Friday, March 20, 2009

A Trip to Ikea and Whole Foods

We had another great day today! Activity and weather wise. I stayed up a wee bit late last night watching Fool's Gold. Cute movie. I really enjoy anything that has Kate Hudson in it! I think she's hilarious! :)

I made a great bowl of oats after crawling out of bed at almost 9am this morning. I decided to break into the baggie of goji berries that I bought on Tuesday;
I added them with the water so that they had a chance to plump up.
-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Quaker oats
-cinnamon
-handful of goji berries
-mashed banana
-Sahale Snack mix-walnut
This turned out to be a great bowl!

When I went to make my green monster last night I realized that I was almost out of spinach!! I forged ahead with about 1 cup of spinach, 5 frozen strawberries, 1 tbsp ground flax seed & 1/2 cup unsweetened almond breeze.
More pink than green but delish none the less!

After breakfast, a bit of Wii playing and a shower, I hit the grocery store....without the kids! I managed not to do too much damage to my wallet this time. I was more picky and choosy than normal to try to keep the cost down. While packing the van up I realized that it was pretty nice outside. A little chilly, but sunny with no wind. I made the decision to let my hubby put the groceries away while I squeezed a run in before my lunch and his departure time. I ran the same route I did with the kids on Tuesday and managed to shave 5 minutes off my time! NICE!!

Time: 23:27
Avg Hr: 173
Max Hr: 185
Calories Burned: 246

I'm going to check that route again at Map My Run to make sure that it was 3.15miles because I was shocked at my time today!! I didn't realize I was doing that well! To back track a bit, I ate 2 Parnoosh dates with homemade almond butter before I ran;
When I got back and cleaned up, I made myself a toasted Ezekiel English muffin with HM almond butter and a new fig spread I found while shopping today. Here's the goods...
I served my toast with a minneloa orange. It was a little tart/sour which I wasn't expecting, but good overall!!
After lunch I packed the kids up and headed out to Ikea which is about 45 minutes away from where I live. I bought a few new plates/bowls which will be making an appearance on the blog in the coming days and a few other odds and ends. I had promised the kids each a cone before we left....you can't go wrong at a buck a cone...and I grabbed a coffee for myself. It came with a free cinnamon bun!
I ate less than a quarter of the bun and put the bag in the back with the other stuff so I wouldn't be tempted! :) My hubby will enjoy the rest of it later, I'm sure!

We made good time and I knew that Whole Foods wasn't much farther up the road so I plugged good ole TomTom in and away we went. I did minimal damage there, too! I bought some Almond Breeze, a new soy milk to try with my green monsters and agave nectar.
We made it home shortly after 6pm and I got the kids their dinner right away. I heated up 2 of the meatballs that I bought yesterday with some pizza sauce and served them on rolls with grated cheese on top. They also had grape tomatoes, cucumbers & dip, 3 fresh shrimp each and a YOP for dessert. I was prepared today!!! For myself I made a wrap with a 1/4 cup off egg beaters, a little grated cheese, a little pizza sauce, lettuce all rolled up in and Italian Herb flatout wrap. I made a small side salad dressed up with the strawberry pomegranate dressing that I bought on Tuesday.
Yumm-o!! Not that I needed a sweet end after the many samples I tried at Whole Foods, but I did have a mint chip cadbury thin.

The rest of my night will be spent catching up on some magazine's that came in the mail this week, reading with DS and watching another movie that I rented. Now that I'm home and sitting down I can feel myself start to fade! Hope everyone has some fun plans for their Friday night!! Catch ya tomorrow!

Bye for now!!

13 comments:

  1. TWO OF MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE PLACES!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a pretty good day :) I haven't been to Ikea in ages. There is one about 5 min from my parents' house, so I'm sure it will become a frequent stop once I move back there.

    Ya know, I don't think I've ever tried goji berries. Crazy, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the almond milk! so tasty.
    whole foods rocks. end of story. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Fig spread and goji berries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Fools Gold! We just watched it for the second time. I <3 Kate too- she is so comfortable in her skin- its just fabulous! Sounds like another great day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. whole food! the best store in the world! love all those taste samples! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay almond breeze!! I lvoe that stuff!!! :) I bet you'll love 'em in your green monsters!!!

    heehehe i giggled when i saw your almond butter because i thought it was hummus! That would definitely be an interesting food combo!

    NICE job shaving off the 5 minutes!! It ain't easy at all!! good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love Whole Foods.. you did really well for spending so little! I'm not sure I could restrain myself! heh.. thanks for the tip on the Yogi Tea.. I emailed you back about it!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went to Whole Foods yesterday and had a few samples myself.

    And to my delight, when I came home, I had a note from the post office that I had a package from Canada! I sure hope it is my package from you, it should be redelivered today!! Hoooray!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an awesome time Krista!!! Way to go!!

    Oh I have yet to go to Whole Foods! And I think it's only like a 45 minute drive for me! But I have to leave the Visa at home cos I know I could do some serious damage there!!!

    Hope you had an awesome week off with your kids! You've been so busy though, you might need a vaca to relax now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ikea AND WFs?! That would be so dangerous for my wallet! What a delish day :)

    Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i really don't like goji berries. i wish i did because they are so good for you, but i don't. they only way i could finish the bag i bought was mixing them in cottage cheese.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!