Friday, February 20, 2009

Windy Start to the Weekend

Was it ever incredibly windy last night! Poor DS was so scared! He finally fell asleep in a pile of Webkinz! I figured I’d have a bad sleep because of it but it didn’t keep me up at all! PHEW!
I had a nice fruity breakfast this morning…

-1/2 cup Hazelnut milk
-1/2 cup water
-1/2 cup Quaker oats
-3 big strawberries and 1/2 banana (which were frozen, thawed, then mashed up)
-cinnamon
-Pampered Chef Cinnamon sprinkles

Good Lord, this turned into a BIG bowl of oats! I bet the fruit equaled a good cup by the time it was all mashed up. What a great way to get some servings of fruit in right at the beginning of the day!! Here's a shot of the Hazelnut milk that I've been using. I bought it at Wegman's on my last trip to the US. Unfortunately, I finished it off today!

I was feeling like a snack by 9pm last night so I served myself up a small bowl of dry Nature’s Path Cinnamon Blueberry Optimum cereal…..

Hit the spot!!! This cereal is such a nice, crunchy treat!!

I spent the morning with our lovely (insert sarcasm) folding machine as we’re getting all the T4’s ready for the mail on Monday. What an exercise in patience that thing is! We finally had to call in the repair guy to fix/run it for us. I was getting a little hungry when I got back to my desk at 11:15 so I munched on one of my cranberry oatmeal muffins.

This guy got flattened in the fridge! Oh, well…it was still full of flavor!

I hit up the gym for a nice 50 minute sweat session! My hubby was off work today so he joined in on the fun! I hammered out 30 minutes on the treadmill (274 calories), 10 minutes on the stair master (98 calories) and 10 on the stationary bike (106 calories). I made a pact with myself to try to use as much equipment in the gym as possible instead of just the treadmill. I don’t want my body to figure out what’s happening next because I can get pretty cozy on the treadmill!

Time: 50 minutes
Avg Hr: 161
Max Hr: 174
Calories Burned: 478
Distance: 3.12 miles (5.2K) on treadmill


My lunch today was a lovely mug full of vegan chili. I topped it with some cheesy goodness! Before I heat it up, I put a squirt of hot water from the coffee machine in to loosen it up a bit. Works like a charm!

I think I still have about 4 servings left in the freezer. This batch has really come in handy for days when I’m either in a rush or not sure what to bring to eat. I just set it on a plate on my desk to spend the morning thawing out.

So here’s a question for y’all! I can not for the life of me figure out how to view how many hits my blog has received. Where do I find this elusive (to me) feature?? In Blogger, do you find it under “profile views”? I know not! Any help would be much appreciated!! :)

I decided it would be best for me to get the grocery shopping done right after work. It's a cold, windy day and I just knew that if I went home and got all warm and cozy, there's be no going back out! With this in mind, I ate some cantaloupe right before leaving work. Shopping on an empty stomach is a very dangerous thing for my wallet!!

I found a cool new product while at the store....Dempsters Fresh Squares. They looked very intriguing to me so I bought a box of each flavour....Apple Cinnamon....

And cranberry...

Here's the stats;

I'm thinking I'm going to test one out for a snack a little later on. I'll do a full review of the bars in tomorrow's post. Friday night dinner's are always a simple affair. By the end of the week I'm usually too wiped out to cook anything that requires thought. The fam had chicken fingers, fries and cucumber slices. I ate a bowl of Amy's Lentil Soup...

...and a WW Arnold Thin with Sabra jalapeno hummus, smoked cheddar cheese, lettuce and a piece of tofu. I put a big ass can of diced tomatoes on top of it while it was in the pan to flatten it and give it a "panini" look!

T'was delisio! No sweet end for me tonight....actually, that's a lie! Now that I think about it, I did eat a rainbow chip cookie while clearing the table off. Talk about mindless eating! Wonder how I enjoyed that when I almost forgot eating it? Blah!

Well, It's just after 7pm in my parts and I think we have a couple movies to watch. Sounds like the perfect thing to do on a blustery, cold night! Anyone have any spectacular weekend plans??

Bye for now!!



9 comments:

  1. Oh fun new bars!! I love seeing the Canadian products :)

    Soup and sammie - can never go wrong with those combos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO windy here too - it's scary!!

    Love that hazelnut-milk!! I have a muffin recipe on my blog that uses it :-)

    Night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay for new bars!

    and scary for DS! love that the webkinz could help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To get a profile counter you can go to http://www.easycounter.com/FreeCounter3.html and then grab the html code. Then go back to Blogger and add a "html" gadget to the layout of your profile, enter the code for your new counter, and you have yourself a brand-spanking new counter =) Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. adding fruits into oatmeal makes a huge bowl!!! I like to load on fruits too!
    The new square bars look so interesting!!!
    enjoy your nighT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm interested to see how you like those new squares. And then I will have to track them down here! Actually, I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow - I'll keep my eyes peeled! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't help with the counter thing since I use wordpress. I know you can download code from sitemeter and get your stats that way. Good luck!!

    Your eats looks really good, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen that Hazelnut milk before! I'll have to check it out once I am home for a visit in April!! It looks great.

    Hope it's alright with you.. i'll be adding you to my blogroll! I finally got a blog and i've been reading yours for a while.

    Leah @ http://simplyfabulousnow.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa, those squares look awesome! I'm going to keep my eye out for them. Love your eats! And horrrayyy for Canadians!!! =D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!