Monday, November 9, 2009

Meal Planning: Week 2

Happy Monday!! Call me nuts, but Monday is my favourite day of the week. Not only do I find it a fresh start, it tends to be the quickest moving work day of the week. Two thumbs up in my book! And being that it IS Monday, I made sure to use coffee as the liquid in my breakfast this morning. 100_7051

-1 cup coffee
-1/3 cup sunrise blend with quinoa
-cinnamon
-pumpkin puree
-cashew baby 100_7049

So, about the cashew baby….I tried my hand at making them this weekend, but my Magic Bullet was not too happy with me. It was actually smoking mad. Literally. I ended up adding a wee bit of water which helped the mix along, but made them too soft to roll to into balls. I stuck the mixture in the fridge for a few hours which enabled me to form them, but the consistency is too smooth for my liking. But they taste great! Not one to waste food, I decided to use the balls as a spread and/or oat topping. Worked like a charm. :)

Last week’s meal plan worked out lovely. It was a relief to come home and know what was happening for dinner. Here is what week 2 is looking like;

Meal Planning: Week 2

Monday - Dance (6-6:45)
-pork tenderloin/corn/ Aztec grain blend

Tuesday – Pilate’s (6:15-7:15)
-roasted turkey/steamed veggies/couscous

Wednesday – Hockey (4:30-5:30) & Swimming (7-8)
-sandwiches made with leftover meat from Mon & Tues for the road

Thursday – Skating (5:30-6:20)
-sausage on a bun/roasted bell peppers

Friday – Away in USA
-fam to enjoy whatever they choose!!

I’m thinking it looks fairly straight forward!

I snagged the last pumpkin & raisin scone for my morning snack. 100_7053

These went so quick that I think I’ll make another batch. And I’ll keep my promise to DD by using chocolate chips this time.

I enjoyed another really wonderful run at the gym today. I seemed to hit my groove right off the bat. Wish that would happen every run!

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 160
Max Hr: 180
Calories Torched: 466
Distance: 4.6 miles

I grabbed a serving of Moroccan chickpea stew from the freezer this morning for lunch. 100_7054

This stew has the best smell once it’s heated up. As I was walking back to my desk people were commenting on how good it smelled. I must’ve sat at my desk staring at this piece of food for a good minute… 100_7055

I couldn’t for the life of me remember adding yellow pepper to the recipe. It finally hit me that it was a piece of plumped up apricot! DUH!! Smack’s self on forehead. :D I chased this lunch with some raspberries. 100_7056

Dinner was as per the meal plan for the week. DS usually has hockey practice Monday night’s but its tomorrow at 6am instead. While getting up early is a pain, it was nice to eat as a family instead of 2 + 2. I roasted the pork tenderloin and served it with some corn and Aztec grain blend; 100_7059

The Aztec blend was really hearty and filling. It looks a wee bit cloudy because of the steam coming off it. There’s lentils, split peas, wild rice and a few other goodies in there. YUM!

While the pork was in the oven I set out making some dessert. When I read about Mama Peas cinnamon rolls, I knew I HAD to try them out! Here they are getting set to rise before hitting the oven; 100_7058

And looking perfect out of the oven; 100_7062

You bet that the one missing was on a plate waiting for me! Moan, indeed, Mama Pea!!! Each of us ate one and each of us lurved them! A lot! Too bad there’s only 2 left. I guess I’ll have to split one with somebody??

Project Feed Me update: This week’s food item is peanut butter. Also, you must check out Natalie’s blog for a really cool contest to A) get the word out about PFM and B) help her sister launch her new watch design site. There are some really cool pieces to be had!

Candy confession time! 100_7061 100_7052

Bye for now!!

15 comments:

  1. scone and cinnamon rolls both look fabulous!!! I want to live close by your place so I can benefit from your baking skills! :)
    love candy confession! hahaha......

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE MamaPea's cinnamon roll recipe!!


    I see a Hershey's Cookies n' Creme bar - those used to be among my favorite candy bars :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! My Magic Bullet's going to hafta have a talk with yours and tell him (her?) to shape up! I'm so sorry :(

    But the cinnamon rolls look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing those cinnamon rolls everywhere! They look so good. Nice job on the meal planning! I love the idea using the leftover meat on the sammies. Nice job on the lunch time torching :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your brekkie sounds delightful! I may borrow the coffee as the liquid idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cinnamon rolls look awesome! And great job with the meal planning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really need to try these cinnamon rolls.
    I love having leftovers in the freezer for work lunches! People always say, "How do you have time to cook like that?" and it's so easy if you just make a big stew and freeze individual portions! I think anyone could do it!
    I have a TON of leftover spaghetti squash after last night!!! Hey, maybe we could trade? I'll swap you one Moroccan Chick Pea Stew for one Spaghetti Squash Primavera! Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you tried and liked both recipes! They look LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahah I do the same thing sometimes when I cook and see something I don't reconize in there and I freak out a bit!...glad you realized that it was the apricot! those cinnamon rolls look fantastic..well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too bad the cashew babies didn't turn out--they sound soo good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so impressed with our menu planning. I used to do that last school year but kind of let it go.

    Those cinnamon rolls look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha so funny that you stared at that piece of food forever and couldnt remember how it got in there!

    the meal planning looks great :) I'll be coming over on tuesday for turkey. haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your menu sounds great! I love having a leftover night, not only to use up all the food instead of throwing it out, but also because it gives me a night off! :)

    Wow, those cinnamon rolls look FANTASTIC! I think I'll give the recipe a try later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH MY! I better get on the Target stuff! I'll email you tonight!
    P.S. Meal plan looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is there anything better than fresh baked cinnamon rolls? I don't think so. Those look awesome - I'll have to check out the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!