Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Dinner On The Run

Hi guys!! Everyone have a good hump day? I’m betting that quite a few of you are uber excited for tomorrow, no?? LOL! Well, the day dawned foggy, damp and wet. Better than snow any day, I say! This time last year we already had a whack of the white stuff. I just hope we don’t get majorly dumped on when it does decide to rear its ugly white head! 100_7332
-1/2 cup water, ½ cup USVAB
-1/4 cup Quaker oats
-1/2 cup Weetabix crumbs
-cinnamon
-pumpkin puree
-crunchy PB & chocolate honey 100_7330
LOVE!

Work was busy today so it went FAST. Before I knew it, it was almost lunch. I pulled out my snack and went to town! 100_7333
The cranberry orange nut bread Clif bar is awesome! Has anyone else tried it yet? I loved the strong orange vs. the subtle cranberry. I really, really hope I can find the season Clif’s around here ASAP!

It was hot date Wednesday with good ole Mr. Elliptical today! He’s a pro at getting me all hot and sweaty! :D

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 147
Max Hr: 168
Calories Torched: 393
Distance: 4.5 miles

Lunch was the last Al Fresco chicken sausage with a nice helping of jade grain blend. I added a wee bit of butter to moisten the grains up and oh la la, the fabulous flavour!! There was also some really good quality Dijon for dipping. 100_7334
When the clock struck 4:30 I was out the door faster than a cat with turpentine up its ass! I had 30 minutes to pick up the fam and drive to the next town over (about 20 minutes away) so that DS was ready to get on the ice for a 5:20 training sesh with his team at the Hockey Loft. PHEW! As per the menu plan for tonight, last night I made the chicken Caesar salad wraps for the fam. Mine contained goat brie and chicken tossed in a raspberry walnut dressing. 100_7338
YUM! Although it was a bit awkward to eat in the Jeep! And the picture is REALLY bad! ;)

I just sat down to watch “The Biggest Loser: Where Are They Now?” Should be an interesting show! I’m definitely curious to see what some of the contestants look like after life on the ranch!

Bye for now!!

5 comments:

  1. I love that seasonal Clif--YUM!!

    I watched BL where are they now while ellipticalling with my mom :) What inspirational stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that lovely bowl of oats! pumpkin is the key to everything yum~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wrap with goat brie, chicken, & raspberry walnut dressing sounds great!

    I hope you had a nice evening. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually just bought my mom that Clif bar to put in her big snack basket I am making her for Christmas--she's a big fan of Clifs, so I am sure she'll like it if you did! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!