Sunday, February 15, 2009

Post V-Day

WOW! Last night's dinner/dance was loads of fun! I hope everybody had as good a Valentine's as I did! I'll begin this post with an update of the festivities. First off, I had DD take a picture of me in my new little black dress...

My hubby thinks it totally vain of me to post this, but whatever, he's a guy and doesn't get it!! :) We enjoyed a 4 course meal before the dance part. It started off with a plate of antipasto (capicollo, salami, provolone, prosciutto, pickled veggies and olives) I ate all but the veg.....I do not like pickled veggies!

Next up was penne with meat sauce. I had a very small serving....about a 1/2 cup. Also, I passed on the bread basket the whole meal.

The main course was chicken Parmesan, roasted potatoes, veggies and salad. I ate all the vegetables, 1/2 the chicken and all the salad. I'm not a potato gal so I didn't even touch them.

And dessert was a beautiful piece of triple chocolate mousse. Hell, ya!!!

There was red and white wine at the table, too, but I am not fond of wine (I know, bad Italian) so I stuck with water all night. Later on in the post, you'll see that this was probably a very wise choice! Here are some more fun pictures. The first is Mom and me and the next is my handsome hubby and me.


We left at around midnight and by the time I drove the sitter home and washed up, it was well past 1am. I wasn't asleep even an hour before an upset tummy woke me up. I'll give no details except to say that I spent the remainder of the night camped out in the washroom. I finally fell asleep on the couch around 6:30am. I'm not sure what got me, but I'm thinking either the chicken or dessert. Ugh! I still can't think about it without feeling sick again! Bletch! I woke up around 10ish when DD came down to check on me. Mom or Dad on the couch is a very odd thing to the kids! I felt fine by then, but in no mood for any breakfast. The crew went on out to the farm without me so I laid around with Pepper (who is also under the weather from his shots yesterday) and read my book. Around 11 I decided to make myself a bowl of oats as I was starting to feel hungry.

-1/2 cup hazelnut milk
-1/2 cup water
-1/4 mashed banana
-cinnamon
-raisins
-maple flakes

When I was a kid we used to eat a lot of flavoured instant oats and cinnamon raisin was on of my favourites. This bowl tasted just like that. Thankfully, it settled nicely in the ole belly. I spent some time reading blogs while I waited for the fam to get home.

The rest of the afternoon was spent lounging around and catching a quick nap. I made an early dinner because DS had a hockey game at 6pm. I had bought some brown rice sushi yesterday that was suppose to have been my lunch today, but turned into my dinner. I ate 7 of the 9 pieces.

My sweet end was a sliver of apple pie that my hubby picked up at Knapp's on his way home from the farm.

Well, it's a good thing I had dinner to post today because my eats certainly weren't very exciting! I do feel much better, though and expect to have a great sleep tonight! I apologize if I haven't commented as much on blogs today, but I've been pretty wiped out. I'm going to tuck in tonight with a yogurt (get some good bacteria in my gut) and watch the premiere of the Amazing Race. It's my second favourite to the Biggest Loser! Hope everybody has had a fantastic day!

Bye for now!!

13 comments:

  1. Such a chic dress!! Love it!!

    Glad you're feeling better!! Rest up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no, hope you are feeling better soon, no fun for a nice evening! you do look lovely in the dress, with mom and hub :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post! First of all- how cute do you look? Love the dress and your hair looks awesome!!!!! triple chocolate mousse??? I'm in! Feel better girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so sorry about the tummy!!! i'm glad to hear you're feeling much better though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look great in that dress!!!
    all your eats are delicious, especially the 3 chocolate cake, I want a bite too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw I'm so sorry you got sick :( You look great - men just don't understand!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too bad that something didn't agree with you at your dinner, as it looks pretty tasty (if you like all that Italian stuff). I'll be watching me some Amazing Race tonight as well. I love that show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's not vein. You look beautiful. I like your dress (and your shoes) a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU LOOK FANTASTIC!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You looked great in that dress.

    I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, you look so pretty with that little black dress. And all of those meal look so delicious.
    Cheers,
    Elra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Hot stuff!!!! You look fabulous!


    And yay for sushi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. psht I think men are secretly SUPER vain, so uhhh NO you're not vain for posting that picture because you DO look fabulous in you LBD!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!