Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rain, Rain, DON"T Go Away!

Was it ever foggy this morning….but mild! All the snow is disappearing VERY quickly! Now, I’ve lived in Ontario my whole life so I know that this is just temporary and we will most certainly see more snow before long. It’s usually the end of April before things truly shape up.

Breakie was an eye opener today!!

-1/2 cup brewed coffee
-1/2 cup water
-1/2 cup flax seed porridge
-1oz Enjoy Life Foods no nuts mountain mambo granola
-splash French Vanilla coffee creamer

Who needs a cup of coffee when you can get your fix this way?

For all the Biggest Loser fans out there….what did you think about poor Kristen? I felt SO bad that she not only didn’t get under 300lbs, but that she gained some weight. That must’ve been devastating for her! Ahhh….

I ate 4 medjool dates before my trip to the gym today. All of them even make it into the picture today!! :)

I have early lunch this week (11:30) and find that I’m still not hungry for a pre workout snack. I don’t think that the dates really cut it, but I guess they’re better than nothing. Next week I’ll be lunching at noon, so you’ll see some Clif Bar action going on again!!

Instead of running today, I decided to do something different. Here’s how it went; 30 minutes on the elliptical, 10 on the stair climber, 10 on the bike. Holy crap was I ever a sweaty MESS after that 50 minutes workout! And here I was worried that it wouldn’t be as productive as a run!!! Just take a look at my stats. I was very impressed with myself!

Time: 52:00 minutes
Avg HR: 166
Max HR: 178
Calories Burned: 498


I still can’t believe how many calories I sweat out! WAHOO! The break down was 280 calories on the elliptical, 105 on the stair climber, 113 on the bike. Needless to say, I needed something to eat FAST because by the time I got back to my desk, I was shaking pretty bad! I decided to break out this bad boy;

A frunola bar. Here’s what the ingredients look like;

Not too bad! It looked like a fruit roll up, only a thicker bar.

It did a really good job of squashing my immediate hunger…in fact, I didn’t need my lunch until almost 2 hours later. I give it 2 thumbs up for that! I must say that I found it a bit too sweet for my liking, though. I would buy this bar again, but I wouldn’t make a special trip for it.

I made the same wrap for lunch today as I ate yesterday. Sorry for the receptiveness, but it was so good that I couldn’t resist! Mortadella is by far my favourite lunch meat….the lean stuff, of course! Here she be!

-Flatout wrap
-Sabra hummus
-3 slices lean mortadella
-1 slice “light” Swiss cheese
-lots of green stuff

Great lunch, I tell ya!!

The afternoon was spent plowing through paperwork. We have a holiday this Monday here in Canada and as much as I look forward to it, it falls smack in the middle of our pay cycle which means I will likely be doing O/T again. The way the current economy is, I’m certainly not ungrateful for the work, it just means busyness again.

I actually had time to make a delicious dinner tonight! We had pork tenderloin, sweet potato fries (cut up with my new Pampered Chef crinkle cutter!) and steamed veggies.

I roasted the pork at 375* for 40 minutes. Same with the sweet potato fries. They both had a bunch of random spices on them. I had some hickory flavoured BBQ sauce on the side for dipping. Um, um, good!

DD and will be off to the pool shortly for her swimming lesson. I bought this month's issue of the Clean Eating magazine to read while I'm there. I've flipped through it already and there seems to be a lot of tasty looking recipes to check out! I'm sure I'll have the munchies later because we ate dinner a little earlier tonight, so I've already prepared a nice bowl of blueberries and strawberries to eat.

Don't those look yummy! When we get back from the pool I have to make a batch of gingerbread squares for an open house my department is hosting tomorrow. The idea is to show off our new work space that we moved into just before Christmas. I'll have to plan out a strategy to keep myself from over indulging! At least the tables of food won't be set up anywhere near me. PHEW! Well, I hope everybody has a fantastic evening. I must get the pool bag together!

Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. DATES!! SWEET POTATOES!! FRESH BERRIES!! Mmmm.... :-)

    Have fun baking tonight and with the open house tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's super foggy here but I'll take it!

    Gorgeous berries!! SP FRIES - look fabulous!

    Have fun baking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dates are the best pre-workout snack ever!!
    I wonder if you can get the frunola bar in the states-it looks interesting! I'm checking out the link now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. coffee in the oatmeal???? wooooooo........ so creative!

    great workout!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the bowl of oats & the leaf bowl they are in :)
    I have never seen that type of bar but sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the name of that product- Frunola! I need this! What an awesome workout you got in today- great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. have fun baking tonight!!! can't wait to see the gingerbread!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great workout! That Frunola bar looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What does mortadella taste like? I don't think I've ever tried it.

    And there ain't no holiday here in BC. Not all of Canada has a Family Day (which I think it crap - it's one LOOOONG stretch between New Year's & Easter). Check good ol' Wikipedia, it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  10. danng it looks like such a delicious food day!! That breakfast...i must admit seems extremely..."raw"??? to me?? haha I think it must be the green bowl! :P

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!