Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sore Ankles????

HELLO!!! How’s everyone doing today?? Despite falling asleep on the late side last night I had a fabulous sleep and woke up before my alarm feeling refreshed. I hit the shower with images of a nice bowl of berry filled goodness in my head!
-1 cup water
-1/3 cup oat bran
-cinnamon
-4 big mashed strawberries
-lots of blueberries
-maple flakes
-walnuts
I ran the first four items through the immersion blender and then added everything else. I just love getting some fruit into me first thing in the morning!

Work was busy again today. Around 10:30 I found my hand in the office candy jar where I stole 4 chocolate eggs. Once I ate them I realized that if I wanted something sweet, I had brought some figs along.
I’m happy to report that no further chocolate damage was done to my thighs once these beauties were consumed!

Just before going to the gym I ate a big juicy navel orange…
So, the weirdest thing happened when I got out of bed this morning! My ankles hurt! I’ve never had sore ankles before! I’m thinking it was probably from running on a steeper incline yesterday. Anybody have any ideas on how to clear that up quickly??? For that reason, I hopped on the elliptical today.

Time: 50 minutes
Avg Hr: 163
Max Hr: 176
Calories Burned: 473

I also did 3 one minutes sets of walking lunges. KILLER!!!

Here’s my lunch….
SURPRISE!!!!! As I warned in yesterday’s post, today’s lunch was a replica of last night’s dinner. And just as delicious, too! For those of you who missed it, there's WW couscous, pork tenderloin and asparagus spears. My sweet end was a freezer muffin!
I enjoyed a bowl of sweet strawberries at the end of the work day…
The weather was absolutely spectacular when I left work! And when I got home I had one heck of an awesome package at my door step!!! The most fabulous Coco sent me a whole bunch of goodies from Whole Foods and TJ's!!!! here's a peak at what was inside....

Dark chocolate edamame....

Harvest Grains blend....
BARNEY BUTTER!!!
This neat little sweet treat...
I have NO idea what this was, but it was tasty!!! The filling was especially good! Mmmm!

THANK YOU so much, Coco!! This box made my day! There was also another non-edible surprise waiting for me in my mailbox!!! My MIL picked me up a copy of Hungry Girl's newest cookbook!
BOO-YA! As soon as the kids are in bed I'll be reading through this baby!!! THANKS, Mom!!!!

The excitement of all these fantastic treats propelled me through another round of level 2 shredding, but not before I ate the last quarter of my carrot cake Clif Bar...
I gotta tell ya, I have one sore hiney right now from this DVD! I suppose that means it's working, right? RIGHT?! :)

Dinner was a quick affair because the kids wanted to go to the park and I was all for that. Anything to tire them out! I made some really quick turkey burgers which I pan cooked and topped with some melty Swiss cheese. I didn't feel like taking the time to cook veggies and certainly didn't want more asparagus....one can only handle so much stinky pee....so I peeled and chopped up a pear as a side. The kids had the rest of a cucumber with dip and some noodles.
I know, this plate of food looks very boring indeed, but I assure you that all the contents were tres tasty!!I ate a coconut lime oat bar as my sweet end as well as a handful of chocolate covered edamame.
As you can well imagine, I have some goodies to put away and some recipe reading to do. Plus my kids need showers desperately for I fear they brought half the sand from the park home! :0 I hope everyone has a great evening! Oh! One more thing! If you are Canadian, go check out Kashi's website to get yourself a free box of granola bars!!! And don't forget to email me your BSI Lemon recipe submissions!!!!

Bye for now!!

14 comments:

  1. Looovely breakfast, gifts from Coco; and hooray for the new Hungry Girl cookbook!! Enjoy!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! What a great package!! You got hooked up :) Hope you enjoy my boyfriend, Barney - he's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, love that delicious muffin and strawberries!
    And oooh wow, what an awesome package!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you, that package looks awesome! And the mystery treat looks like mochi to me, red bean mochi probably, one of my favourite chinese treats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coco is too sweet - I am so jealous, I've been dying to try stuff from TJs! That cookbook looks awesome, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Krista,

    I'm Kale Green with envy!!! Look at all those goodies! :o)

    Coco ended up winning my giveaway - clearly it's good karma to pay it forward!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're just going to have all sorts of great treats!!! :) THANKS AGAIN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhhh....dark chocolate edamame!!! I've had it and omg it's the greatest!!!!! can't wait to hear what you think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, what a great package from TJ's. I'm heading to the States in August for my birthday, and I told my mom we are so stopping at TJ's in Bellingham so I can play! That harvest blend looks pretty awesome :D

    I should totally make couscous as a side more often, I don't know why I never think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! So many gifts from coco and lucky you getting the HungryGirl book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You got it!!! I'm so glad that you liked it and that you tried those mochis without even knowing what are they!!! hahaha...... this is how a real foodie should be! :) And thanks for the shouting out!!!
    I'll wait for you reviews for those products! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen those cereals in the store and really wanted to try them...can't wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah! What a sweet package! The
    Harvest Grains blend is seriously AMAZING! I made a stew type recipe with it (I can send you the link to the recipe if you want) and it was soooooo good! Chocolate covered edamame? Now this I have to try! Hope you have a good Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oohh I wish we had a Trader Joes here!!! I'm so jealous!!! That's an awesome package!!!

    Thanks for the tip on the Kashi!

    Hope your ankles feel better soon! You might need to do some strength exercises for them!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!