Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day at the Rink

Happy Saturday,everyone! I pretty much spent the day at one rink or another so this post will be pretty short. Here’s breakfast; 100_7001

  • 3/4 cup of leftover vanilla bean latte
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/3 cup oat bran
  • trail mix

100_6999

DD didn’t finish her latte last night and it was a sweet treat to use in my breakfast. I could get use to it….but I won’t! :)

I did a few chores around the house before we left for hockey. Manon was at the game with more raw treats for me! She’s really been spoiling me with all her great food. There were containers of broad zucchini noodles with a raw peanut sauce, more (thin) zucchini noodles with a raw marinara, raw chocolate mousse with cashew cream and raw chocolate type balls that I can’t quite remember the name of. You just know that I was looking forward to lunch, right? 100_7003

This is the peanut sauce one. Here’s a close up; 100_7004

This sauce was stellar. Creamy with a nice, rich peanut flavour. I just realized when downloading my photos that I neglected to take a picture of the marinara noodles. They , too, were awesome. The sauce was fresh tasting with a nice kick of spice to it. I had 2 of the balls, as well. I’ll have to ask her again tomorrow what the actual name is! 100_7005

Somehow I managed to save the mousse for tomorrow!

After more chores around the house, but before heading back out to the rink for an extra practice, I ate some goat’s milk yogurt with cranberry sauce that I made this morning; 100_7006

This is a favourite combination these days. It truly reminds me of cheesecake!

I needed something fast for dinner tonight and the fan requested tacos so I pulled out an Old El Paso soft taco kit for them and I ate my last 3 mini pizza’s with a small side salad consisting of iceberg lettuce (not the best, but green!), a tomato and a scoop of Manon’s raw sunflower seed pate; 100_7009

What a rough picture! Good food, though. My parents stopped by just as we were finishing up so I drank a coffee with a splash of Bailey’s for a sweet end/treat.

That about sums up my day. We have an out of town game tomorrow afternoon, but the rest of the day should be pretty low key. I’m hoping to get some baking and dinner prep for our busy week ahead done.

Candy confession time;

100_7010

The wrappers of the side were chocolate’s. Also, I drank a Grande skinny caramel Brule latte from Starbuck’s but didn’t have my camera on me for a picture. It was YUMMY!!

Bye for now!!

7 comments:

  1. Mmm... the peanut sauce looks good.

    I'm still rocking my Halloween candy too. =)

    Hope you are having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your latte with the oat bran...brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all of the raw foods, they look completely delicious! Spoiled! :)

    I sure like the idea of a healthified cheesecake substitute too. I guess I've gotta pick up some goat's milk yogurt to try!

    I did my fair share of halloween candy snacking yesterday too... eek!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of that food looks fabulous! I wish I had some chocolate on hand right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm breakie looked so good!!! And that peanut sauce?? So delish!

    I love your blog posts...they always make me hugry ;)

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am giving you an award in my mind for the most creative use of a leftover latte I've ever seen! Way to go and not be wasteful. I might even give you a shout out for this creative feat on my blog later today. Yes, I will, most definitely I will. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That peanut sauce sounds so good! I could definitely find infinite uses for that! And I love the idea of a cheesecake substitute...I'll definitely be trying that!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!