Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dentist Woe’s

Today was a pretty quiet hump day which is just fine by me! The kids actually got dressed and played some Monopoly while I was in the shower instead of their normal fight, fight, fight routine. Maybe I’ll get lucky and they’ll play nice again tomorrow! I even thought ahead last night and pulled a serving of apple pie crock pot oats from the freezer so breakfast was done in no time! 100_6954

I added some water to plump it back up and then topped it off with USVAB and walnut pieces. 100_6953

Love, love, love!

I spent some quality time with Mr. Elliptical today, but snacked on ½ of this PB&J Lara Bar that I found at the store over the weekend; 100_6956

While I still prefer Clif Bars to the Lara Bars, this one was very, very good. To me, it really did taste just like a PB&J sandwich. I’d buy it again for sure. I’m hoping to find the tropical one around here, too. Back to gym stuff!

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 156
Max Hr: 175
Calories Torched: 436
Distance: 5.1

Erica noticed that I used “burned” instead of “torched” yesterday in regards to my calories. Good eye, girl! I hadn’t noticed myself, but I definitely torched those babies!!

Lunch was more of last night’s fab dinner! Quiche and salad; 100_6959

Tasted just as good today, re heated. I’m going to have to keep the quiche idea tucked into my back pocket for an easy meal on a busy night. I ate the rest of the Lara Bar when lunch was done. I also sipped on an orange pecan hot cocoa; 100_6960

How’s that for a retro mug??? I used more powder this time and it was 100% better than yesterday’s drink. Oh la la!

The afternoon was spent keypunching. Fun times, let me tell you. I snacked on some grapes while labouring away, 100_6958

I also had a Stash tea because the office was cool for some reason this afternoon. 100_6957

Much to my chagrin, I had to make another trip back to the dentist after work so he could “fix” the filling he put in last June. Apparently a piece had broken off. Ugh. Needless to say, my mouth was still frozen at supper time. Not impressed. I made the ravioli bake for the fam and ended up having a scoop myself because it was soft. I put some kabocha on my plate, too; 100_6961

This meal was so blah….and difficult to eat. Eating it turned me into Miss Sassy Pants. :(

I just got back from the pool and I’m gonna try a tea shortly. Keep your fingers crossed that I don’t burn my face! At least I can feel my bottom lip now. I’ll be hitting the hay early tonight because DS has a 7:30 dr’s appointment in the morning which means I have to get out of bed 45 mins earlier than usual.

Candy confession time! 100_6955 100_6962

I actually didn’t end up eating the orange sucker in the top photo. Catch ya on the flip side!!

Bye for now!!

13 comments:

  1. I thought of you yesterday because I FINALLY got around to trying some of the Stash tea you sent me... SO GOOD!! I haven't forgotten our exchange either, I promise...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm likin' the word 'torched!!!' I definitely know the novacaine mouth--definitely makes eating not so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm PB&J lbar is super good :) just like a sammie

    you totally torched them cals girl keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PB&J Lara Bars!! I need to find some of them!

    Mmm, the quiche looked delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Krista. I've been reading your blog for a while now. I love it and I would just like to take a moment to commend you on your oat combos! All of your breakfasts look delicious! I LOVE OATS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tea sounds so nice... I still haven't picked up any "seasonal" tea...

    Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha YES! Thank you for the shout out! Glad you torched them today :) Sorry about the dentist trip- blah...hate the dentist. Those grapes look really fresh. I want to pick some up tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think quiche is always better the next day after it has the chance to sit and develop more flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your candy confessions. Makes me laugh a bit=) What a cool mug btw!! Im a huge tea person and try to collect random cool mugs. Very nice! Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're right, quiche is a really fantastic meal! So quick and delish. Your retro mug is so fun and fabulous! And oooh, I've got to pick up some pumpkin spice tea! (I've been drinking eggnog tea, which is a fav of mine, but the pumpkin spice sounds so good!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We’re devoted to making our patients feel comfortable and attractive in their smiles.
    It is why they look to us for dental problems.
    There’s no reason to think that you must conceal your smile any longer since we will assist you in getting that beautiful, flawless smile you’ve always dreamed of.
    We’re happy to discuss your concerns. Our goal is to make your visit easy and comfortable.
    dentist in santa clarita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Advance dental unionville offers restorative dentistry for child and adult patients. we offer dental services like dental implants, Invisalign, dental crown, emergency dentistry, tooth implants, cosmetic dentistry, and other dental services for your family.
    if you are looking for a dentist near unionville then stop searching and contact us now.
    Dental Implant Clinic in Unionville

    ReplyDelete
  13. Advance dental unionville offers restorative dentistry for child and adult patients. we offer dental services like dental implants, Invisalign, dental crown, emergency dentistry, tooth implants, cosmetic dentistry, and other dental services for your family.
    if you are looking for a dentist near unionville then stop searching and contact us now.
    Dentist Unionville CT

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!