Sunday, November 8, 2009

Just A Really Good Day

For some odd reason I was wide awake at 6:30am. I always thought getting up that early on a Sunday was against the rules! It did look pretty cool outside what with the thick fog we had. Check this out; 100_7012 100_7011

By 8 it had all burned off and the sun shone bright and beautiful for the rest of the day.

I wasn’t anywhere near feeling hungry so I decided to get some baking done. First up was a batch of Allie’s WW Pumpkin Raisin Scones; 100_7013

These turned out GREAT! I used a 1/4 cup of raisins and a 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts. I also sprinkled some cinnamon sugar on top pre baking. Then I set to work preparing a batch of Super Charge Me Cookies from ED&BV. 100_7028

Another hit although I feel badly for DD because she hates raisins and both these recipes have them. I promised her some non-raisin cookies this week. Speaking of the kids, they were actually well behaved while I was busy in the kitchen. DS had a word search going; 100_7023

And DD was rocking the Nintendo DS with some tunes playing; 100_7029

Breakfast was a good one when I finally got around to eating it. 100_7025

  • 1 cup water
  • 1/4 cup BRM 7 grain cereal
  • cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice
  • dried cranberries
  • pumpkin puree
  • chocolate honey
  • almond butter

100_7024

This ended up being a really big bowl of food! YUM!

Out at the farm the kids had their last hurrah on the trampoline before we took it down, 100_7036 100_7032 100_7034

It was the perfect day weather wise to get the job done. Last year it was so cold that I stayed in the house while it came down!

Lunch was an omelette made with some sautéed red pepper. I also toasted up an Ezekiel 4:9 English muffin and spread some raw hummus on top. 100_7041

Then I indulged in a super charge me cookie. I spent some time on the computer before hitting the shower to freshen up for the hockey game. We left the house about 2pm for DS’s 3:30 game. Although they lost (again), they played a strong game. The other team had a terrific goalie and we just couldn’t get many past the kid. One of the Dad’s drives a taxi part time and gave DD a camera that someone left in the cab a few months ago. I’m jealous! It’s better than the one I have!!! Here are a few shots that she took using it; GEDC1259

I LOVE that shot of her!! :D It’s going in a frame for sure.

GEDC1265

Me and my little man. Me in a hat = BAD hair day! I don’t often wear a hat because my ears are shaped weird. Meh, at least they work, right?!

GEDC1255

DD and her BFF, “K”. All the girls do at the games is take photos of each other and together. Some of them are a real hoot! K actually did some scrap booking with them and it turned out awesome. Now that DD has her own camera she’d like to do the same.

We grabbed Subway for the drive home. I got a little crazy tonight and tried the flat bread. If you haven’t tried it yet, DON’T!!! I was extremely disappointed. I had all my regular fillings (turkey, Swiss, lettuce, tomato, grn pepper, cuke, blk olives and sweet onion sauce), but the bread ruined it. It was just like pasty white bread that gets all stuck in your teeth like glue. Blah. Live and learn, right? Next time I’ll be going back to my WW bread. Anywho, here’s the beast : 100_7044

Looks pretty innocent, eh? Do not be fooled! Once we got home and settled, I warmed up a scone and enjoyed it with a mango apple tea.

Candy confession time! I did really good today. There’s not much left in the bags that turns my crank, so I may be done with the junk real soon! I did munch on an unpictured mini Wonderbar at the game as well as a French cap that my hubby bought me. Here’s the Skittles I ate; 100_7043

Before I go, I wanted to try something that I’ve seen a few bloggers do that I think is really neat. If there’s anything you would like to know about me or my life, please ask me in the comment section of this post. I hope to get enough questions to put together a Q&A post for you all. Don’t be shy….I’m not! :D Looking forward to seeing what you would all like me to spill the beans about.

Hope you’ve all enjoyed the weekend!!! Here’s to a fab Monday, right?!

Bye for now!!

12 comments:

  1. Those first two photos looks like scenes from 'Twilight' - love it :)



    Question for you - what is one activity that you've been dying to try?

    ReplyDelete
  2. when did your weightloss journey begin, and how is it juggling two young kids and a hubby?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics this morning! The goodies looked super yummy ... especially the scones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your baked goods all look delish, especially those scones! I've never made scones, but I feel inspired! :)

    I love the idea of your Q&A, how fun! Ok, a couple of Qs...what's your favorite dish (to make or eat)?, and what would you do if you could do anything for a day?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think fog is so mysterious--except I hate it when I am trying to drive, it makes me dizzy!

    I loved my trampoline--I actually just sold it like 2 yrs ago lol!

    For Q&A I was wondering what your growing up situation was--did you have brothers/sisters..and what did you participate in during highschool?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh what fog! i love the stuff!

    oh trampoline! i would love to get back on one of those! it's been YEARS!

    and your kids are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh I agree with you on the flatbread sammy from Subway...narsty!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the fall fun pics! :) Looks like a really good day indeed!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow 6:30 on a sunday IS early! You're good for getting up! And you got some good baked goods action in there too :)

    I wanna know how you and your hubs met!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the pics adn your kids are beautiful! I am sure you hear that all the time, and its so true!!

    i Love running in the AM when the sun is rising, its so peaceful...best time to clear my head!!\
    those scones and oatmeal are calling my nameeee

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to see you tried out the scones!! Great idea with the cinnamon sugar topping! I've gotta try it with some nuts too....I'm thinking [my all-time addiction] pecans....who wouldn't guessed?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a big believer in getting kids cameras - they have an interesting perspective on the world, and often come up with some great shots. Anything to foster some creativity.

    Great baked goods. I have seriously slacked on the baking front now that I've moved back home. I should really get back in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!