Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day=Busy Day!

Happy Valentine's Day, all!

I was up by 8am this morning and raring to go! Pepper had a vet appointment for his last set of shots at 9, so I set to work on breakfast right away. This bowl looked so pretty to me that you get to see all 4 pictures that I took of it! Don't you all feel lucky now?? :)

-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill 5 grain cereal
-1/2 mashed banana
-blueberries
-Enjoy Life Foods Mountain Mambo granola




Isn't that just gorgeous?!

We arrived home at 10pm last night from the hockey game (our team won 4-2) and I was getting hungry. That pizza lasted me 5 hours!! I decided to have some yogurt, agave and Nature's Path Sunflower Agave Plus granola.

I really liked this granola. In fact, DD and I ate some straight out of the bag after we ate lunch! It wasn't quite as sweet as the pumpkin. Not that the pumpkin is overly sweet, either! I was at the grocery store today and didn't see the sunflower agave so I'm extra happy that I have myself a box!

I decided to have some soup and salad for my lunch. DD and I split a can of Amy's minestrone and I made a grilled cheese with an Arnold Thin, smoked cheddar and 1 piece of old fashioned ham.



I had an appointment at 2pm to get my hair straightened for the dinner/dance tonight. I have a straightener at home, but nothing beats when a pro does it!! After my hair was done, DD and I had to stop by the store to pick up something quick and easy for the kids dinner. I saw that the Clif Bars were still on sale for 5/$5.00 so I picked more up. I have a nice little stash happening now!!

So, I'm of to finish preparing for tonight! I'll be back tomorrow with all the dirty details of our night out. There will be a 5 course meal, of that I'm sure! And maybe I'll win a prize during the raffle. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I'm planning to eat a small snack before we leave so I'm not ravenous by the time dinner is served....maybe an apple with PB. We'll see. Enjoy your night, everyone!!!

Bye for now!!!

7 comments:

  1. beautiful breakfast and I love the bowl! Have fun tonight! Take a pic of you with your hair done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAVE FUN TONIGHT AND ENJOY ALLLLLL OF V-DAY!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about having your hair professionally straightened. I have a curly mass of thick hair, so whenever I'm at the salon to have it cut/dyed I have them straighten it, as it's such a treat. I should just invest in a good straightener, but I should do alot of things I don't have money for!

    I know I've seen the sunflower agave granola around here, so if you still can't find it and need some, let me know.

    Enjoy your night out, and hopefully you win a great prize! Or at least have some great eats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yahoooo for Clif sales :)

    Fingers crossed for a prize!! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have fun!! Happy V-day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, your breakfast does look gorgeous.
    Happy V-day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krysta, I just got up...
    It's poring out there, I am hungry... waiting for my coffee, and look at this breakfast. I gotta off my computer, and start making it. Wait, don't have that Bob's mill 5 grains cereal, hmmm...
    I'll use my muesli instead, add mashed banana and blueberry. Oh, thanks dear. Now, let me go to my kitchen, k?
    Cheers,
    Elra

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!