Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Homemade Raw Hummus

How’s everybody on this fine Tuesday? I had a pretty good day! This “extra” hour of sleep is going a long way towards me waking up feeling refreshed! 100_6936

-1 cup water
-1/4 cup PC 5 grain oats
-1/4 cup Weetabix crumbs
-1 tbsp flax seeds
-cinnamon
-almond butter
-chocolate honey 100_6934

The weetabix crumbs made this bowl super thick and creamy. It was definitely a good addition to the bowl. Speaking of the bowl, how do you like my newest, purple prize? 100_6935

I picked this up for $5.99 at Winners. I also bought this Christmas set for $12.99; 100_6938

The whole family is coming to my place for Christmas dinner this year so I figured I get started on some festive stuff! Something that really has nothing to do with Christmas, but I couldn’t bear to leave behind was this orange pecan hot chocolate! 100_6940

Oh, lordie! More on this in a wee bit.

Before hitting the gym I ate a sweet honey crisp apple; 100_6941

I don’t know about you guys, but apples make me burp! :D I’m glad I was in the gym by myself because the bouncing from running had me sounding like a beer guzzling frat boy!!

Time: 40 minutes
Avg Hr: 154
Max Hr: 177
Calories Burned: 394
Distance: 4.1 miles

I was a little bit of a chatty Cathy on my way to the gym and wound up loosing 5 minutes out of my precious hour. Well, I didn’t loose them, but you know what I mean, right?!

Lunch came in 2 parts today. Part one was some leftover pork tenderloin/kasha stew that I made in the crock pot a few weeks ago; 100_6942

And part 2, the best part, was 2 Ryvita crackers with some homemade raw sprouted garbanzo bean hummus spread on them! 100_6943

Manon (who sent the raw chocolate pudding recipe home a few weeks ago) sent my hubby home from practice last night with a container of the above hummus and another filled with raw sprouted sunflower seed pate. 100_6951

What a wonderful surprise! Damn the flash, though. Manon has recently started sprouting and I’m happy as a clam to be a test bunny. I’ll see if she wants to give up the recipes for the hummus and pate for you guys to try out. Read on to see how I used the sunflower seed pate at dinner time!

Later in the afternoon I broke out the orange pecan hot chocolate fro a whirl; 100_6947

This was pretty good, but I think I skimped a bit too much when dishing out the powder. T’was a tad weak. I’ll use more next time I make it. So far, so good, though.

I stuck to the meal plan for the week and made the broccoli & cheddar quiche. I also made salads to go along with it. Caesar for the fam and mine was a mix of romaine, spinach, red & orange bella peppers and a tbsp of Manon’s raw sunflower seed pate as the dressing. 100_6948

Heavenly! It’s been WAY too long since I’ve made a quiche. The only one who didn’t like it was DS which was no surprise to me. At least he tried it, though! Dessert, which I just finished up, was a slice of Caroline’s Vegan Pumpkin Bread with some pumpkin butter on it; 100_6950

Candy confession time! Here’s what I ate throughout the day; 100_6939 100_6949

Well, it’s Biggest Loser time which = sign off time!

Bye for now!!

16 comments:

  1. I'm liking your candy confession time!!! :D
    raw hummus sounds delish~~~
    oh... those quiche looks delicious too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calories burned???? Not torched? Are there various levels of burnage??? That hummus sounds fantastic! What a fun treat. Love the bowls. I want to go pick up some new bowls. I think I'm going to take a trip to Pier 1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw cute holiday bowls just like those at Target and almost got them yesterday!! I need to make some hummus from scratch one of these days. It seems so easy especially with a Magic Bullet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that purple bowl! That is my favorite color these days. Love the idea of Weetabix as a topping too--must get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. chocolate honey??? that sound's good! & nice workout :)
    yum to the candyyy-- don't be ashamed! looks deliciouss

    xoxo
    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great post!
    everything looks SO good!!

    I have yet to try my hand at RAW hummus! but it looks so good.. I need to make some, stat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS
    winners in the best for their christmas decor!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try my hand at making homemade hummus--I was thinking it would be a really fun Christmas gift for the fam. I need to put my magic bullet to work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bowls - the purple one is funky and the other three are so festive!! That hummus looks delicious!

    Haha to "beer guzzling frat boy"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The hummus sounds great!

    Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving that extra hour too :) Love the raw hummus!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your adorable new bowls! Especially the holiday ones...that little green sparkle one is just too cute! Great use for the sunflower seed pate! I've actually been thinking about trying my hand at sprouting...

    ReplyDelete
  13. ha! I was just reading your blog and about to comment when I got your comment! so fun :)

    seriously that hot chocolate looks amaaaaaayzing and that fritatta totally makes me sad I didn't get my eggs in today haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reeses pieces are my absolute favoriteeeee.I ate a giant bag of them last semester in about 2 sittings lol. They are just too dang tasty!

    Love the new bowls :) I'm so excited about the holiday season!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sure is a fancy hot chocolate. If I like orange with my chocolate, I'd try it out for sure. Love your quiche - it's one of the only ways I enjoy eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just found this awesome raw recipe from nutritionals Rose Cole for an eggong substitute. I can't believe how good it is, and it's sugar- free, dairy- free, and RAW! httt://ow.ly/BONC Just thought I would pass it on.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!