Sunday, November 22, 2009

Santa Has Arrived

DD spent the night at a friends house so it was nice and quiet this morning. Not that she is loud, it’s just that DS had no one to fight with! :D I enjoyed my bowl of oats while blog reading. Nice… 100_7270

  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup PC 5 grain cereal
  • cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice
  • raisins
  • pumpkin puree
  • chocolate honey
  • cashew butter

100_7269

Nom, nom!

I hopped in the shower before DD came home so I was at least presentable when she got dropped off. People who don’t normally see me in the morning would probably be pretty shocked at how bad I look. ;) Plus, we had a special party to go to at 11! My work held their kids Christmas party today and the kids were quite excited for it! Many crafts were made; 100_7277 100_7283

And presents were handed out by the big guy himself! 100_7286 100_7284

Pizza was served for lunch. I had a small slice of cheese pizza as well as an almond butter/pear ginger jam sandwich that I took along; 100_7271

We were home by 1:30, but not for long because DS had a 3pm hockey game. They tied 3-3 today which was awesome because they were losing 3-1 until the last 4 minutes of the game! Here they are celebrating after the 3rd goal was scored; 100_7292

By the time we got back home it was time to get supper cooking. My hubby BBQ’d some chicken breasts and I warmed up a pot of beans and the leftover broccoli from last night. Here’s what my plate looked like; 100_7294

My sweet end was 3 chocolate chip cookies along with a chamomile tea at my parents place.

I’m just tucking in now to watch The Amazing Race. DS has 6am practice in the morning so it will be an early bedtime for sure. How was everybody’s weekend? Do anything special/fun?

Bye for now!!

11 comments:

  1. Haha my parents always let me know how quiet the house was when I was gone :) Cute photos with a slim-lookin' Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Christmas party looks like fun!

    Hubby and I actually got to go on a little date yesterday for a few hours; it was fun.

    Wow. You do have an early wake-up call...

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Krista! Sorry I haven't commented in a while; I've been reading regularly but WordPress wasn't letting me log in. >:O Since you asked, this weekend I actually saw Jerry Seinfeld live (stand-up) at Foxwoods in CT. Fun times, but sadly not much time left over for school work! Time for some zzzs ~ your bowl of oatmeal has me looking forward to breakfast already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun day! Glad the work party was a success! And that the boys tied. Weekend was great- can't believe its over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad that you had a great sunday! Mine was a blast! I went to a new yoga studio and had a hot vinyasa class! oh man! that was intense! I have all my mat sweat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that bowl used to hodl the beans is so pretty!!!

    your kids are adorable :)

    happy monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chocolate honey looks so creamy! Woohoo for the tie - that's great!! Looks like a fun work party :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! santa is hilarious :) i'm excited for all the fake santas (or real haha) to start popping up everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun day! Your Christmas party sounds like it was so much fun (I love Christmas crafts!). Nice job on the tie...great comeback!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to go back to the oats now that it is getting colder.

    What a great Christmas party! My girls would have had a blast because they love crafts :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!