Monday, November 16, 2009

Meal Planning – Week 3

I really didn’t feel like getting out of bed this morning. It was one of those times where I was just to cozy under the blankets. *sigh* But up I got and felt much more awake after a nice shower! I was a bit pressed for time so I did my oats I the microwave again. Can’t beat 1 min 30 seconds! 100_7159

-2/3 cup USVAB
-1/3 cup PC 5 grain cereal
-cinnamon
-raisins
-fresh blueberries
-walnut pieces 100_7158

I got hungry before bed last night so I tried out a s’mores zbar; 100_7157

I can see why DS has been hammering these babies back! Yum….

Monday’s are usually my fast day at work, but today was kinda slow. I imagine it was because there really wasn’t much to do. Meh, I survived! Before heading off to the gym I ate a whole whack of fresh blueberries; 100_7161

I just love blueberries so much! I wish their season was a longer one.

I had a great run at the gym today. My legs were on the tired side, but it felt good to move after the weekend. Relaxing is a definite necessity in life, but I think moving about is so much more rewarding.

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 164
Max Hr: 182
Calories Torched: 499
Distance: 4.6 miles

I rummaged around in the fridge last night for something to take for lunch today and came out with an Yves veggie sausage and the last of the sautéed onions and peppers. 100_7162

These sausages are really yummy! I chased lunch with a few Hershey’s kisses; 100_7160

I brought the bags to work to add some to the office candy dish, but had to hide them from myself so I didn’t eat them all day!

DS had hockey practice tonight so I picked DD up and went home to make a big pot of chili. I decided to use the bison I bought at Wegman’s on Friday. 100_7164

Into the pot went a tbsp of basil infused olive oil, the bison, an onion, 2 red and 1 yellow bell pepper, a can of mushrooms, lentils, a can of 6 bean medley, 1 can of tomato sauce, chili powder, coriander, cumin, dried oregano, salt & pepper. I topped my bowl off with some goat’s milk yogurt and a wee bit of shredded mozzarella; 100_7167

Ouch…that's bright!!! Here it is all mixed up. 100_7168

DD shared her Kit Kat with me…. 100_7169

After I pick DD up from dance I plan of watching The Ugly Truth and enjoying a cuppa joe with some of this bad ass stuff in it; 100_7154

OWWWWW!!! :D

Continuing on with my November challenge of planning our weekly meals, here is what week 3 is looking like…

Meal Planning – Week 3

Monday – Hockey (4:30-5:50) & Dance (6-6:45)
-Bison Chili

Tuesday – Pilate’s (6:15-7:15)
-Crock pot roast/steamed broccoli/Sidekick noodles (for fam)

Wednesday – Swimming (7-8)
-Pork Tenderloin/steamed veggies/mac n’ chs (for fam)

Thursday – Hockey (5:30-6:20) & Skating (5:30-6:20)
-Pizza night for fam/leftover night for me

Friday – Storm (OHL) hockey game (7-10)
-turkey sausages/veggies/noodles (for fam)

I think this weeks plan will leave lots of extra leftovers for lunches too, which is a bonus. I can’t believe I’m on week 3 already!

Project Feed Me food choice for week 6 is canned beans and I’ll be preparing a post within the next few days to answers all the questions you guys sent me. There’s still time to ask if you didn’t get a chance last week! Bring it on! ;)

Bye for now!!

12 comments:

  1. I need to start planning maybe then whole boxes of Annie's Bunnies won't get consumed :/

    Sounds like a busy week! Sometimes getting moving is the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all these weekly menu plans you do!! Fun and delicious stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had a s'mores Zbar today--the best flavor ever!! They should make it a year round flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a whole whack? I've never heard this phrase before and I love it. Your lunchy peppers and onions look so good! Nom Nom. Great job on the meal planning! Can't wait to see your crockpot meal

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow your meal planning looks like it's going great :) chili is such a great one bowl meal that lasts forrrrrever!

    HA! I want some of that pumpkin spice sweetner! I think I would develop a serious addiction to it :) enjoy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, I swear I sometimes miss Wegmans more than my family...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love blubeberries too! unfortunately the season is over now and it's soooo expensive to buy fresh ones! :(
    meal plan sounds great! I wish I could do that, especially now that I'm alone, I feel lazy to cook for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay to blueberries I had some for breakfast today so good! x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. did I read you havea wegmans near you! I am SO jealous! I went to school in Ithaca NY, and we had a HUGE wegmans, I live and grew up in Boston now and there is NOTHING like weggies...I am super jealous-i miss it so much!

    I have heard great things about Bison! it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice job on the meal planning, it looks great! I've seen bison meat at Wegman's but I've never tried it...I know it's super healthy...does it taste similar to beef or is it more gamey like deer?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oo I am so jealous of those big blueberries! I've been living off of frozen ones for now...oh well, they do the job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!