Thursday, November 26, 2009

Lunch Time Treats

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my American friends!!! I hope that you are all pleasantly stuffed with your food of choice. I know I’m looking forward to seeing and reading about all the scrumptiousness on your blogs. Is anyone planning on walking your meals off while shopping on Black Friday? I have some crazy co-workers who brave the line ups (and the border) to catch some great deals.

My morning started out early as the babes had appointments to get their immunizations. DD got the regular flu shot and poor DS got the second half of the H1N1 in one arm and the flu shot in the other. What a trooper. I had no time for oats so I made a quick bowl of cereal. So quick, in fact, that I forgot to take a picture of it! Luckily, I still have the boxes. I had 1 cup of this one; 100_7346
½ cup of that one;

100_7347
And a good pour or two of this; 100_7348

Fabulous!

Seeing as breakfast came an hour early, snack time did, too! I brought a Pumpkin Nut Muffin along to enjoy with my morning Stash. 100_7343 100_7345
I always keep snacks on the lighter side for Thursday’s because I know I can’t get into the gym for a sweat sesh at lunch.

Speaking of lunch, guess what I did on mine today? BAKE! Yup, you read that right! I’ve wanted to make Mama Peas Vegan Energy Bars for a while now and decided I had enough time to get it done in my allotted hour. 100_7350
See? Don’t they look mouth watering??? I also put some turkey sausages and barley into the crock pot for dinner tonight. I reasoned that working until 4:30 and then having to leave the house at 5:10 for skating lessons wouldn’t leave a whole lot of time for cooking dinner. And DS had to be on the ice at 5 so my hubby couldn’t help out.

While busy doing all this, my lunch was busy getting toasty AND melty in the oven! I topped 2 slices of sun dried tomato bread with goat’s milk brie and popped it in the oven with the bars. 100_7353
On the side was some cottage cheese mixed with pumpkin puree, cinnamon and agave; 100_7354
All together it made for a fab, filling lunch! 100_7351

And you bet that I ate an energy bar as an afternoon pick me up seeing as I knew dinner would be late and all! 100_7356

These were a HUGE hit with the fam. By the time I got home from work all the centre pieces were a thing of the past! (I cut the batch into 12 squares). DS told me that the energy they gave him made him “super fast” at practice. LOL!!

I ate my dinner after skating lessons. Just a turkey sausage and some barely because we are all out of veggies!! I’m not happy about that but I’ll be doing groceries this weekend so I’ll be stocking up big time. Anyways, here’s my monochromatic plate; 100_7358

I had a piece of Endangered Species chocolate for a sweet end. 100_7359

I’ll soon be settling in to watch CSI and The Vampire Diaries. Looking forward to the relaxation.

Bye for now!!

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous baked goods!! And I love CSI as well, so enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking cereals!!! I gotta try those energy bars now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ow! Those energy bars look fabulous- and what a fun way to spend your lunchy break. Hope you have a great night

    ReplyDelete
  4. haven't had cold cereals for breakfast for years! this combo sounds great! :D
    that energy bar looks fantastic! and so energetic!!! hahaha...... DS is funny! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha super fast! Glad they got the job done then!! What a yummy looking lunch and baked goods!

    Hope you have a great Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine trying to brave the border today... crazy!

    Those energy bars look SO good. I love when I can get my family to enjoy vegan baked goodies. Just the word vegan or healthy usually makes them run away... I don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. look at you gettin your energy bar making skillz on :) love it!

    hope you had a good "thanksgiving" haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your lunch looks soooo good! Today at Weg for the 1st time I saw goat's milk brie and was thinking about buying it...I'll have to get it next time, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never tried cottage cheese mixed with pumpkin, I usually mix it with fruit, but the pumpkin sounds like a fun twist! I used to gag at the sight of cottage cheese, but now I go through a tub a week. Have you ever tried mixing it with some SF cherry pie filling and cinnamon granola?! It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy meals and bakingfor the day!!
    I have a few of those endangered species bars that I brought over from the states. I am waiting for a special day to try em out hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just saw that you made the energy bars! Yay!!! I'm so glad you guys enjoyed them. I might have to make another batch again soon too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!