Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Magic Bullet Wonders

All day today I had to keep reminding myself that it was Tuesday, not Wednesday! ARGH!!! Don’t you hate when that happens?? If you haven’t noticed yet, please check out my sidebar when you have some time. I’ve re done my profile and finally figured out how to link my recipes so that they show in an alphabetical column as opposed to a list. They should be much easier to see now!

Here’s breakfast!
-1 cup water
-1/2 cup cream of wheat
-cinnamon
-banana
-PB2
-carob chips & almond slivers
Ahhh, back to my favourite combination of flavours!

Back tracking a bit to last night...I was feeling some hot chocolate to take the rainy chill out of my bones so I decided to get a little fancy with it. I combined 1/2 cup soy with 1/2 cup water in the Magic Bullet then added the HC packet. I let that whip around for a good minute to get all frothy then popped it in the microwave to heat up....
OMG! So. Good!!!

Work went by a little faster today which is a plus. I snacked on some of nature’s candy mid morning…
This was the last of my figs which is sad because it was a good batch! I also snacked on half a piece of Banana Bread before the gym;
Keeping my aching ankles in mind at the gym today, I did a 25 minute fast walk on the treadmill while I waited for the elliptical to open up. Once it did, I hopped on for 30 minutes. I really pushed the envelope time wise today, but lucky for me, nobody seemed to notice that I got back to my desk a little late!

Time: 55 minutes
Avg Hr: 148
Max Hr: 174
Calories Burned: 446
Distance: 5 miles (elliptical/treadmill combined)

I made the world’s fastest soup last night for my lunch today!!! Here’s what I did (please note that I didn’t measure anything so the amounts are not 100%)

Cauliflower Spinach Soup

-1 cup cauliflower
-2 big handfuls of baby spinach
-1/4 cup onion
-1/2 cup vegetable broth/water
-1 Laughing Cow cheese wedge
-salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, coriander

*add all ingredients to Magic Bullet (or blender/food processor)
*whirl until smooth
*bring to a boil, then let simmer for a few minutes
*serve

The flavour of this soup was fantastic. And look how green it is!!! I ran it through Spark People and came up with 99 calories, 3.2g fat, 7.3g fibre for the whole shebang! I ate a serving of Mary’s Organic Crackers with it.
I also ate the rest of my banana bread as my lunch dessert. A juicy orange was my “just before” going home snack!
I decided to just veg out for a bit when I got home tonight instead of jumping right into the Shred DVD. I was feeling a little overwhelmed for some reason and just couldn't face any sort of activity. I made myself a cup of coffee and watched TV for 1/2 an hour before getting supper started. That did the trick!!!

Speaking of supper, I made/ate something tonight that I haven't had in ages....Manwich! I found the lonely can at the back of my pantry and decided to put it to use. No, you all know me well enough to know that I didn't cook it up with regular old ground beef! I had to healthify it a bit! I used ground white turkey meat instead. The kids had theirs on cheese buns, I had mine on an English muffin with a side of spinach salad drizzled with TJ's Cranberry Walnut Gorganzola dressing.
What a fun meal!! My sweet end was this bar that I got in my package from Coco....
Tasty little treat, it was!! It was like an Italian cookie filled with some dark chocolate yummy stuff!
Some chocolate covered edamame may have also fell victim to my mouth!

Now that my dinner has had a chance to digest some, I'll be doing my shredding. I think that due to my ankles I will skip the cardio part tonight. I'll work on abs while they're jumping around! I really, really want my ankles to stop hurting!!!! After that will be Biggest Loser time. Don't forget all the kid related stuff that I'll be squeezing in there, too!! :) Hope you all enjoy the night!!!

Bye for now!!

14 comments:

  1. Looove your breakfast, banana bread, and soup!!

    Enjoy shredding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy eats! That green soup is so pretty! Love that color green :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your ankle feels better! You've inspired me to branch out with my magic bullet recipes, soup is an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the magic bullet! So convenient, so easy to clean! That thing rocks. Love the soup. The bright green color is so springy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, totally want to try those crackers, and do the same as you did. Mmmmm, yum yum. Plus, my favorite color is green, so perfect! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy to say that I can have this breakfast combo tomorrow!!!!! :D
    And that green soup looks soooo amazing!!! Really worth trying! I'm using my blender in such a way that I haven't never used before.... why it took me so long to realize how magic it is.

    Glad u tried that chocolate bar.... it's such a good treat for such low calorie, right?

    Thank you Krista!!! You really made my day with that package with full of surprises!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, fun soup. Why have I not tried whizzing stuff up to make an impromptu soup before? Gotta love the fluorescent green colour :D

    Hopefully your ankles stop acting up, and that there isn't anything wrong with your tendons or something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That's some green soup! It's giving the Green Monster a run for its money!!! :oP

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many of my favorite things in this post: Magic Bullet, Cream of Wheat, and cauliflower soup! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Manwich! My parents used to make that for us as kids! You just brought me back 18 years! :)

    I should be getting 30 Day Shred any day in the mail now... I cannot wait to try it. Have you noticed many changes?

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  11. That soup is SO vibrant but sounds SO good!!

    Manwich takes me back to childhood - I loved that stuff!! That dessert is amazing! You guys have all the fun candy (Coffee Crisp?! Hello?!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahh that soup looks INSSANELY good! i wish i had some magic bullet lovin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't had manwich in years, but good god I want some now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!