Monday, April 6, 2009

Not Funny, Mother Nature

I woke up at some point through the night and thought that I didn’t like the sound of the clinking at my window and when I got up this morning I KNEW I did not like what I saw!!!
Why, Mother Nature, why???

Before I get started on my eats for the day, I want to wish a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Veggie Girl!!! Hope your day has been awesome!! :)

In anticipation of my breakfast I steeped a cup of Stash Raspberry Pomegranate tea last night to use as the liquid in my oats this morning. The result was a subtly fruity tasting bowl of oats!
-1 cup raspberry pomegranate tea
-1/2 cup Old Wessex 5 Grain cereal
-palmful goji berries
-sprinkle of chopped walnuts
-splash of unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
Warm, chewy, crunchy, sweet….all these wonderful sensations made my mouth very happy! :)

Sarah over at Mom on the Run has honoured me with another spectacular Bloggers Award
FRIENDS... comes with the following description to be added & passed along: "These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated.” It also says : "Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

I would like to pass the award on to the following awesome bloggers!!!

Coco @ Balance, Joy & Delicias
Marianne @ From French Fries to Flax Seeds
Meg @ Live, Love, Laugh, Eat, Learn
Angela @ Oh She Glows
Leah @ Simply Fabulous Now
Meghann @ Graduate Meghann
Caitlin @ Healthy Tipping Point
Liz @ Veggie Girl

I know that some of you may have already received this award, but you’re totally worth getting it twice!!!

Before hitting the gym I snacked on a few dried prunes (AKA…old lady food!!) and a piece of chocolate banana bread….

I wasn’t sure how my run would go today because my legs were super tired from all the SHREDDING I’ve been doing so I was pleasantly surprised when it felt pretty effortless! I ran for 40 minutes and spent 10 minutes doing ab work and my 3 sets of tricep dips as per the OSG BBCC!

Time: 50 minutes
Avg Hr: 163
Max Hr: 183
Calories Burned: 467
Distance: 4.13 miles

My arms felt like jelly for a good hour after my dips which made it kinda hard to type!

Lunch was leftovers….SURPRISE!! I added some edamame to the roast and green beans to bulk it up a bit.
Then I ate some grapes and blackberries as a sweet end!
I ran a few errands after work and then went to pick the kids up at my parents place. Seeing as Pilates is done now, DS and I went right home after dropping DD off at dance. I changed right away and popped in my 30 Day Shred to do before I got caught up in doing other things. I find it best to do right away or I lose motivation!

I made a CCV inspired dinner tonight partly because I had some veggies to use up, but mostly because I want as many chances as possible to win her most awesome CCV in a box giveaway!!! I pretty much followed her method to a tee and here is the end result!

I used red, green and yellow pepper strips, red onion and a small bag of broccoli slaw as my veggies. YUMMY!! Great, quick dish, Katie!! :) My sweet end was a piece of chocolate banana bread with homemade PB.
I plan to watch Dancing With the Stars very soon so I have to get going to make lunches and sort through school bags! Hope everyone has a fantastic night!

Bye for now!!

16 comments:

  1. SAME WEATHER HERE!! It's insanity.

    Congratulations on the award; and thank you for passing it on to me!! :-)

    Hooray for watching DWTS tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow, wow! It is sunny here in Vancouver but it was rainy/snowy last week...I guess the weather switched on us. Those blackberries look yummy - I haven't seen any around here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! When will it get warm???

    Thanks so much for the shout-out! I was so excited to see it!!! Anyway, I entered your name three more times :)

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it would be mean of me to mention the glorious sunshine and 17 degree weather we have today? And that I wore sandals to work? :D

    Thanks for the award :D Or coruse, now you'll take it back due to the above comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Snow! Are you kidding me?

    Love all your eats! Much congrats on the well deserved award.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It snowed here too, and I'm not happy about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That weather is NUTS! Meanwhile over here it's like summer outside with an intense sun. That's what gets you here - must be the altitude!

    I'm actually waiting for the sun to start to set before I head out for a run! lol

    Hang in there - next thing you know it will be muggy! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww thank you sweetie for the award!! :)

    Awesome workout today!! You kicked your own butt! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about the snow!
    And congratulations on the awesome award!

    I love making/packing lunches, -lol-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Snow again? For real? That is so crazy!Your lunch looks AWESOME! Best looking leftovers and graps make every meal better ;) Your night sounds like mine- lunch packing/prep for tomorrow and dancing with the stars

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh..snow!!! I can't believe it's snowing again there!!!
    Thanks so much for passing me the award! You're such a great blogger friend!!! I'm sure we'll become more friend in the future! :)
    dinner looks delicious~~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not only did it snow here yesterday, IT'S STILL GOING AT IT TODAY!! Ugh I hate this weather :(

    Here's hoping for lots of sunny days in our future!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww thanks for the award Krista!!! So sweet of you!!!

    This weather is crazy!! Makes me want to move to Florida!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!