Thursday, November 12, 2009

My Head Hurts

Today has been a real emotional day what with my friends brothers funeral and all. I didn’t really eat much, either so this will be kinda short. I started the day out with some pumpkin oats; 100_7093

100_7092

I went to work for a couple of hours before the funeral, but didn’t really get much accomplished. My mind just wasn’t focused enough. The funeral itself was pretty rough, but seeing as he knew he was ill, he was able to arrange to have things done they way he wanted. I’m sure knowing that things were taken care of gave him some peace of mind. There was a luncheon afterwards, but it certainly wasn’t the time to photograph my food. I had a piece of a tuna salad sandwich and a piece of an egg salad sandwich along with some fruit and a brownie square.

Later in the afternoon I had a piece of vegan pumpkin loaf that I found hanging out in the fridge; 100_7094

DD had skating lessons tonight so I packed my dinner to eat at the rink. I had made Yves veggie sausages and sautéed peppers and onions. 100_7096

Sausage and peppers is one of my favourite combos. Too bad I had no bun to nestle all this into! I just finished eating a bowl of pomegranate goodness before typing this out. 100_7097

Getting all these little jewels out is a pain in the rear, but SO worth it!

I’m just gonna hang out tonight and then aim for a good night’s sleep. I’m gonna need ALL my energy for a day of power shopping in Buffalo! Macy’s, Kohl’s, Target, Legman's & Panera……here I come!!! :D

Bye for now!!

16 comments:

  1. Wishing you a restful, peaceful evening **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you had a rough day. Get some rest and treat yourself to something special tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomorrow will be brighter! I still think it is a crazy coincidence that you are going to my hometown on my birthday! (or maybe it only amuses me but oh well)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you had such a rough day. Here's hoping tomorrow helps your spirits lift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for the rough day - my thoughts are with all of you. It's never easy to lose someone.

    Good luck tomorrow and enjoy that Panera :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funerals are really tough :( They can definitely be energy and appetite sappers.
    I like that you added cranberry sauce to your pumpkin oats. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a restful evening.

    Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry about your day and hope that you get some rest tonight for all the funness tomorroW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you have a relaxing and restful evening.

    Have a wonderful time tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree--pom seeds are a tad annoying. I hope you feel better soon--so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh... sorry to know about a rough day.. funeral is always depressing. but glad you have a fun shopping trip planned! :D so looking forward to see your purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy shopping! Rough days like that are OK to eat less. I hope that shopping helps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My prayers are with your friends family--a little retail therapy will definitely boost your spirits--can't wait for all the goodies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. have fun shopping. sorry about your rough day=/

    ReplyDelete
  15. so sorry you had a rough day. at least your oats probably cheered you up a little bit. Hang in there, love!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww I hope you have a kick butt day today in Buffalo to make up for the rough day yesterday :)

    shop till you drop girl ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!