers,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh how i love that heart shaped cookie!!! You are a lucky duck for not having to worry about stumpy legs!! I think it's an asian woman thing. hahahaha :)

    What exactly is strained yogurt?? It looks just like...normal yogurt? I'm looking forward to your baked goods this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!