Wednesday, April 29, 2009

All For The Free Stuff!

Good news!!! I woke up to a nice bright sunny morning! Still on the cool side but with rain in the forecast for the next 5 days, I’ll take it!

I made myself another blended breakfast bowl this morning!
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Quaker oats
-cinnamon
-a few mango pieces
-1/3 of a package silken tofu
-shredded coconut and walnut pieces
The only thing I wish I had was some coconut extract! I forgot I was out until I went looking for it!

Today’s the day we run all our payrolls so it was a busy one. I ate my dates at morning break to please my sweet tooth. Can you believe I forgot to take a picture! I bet you’re all relieved! :)

I went on the treadmill for a 45 minute walk at the gym today. As padded as my tush is, it was not about to tolerate a third day on that bike seat! Staring at a wall while walking for 45 minutes is not a real fun adventure. We’re supposed to be getting some flat screen wall mounted TV’s in there soon. That will be a treat!

Time: 45 minutes
Avg Hr: 135
Max Hr: 157
Calories Burned: 306
Distance: 3.3 miles


Not too shabby for a walk! When I see the therapist on Monday I hope he tells me that I can at least hop on the elliptical, though.

Lunch today looked and tasted just kinda meh which is disappointing because I was really looking forward to eating it! I found some leftover veggies in the fridge and decided to mix them up with a can of turkey. That the turkey was canned should’ve been my first clue. Then I mixed it up with the last of my 3 berry salad dressing.
It wasn’t horrible by any means; I just wasn’t digging the turkey part. I was stringy and not what I had expected. Oh, well! Ya win some and lose some! The end part of lunch was awesome, though! I gobbled up a square of my Blueberry Almond Cornbread!
And later in the day I finished my fruit salad from yesterday….
You all may or may not have noticed that I haven’t been shredding the past few days. I decided to hold off until my ankles are strong again. I really feel like I’m not getting the maximum umpf from the workout that I wanted. I plan to start over again as soon as I ‘m able! Also, because the DVD could possibly have had a hand in my current situation, when I start up again I will be doing the beginner’s cardio where high impact is required on the feet. The plank jumping jacks would be a good example of what I mean.

On the bright side, look what came in the mail today!
FREE Kashi! I'm on a roll in regards to free food items this week!! :)

For dinner I made the fam a box of Hamburger Helper courtesy of Mr. C's pantry clean out. I haven't bought/ate that stuff in what seems like 100 years and I wasn't about to start again today! One look at the ingredients on a box of that stuff should send people running! But, it is swim night and it is quick to make and most importantly, the kids liked it. There is another box left and one of chicken helper (never even heard of that one) and then it'll probably be another 100 years before it graces my shelves again. I, on the other hand, cooked up a SOL burger that got topped with a LC wedge, lettuce, ketchup, whole grain mustard and hot peppers. All served up in a toasted English muffin. I pan fried some brussel sprouts on the side that I jazzed up with too many dried spices to remember! They were fantastico!
After eating this delicious spread and cleaning up the kitchen, I sat down to a Cravings macaroon;
Now, I must jet with the kids to the pool for their swimming lessons. This also means I have an hour to read and/or socialize! Enjoy your evening, all!!!

Bye for now!!




8 comments:

  1. That SOL burger looks like a flower :) How cute!! I think those cornbread squares sound amazing!

    Have fun at swim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that breakfast combo looks delicious!!!! coconut extract? what's that? I've never heard of it? it's like vanilla extract?
    Oh....I tried the coconut butter this morning and it was amazing!!!!!! love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely not a fan of canned turkey/chicken either. It's just weird. Canned fish yes, any other canned meat? I'll pass.

    Tasty looking oats this morning :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, how did you cook those brussel sprouts??

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing blended bowl! I wish I could taste that cornbread...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We almost bought canned turkey today while doing groceries until I brushed off the suggestion and told my mom canned turkey was a little too sketchy for my liking. Guess I was right on that front haha.

    I just got the free Kashi coupon too. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. free box of kashi you lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAHHHH, I got that coupon too!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!