Tuesday, November 17, 2009

All About The Sweet Stuff

Although today was cold enough for me to have to scrape the frost of the windows of the Jeep, the sun was shining and the sky was a beautiful blue. Much more cheery than grey skies, no? 100_7172

-1 cup coffee
-1/3 cup BRM 7 grain cereal
-1/4 cup trail mix
-pumpkin pie coffee creamer 100_7171

I didn’t intend on dumping quite that much creamer into my bowl, but it poured out quicker than I expected. Hey, my feelings weren’t hurt over it! It was a super tasting bowl! :D

My hubby and I watched The Ugly Truth last night. Hilarious!!! I haven’t laughed that hard at a movie in ages. Good thing I ate my sweet end/snack first or I might’ve choked! 100_7170

I found this piece of vegan pumpkin loaf in the fridge and threw it in the toaster to crisp it up. It made for a nice treat paired up with some almond butter and a cuppa pumpkin pie flavoured coffee.

Work went quicker today. Amen to that! We got a huge load of mail late yesterday so it took a few hours to sort through. I don’t mind doing this because it requires standing which is a sweet change from sitting 7 hours a day. I did get a little bored though so I decided to try to take a good picture of a super cool (to me) necklace that I bought on the weekend at Smart Set; 100_7191

I just love all the colours in this because I can ear it with a variety of outfits. This is the shirt I bought at Charlotte Russe and man, it’s a comfy one! I totally should’ve bought one in each colour they had on the rack!

Back to some food…..I thoroughly enjoyed this Dulce de Leche Luna bar before going to the gym. 100_7186 100_7187

This was lip smacking good!

I hopped on the elliptical today and watched some Racheal Ray. She had the cutest baby animals on today! There was even a friendly albino reindeer. Love. Made the time whip right on by!

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 162
Max Hr: 178
Calories Torched: 468
Distance: 5.1 miles

I’m sure you will not be floored when you see that I brought bison chili for lunch today. I can be SO predictable! I did switch it up some by mixing in the last of the Aztec grain mix. Ya know, to bulk it up! 100_7196

Then I ate a few more Hershey’s kisses; 100_7193

Apparently I’m not sweet enough today! Then I ate a couple grapes and drank a chocolate hazelnut tea; 100_7194 100_7197

According to the menu plan we were suppose to have a roast in the crock pot tonight. Too bad I forgot to take the meat out of the freezer last night! So we had Wednesday’s pork tenderloin instead. I decided to play with my food a bit by making a sandwich out of it. I used these cool flat breads from Wegman’s… 100_7199

I topped it with 3 pieces of pork, loads of broccoli sprouts and mango wasabi mustard; 100_7202

Freaking delicious! I also had some steamed veggies on the side. 100_7200

Great meal. I had a piece of my white chocolate lindt bar for a sweet end, but it wasn’t playing nice with the flash. If you ever come across this flavour, please try it! It is divine.

I’m just freshly home from Pilate’s and am patiently waiting for 8pm so I can watch The Biggest Loser. Hope you guys are all doing exactly what you want this evening!

Bye for now!!

16 comments:

  1. So much to say! I have been dying to see The Ugly Truth since it hit theatres! I am going to demand that my Momma watch it with me over Thanksgiving. I love Katherine Heigl. I haven't had a Luna Bar in forever but Dulche de Leche was always my favorite flavor. I need to get my hands on that decaf chocolate hazelnut tea. I collect decaf tea (haha I don't like having caffeine after 3pm so I'm all about decaf!). Does it taste like Nutella!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That flatbread looks great, is it a store brand or something sold at most grocery stores?

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE necklace girl. Glad the day flew by and nice job on the workout. Those new flat outs are awesome! I love making Josh's lunch sammies on them or dinner veggie sammies for me! Enjoy your night :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the necklace & the shirt! Hope you enjoyed The Biggest Loser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just out of curiosity, what's your favorite Luna?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great necklace! Looks great with your shirt!

    Pumpkin Pie creamer? Sounds delicious! What brand is it? (I'm Canadian too, so hoping I can get it out west!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so tasty especially that cream! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. your necklace is really pretty, I like how colorful it i too! :)
    that folding in bread sounds interesting... does it taste like pita bread?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe check on the Char Russe website--sometimes they run free shipping deals too :-) I'm not sure I like the new flat bread trend--I love a big n fluffy slice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the necklace! I saw the ugly truth this weekend on a girls night and we were killing ourselves laughing throughout the entire thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad the movie was good! I haven't seen it so you're review makes me want to check it out. I love the shirt/necklace duo! Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the necklace and the shirt. I waited until 8 o'clock for the Biggest Loser last night also, and it didn't come on till 8:30. I was so bummed. When it didn't come on at 8 I assumed it wasn't on at all and then at 9 I flipped to it and had already missed a half hour...Grrr!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh! that necklace is so fun :) really good colors!

    mmm i'm pretttty sure i haven't tried that luna bar yet! that flavor sounds pretty good though and i definitely need to pick it up next time i see it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your pretty new necklace! Your dinner sammy looks incredibly delish! I'll definitely have to see The Ugly Truth.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Krista! I have the same blue bowl :-) like your version of that "half and half", great combo of nuts cereal and creamer!

    btw, that is a very pretty necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmm, white chocolate lindt bar. I love me some good white chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!