Sunday, April 12, 2009

Laid Back Easter Sunday

HAPPY EASTER, everyone!! I hope everyone had a great day whether or not you celebrate Easter.

The kids were pretty excited about what the Easter bunny may have brought them and were up nice and early to check it out. I was so not ready to get out of bed!!! I lounged around for a bit and once my back started getting a little stiff from lying there, I decided to get up. I wasn't hungry at all and didn't really feel like anything so I sat at the computer for a while and gave myself the chance to actually feel an appetite. After almost an hour I was really craving my oats so off I went to make them!!

-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Quaker oats
-cinnamon
-mashed up strawberries and banana
-pecans, walnuts and almonds for a crunchy topping
I really enjoyed my breakfast today!

Once we were all dressed and fed, we made our way to the farm for our weekly visit. The sun was shining brightly, but it was cold outside. Brrr!!! I drank a coffee to warm me up and dunked 3 cookies into while I was at it! Love coffee (or tea) dunked cookies! Yum!

I made myself a quick lunch when we got home. I actually stole the idea from Coco who made it on her blog the other day!!
This is 1 cup of blueberries, a splash of unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze and about a 1/3 cup of silken tofu that I blended together in the Magic Bullet and left in the fridge to set. I sprinkled some Nature's Path Agave Plus granola on top for some crunch. This was really tasty and I'm eager to try it out with different fruit flavours soon! I also ate 2 biscuits with some homemade PB spread on top.
You can see from the way they fit in my hand that these were small biscuits! Then, for a bit of a sweet end, I ate this chocolate bunny with my secret weapons on the side....mints!
The mints take the chocolate taste out of my mouth so I don't crave more!

I relaxed with my book for a bit and had full intentions of doing my 30 Day Shred before going to my parents place, but I somehow found myself taking an afternoon siesta!!! That's very odd for me so I must have needed the rest!

I was feeling a bit hungry before we left so I snacked on a few Mary's Organic crackers and a blood orange before we left.


I certainly didn't want to go there starving and over eat as a result!

My parents eat pretty early so by 4:30 we were at the dinner table. Mom had lasagna which I passed on. Instead, I went right for a salad with light French dressing and a bun with a smear of butter;
Next up was stuffed pork tenderloin, roasted sweet potatoes and green beans...
Even though the pork was wicked, I could not finish it all and about 3 hunks went back to the platter. The sweet potatoes were fabulous! My sis made a cherry cheesecake for dessert which I love but had to pass on. The last 3 times I ate traditional cheesecake, I was up sick all night. Not going there again if I can help it! Too bad because it looked like one rocking cheesecake!! Instead, I ate 3 of my very favourite chocolate chip cookies as a sweet end. (these are the ones that Mom puts out when we're there for our normal Sunday night visit).
It was a terrific meal, but I expect no less from my Mom because she is a marvelous cook! You always know you're gonna eat well when you go there! I'm now sitting here in my PJ's with a big mug of hot lemon water. The Amazing Race will be on soon so I'll be tucking in to watch that. I didn't get my shredding in today, but I'm off work tomorrow so I'll finish level 1 in the morning and tap into level 2 either before or after dinner. No worries. Hope everybody enjoys the rest of the evening!

Bye for now!!

14 comments:

  1. SWEET POTATOES!!!! :-D


    Happy Easter, dear Krista!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Sorry to hear about the cheesecake incidents! Looks like you guys had a great day celebrating :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the candles in the background of your oats. :) Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter. Coffee dunked cookies are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great easter! everything looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wooo..... your blended tofu and blueberries look amazing! I'll add more blueberries next time! :)
    that craker is my favorite crakers, they're so crunchy~
    dinner sounds delicious too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your idea about the mints and chocolate... I may have to try that. Otherwise I can inhale whatever is put in front of me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm, what a terrific easter!
    Oh, and thanks for the coupons in the mail for the bread! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to try those crackers, they look yummy :) Glad you had a good easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great Easter! I am such a fan of homemade biscuits- there truly is nothing like them! Love the PB spread on top too! Hope this week treats you well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a nice Easter! Hope you enjoy your time off today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you had and fabulous Ester Krista. Glad to hear that.
    Cheers,
    elra

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun Easter! I love coffee dunked cookies, too :o)

    The blueberry concoction from Coco looks amazing! I have some silken tofu that still needs to be used up. Those mini biscuits are super cute, too!

    Good call on the mints with chocolate - sometimes I eat a piece of deli meat to get the sweet taste out of my mouth. It works like a charm, haha!

    Yay for an excellent meal from mom! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!