Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Level Two

Ahhh, here we are, back to the first day of the work week. For me, anyways!!! I’d been lying if I said that getting up this morning was a breeze! I stayed in bed until the last possible minute and still groaned when I got up! Nothing a shower can’t take care of though! I was lazy last night and left lunches for this morning to be made so I only had enough time for a quickie breakfast!
-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Quaker oats
-cinnamon
-mashed banana
-1 tbsp PB2
-Enjoy Life Foods trail mix
It may not have been fancy, but it was good none the less! I also tried a new tea this morning...
This was very very good. It was light in flavour and had a really nice aroma!

The morning went by very quickly as there’s lots of catch up to do from the long weekend. My breakfast must’ve been heartier then usual because I wasn’t hungry for a morning snack at all! I decided I’d better eat something before going to the gym so I pulled out my strawberries and a few prunes about 45 minutes before I left my desk.

I played around on the treadmill today varying speeds and inclines for 45 minutes. My speed went between 6-6.5 mph and the incline form 0.5%-3%. This really made the time fly and got a good sweat going to boot! I also did 3 sets of tricep dips.

Time: 50 minutes
Avg Hr: 170
Max Hr: 180
Calories Burned: 473
Distance: 4.6 miles (7.37km)

I noticed right away that my average HR was high than usual today. I credit the incline with that!

Lunch today was veggies and a Clover Leaf Fresh Thai Herb tuna steak.

I totally love these tuna steaks for last minute lunches!!! This one has a nice kick to it that leaves a party in my mouth long after my plate is clean!!!

I spent the afternoon like a drone keypunching away. Blah! At least it’s mindless work so I can think about other, more important things….like what dinner might be! Just before leaving for the day I ate a pear that I chopped into bite size pieces.
I also ate literally 3 bites of this Clif Bar.
I had originally cut in in half and put one piece in DS's lunch. The rest was suppose to be my pre gym snack, but I wasn't hungry for it. I saved the rest for tomorrow. Overall, I really enjoyed this flavour! This and the pear fueled me through my very first day of level 2 on the 30 Day Shred.

So, level two kicked my ass! It was certainly much harder than level one!!! Walking push ups? Pretty hard to complete when I can't even do a proper push up!!! I tried and almost landed on my face! I'm determined to get strong enough to do this by the time I'm done the 30 days!! All in all, I really liked this level. It seemed to go by faster then the first....probably because I was half dead when it was over!! I'm eager to compare my measurements at the end, too! Don't worry, I'll share them with you, too....good or bad!!

Before I popped the DVD in, I got a pork tenderloin ready to go in the oven. I just gave it a few good shakes of salt and pepper and let it got for 20 minutes. Once I was done the workout, I pulled the pork out and coated it with this sauce...
It called Memories of Damascus...tangy pomegranate sauce. Here's the description that's on the side of the bottle. I hope you can see it okay!
It had a nice tang to it and the kids liked it , too which is always a good thing!! I cooked the meat another 15 minutes or so, then let it rest for 5 before slicing it up. I prepared some steamed asparagus and WW couscous as my sides.
Don't be shocked to see the exact same meal for my lunch tomorrow!!! There was lots leftover for my hubby's dinner at work tomorrow, too. I found myself eating a piece of crispy chocolate bunny, but I managed to get away from eating it all on my poor child by grabbing this Cadbury Almond Thin instead....
There was also a handful of carob chips, but I'm done that nonsense now!! After I get the kids lunches ready, I plan on making a honking mug of tea and sitting down to enjoy The Biggest Loser. Ahhh, relaxation! Don't forget to email your BSI: LEMON recipes to kristaskravings@gmail.com!!

Bye for now!!

15 comments:

  1. Fun new tea and pomegranate sauce!!

    Level 2 = no pain, no gain ;-)


    Night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to check out that PC sauce, I'd test it out on my tofu! Triceps, a long run, and the shred today? You are inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I liked Tuna! Its so good for you and I love how convenient it is! Great looking dinner too- pork loin- yum! Glad Level 2 kicked your booty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, super delicious eats!!! That sauce sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a pretty bowl you had your oats in! You're going to be ripped after the Shred ;) Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that tea sounds so interesting! love its package, so fancy!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those tuna steaks look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I plan on starting to Shred as soon as I get back to the UK (well, as soon as I order the dvd and receive it that is!!).

    Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That lunch looks delicious!...well except for the fact that I found that tuna to be way to spicy when I tried it a while ago...

    ReplyDelete
  10. pomegranate sauce! wow! sounds utterly orgasmically delicious! have fun experimenting with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love runsarah's idea about the PC sauce and tofu!!!

    Walking pushups? That is insane!! Good luck with the 'man pushups'. Nothing feels cooler than being able to do a bunch of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh! that tea looks awesome :) nice workout!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never go to the store than sells PC products, mostly because it's completely out of the way, but it seems like they do have some good things to try out. Both the tea & sauce look tasty.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!